Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Head Is An Animal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

My Head Is An Animal Empty
PostSubject: My Head Is An Animal   My Head Is An Animal EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:28 am

[So this is a little bit of background for Waycca. I dunno, just wanted to share some of her past and what she's like and all that jazz. This is a little fic of when Way is eleven and visiting her aunt for the holidays.]

Waycca didn't like the water bottles in her aunt's refrigerator. They were always dented for some reason, ever single time she bought a new package of them. It didn't really make sense to favor plastic bottles over tap water, anyway. Health regulations - in their area, at least - wouldn't allow one kind of water to be healthy over another. She knew all this, had explained it all in detail to her aunt, but still they had the dented bottles.

Aunt Laurie came over once a year, every year for a weekend. Despite having only been with her aunt for such a small amount of time at such a lengthy interval, Waycca favored her over anyone else in her family. Laurie was always honest, never sugar coating anything but somehow managed this without being harsh. They always had a talk at the end of every visit. Waycca loathed these talks because she knew the time with her aunt was coming to an end.

On her eleventh Christmas, her parents decided to go all the way to the States instead of making Laurie leave her home to visit them. Waycca was instantly appalled by Aunt Laurie's Muggle-like way of living. She fully intended to make this known during the end-of-the-visit chat.

"So," Aunt Laurie said on one bright afternoon as they lounged on her back porch. "Make any new friends at school?"

"No. Everyone at my school is too...normal. They're all normal boring and they think they're witty or whatever but they aren't. They lack creativity."

Laurie sighed, leaning forward and cocking her head. Her light brown curls bounced and shone in the sun. "Okay. I thought you liked meeting new people..? There'll be lots of new people once you start going to Hogwarts."

It was Waycca's turn to sigh now. "New people I like fine. New people are interesting and, well, new! But then you learn all the things worth knowing about them and it's all...stale," she muttered, picking at the wood in her Aunt's porch swing. Mostly to change the subject, she added, "I hate your house."

Aunt Laurie's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "And why would that be?"

"You've got dented bottles. And dirty dishes. You don't even have a dishwasher! Muggles have inventions for a reason! You barely ever use your magic because you're all 'content' or whatever to sit around doing everything yourself! Like, what a waste is that? What a perfect waste of ability. What a stupid reason for putting more strain on yourself. I am not losing you because you shred your face in a garbage disposal or something!" It took a few moments for Waycca's oxygen-deprived brain to realize she'd been shouting.

Laurie's large brown eyes softened and instead of yelling or being appalled, she wrapped her niece up in a hug. Waycca's brow furrowed and she almost jerked away, utterly baffled. "What are you doing?" she demanded.

"Waycca, I'm not going anywhere. The Muggle world might scare you, but that's only because you don't know enough about it. It's dangerous, sure, but the wizard world is too. Besides, the garbage disposal is much to small to shred my face off," Laurie murmured, stroking Waycca's hair. "I'm sorry if your parents have convinced you that how I'm living my life is wasteful, but I'm here to tell you I'm loving every minute of it. It's definitely different, but different doesn't always mean wrong, sweetie. I'm not straining myself or anything. I'm only doing what I can handle. Okay?"

Waycca nodded wordlessly. She hadn't even really been sure of what a garbage disposal was. It made a lot of noise, that was for sure.
Back to top Go down

My Head Is An Animal
Page 1 of 1