Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)

Go down 
+3
Grace Wang
Waycca Louise
Dean McCoppin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) Empty
PostSubject: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Dean was already on his third cup of coffee by the time his class was scheduled to start. He had put an old record from a 50’s rock band onto the phonograph and was letting the music fill the classroom, idly tapping his foot against the cobblestones to the beat.

He glanced at the door periodically, waiting for the students to arrive. He had set up a toaster on a small wooden table next to his desk, deciding it was better to start off with something simple, rather than the complex workings of the internal combustion engine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AislingFairy89
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:25 pm

((I'm very thankful that, so far, Gryffindors and Ravenclaws haven't had any classes together. Makes my job a lot easier.))

Waycca strode purposefully into the classroom, bright eyes taking in the setup. Her aunt liked the Muggle world, had even lived in it, but Waycca herself had never found much to be desired. It was terrifying to her, to be honest, though of course she'd never say that allowed. There was too much complexity involved, too much room for things to go horribly wrong. Using chemicals and 'electricity' to live when both things could just as easily destroy you? She tensed her jaw, though, and managed an acknowledging smile to the man sitting behind his desk. Music was drifting out of some kind of wooden-looking thing with a long neck, and she had to wonder if it was a living thing or not. She did rather like the uppity beat, though.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Dean nodded a welcome to the student that walked into the room, "You can look around while we wait for your classmates," he offered. He knew that some of the students who had never really had encounters with the muggle world would find the things he had around the room strange. And being teenagers that usually meant they wanted to look and touch, which is why most of what he had supplied the room with was second hand.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Waycca nodded mutely, gaze already wondering all around the room. It eventually landed back on the musical thing, though, and she wandered closer to it, looking down the wider part of it and searching for any signs of life; say, teeth for example. "Excuse me, sir - and I'm probably gonna sound like an moron when I say this - but is this thing...alive?" she asked hesitantly. Oh, how she loathed not knowing things. Especially things that a lot of people would probably already know. This thing didn't even seem to be part of today's lesson but she just had to know about it.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Dean grinned, "No, its a phonograph, see the crank on the side, when you turn that it tightens gears inside and as they release they give the machine energy to run."

Dean was mildly amused that she had thought it was alive, but he shouldn't have been too surprised, at least she didn't think it was charmed.

"It doesn't even need electricity, its a brilliant machine."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Waycca bit her lip lightly, staring at the machine in wonder, trying to put all of that together in her mind to form this hulking, noisy thing. But she had to recover soon, or else she'd look like a five-year-old asking how a broom works...though she wasn't all that sure about that either, but at least she had the comfort of saying it was magic. "Oh. Oh, yeah...of course. That, uh, makes total sense. Yeah," she murmured, lingering for a moment as she continued to peer down its 'throat'. She still had several questions, but decided against asking them(For example, if some objects could run without electricity, why did the Muggles use so much of it?). She eventually found her way to a desk just behind the first row of desks.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:59 pm

"Don't worry, its a strange looking thing and most muggles don't even know what it is or how it works," Dean commented setting his coffee mug on the desk.

"The smaller machine next to it took over," he pointed to the small boombox, "eventually we'll have an entire class on the muggle music industry so I'll explain it a bit better then."

Dean was almost relieved that she seemed so interested, he was so paranoid that his would be the boring class that people actively tried to avoid.
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:31 am

Grace entered the room silently, with her hair in her face. She hated this class for several reasons, firstly because she hated the smell of coffee, so yippee there sat the professor with a mug of steaming hot coffee. She also hated the class because its just useless. One of those classes where she spends half of it in the bathroom.

Grace sat down as Akasha Wayyca and the professor were talking about some boombox. Grace sighed, this was going to be a long boring lecture she could get from watching her neighbors back home in China.

Last edited by Grace Wang on Mon May 21, 2012 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:39 am

((Hmm. Akasha hasn't entered the room yet Grace dear.
OOH BURN.))
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:49 am

(OOC: i meant Wayyca and for some reason typed Akasha)
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:01 am

((Yeah, just teasing ya))
Back to top Go down
Vivienne Darkbloom

Vivienne Darkbloom

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:12 am

Vivienne was not enthused about going to Muggle Studies in the slightest. The only reason she decided to go was the fact that her body hated her and made her wake up from her nap a little too early. This was one of those rare days that Vivi decided to wear her hair down, and it made her appear much more charming and relaxed.

When she walked into the classroom, the familiar smell of coffee entered her nostrils, and she smiled a bit at the toasty smell. "Makes me wish I had a latte this morning," she said aloud, looking at the professor, "Good day, Professor McCoppin," she greeted, going over to the table to look at the odd contraptions.

She gazed at the phonograph for quite some time, eyeing the funnel-looking part of it in which music was emitted. "..Um, this thing looks more like a hat than anything else.. are there little musical instruments inside it?" she asked, still inspecting the device from afar as she sat beside Grace. "My, don't you look radiant today, dear Gracie," Vivienne said in a mocking, sarcastic tone
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:19 am

Vivienne entered the room a while after Grace and sat down beside her, then commented on her 'happy' face expression.
Grace rolled her eyes, "This class is so stupid unless you're a hermit or you live in a city of just witches and wizards, I'm surrounded by muggles all summer and let me tell you, they aren't so fantastic they should have an entire class dedicated to them..." Grace said this lazily, playing with her hair.

"I only really came because it'll be interesting to see the malfoy's and Lestrange's reactions to this fine class." Grace told Vivienne.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:08 am

Dean nodded a greeting to the Slytherin girl, the phonograph was attracting quite a bit of attention it seemed.

The asian Griffindor was going to give him trouble, he could tell, it was already clear that she had a negative attitude towards the class. That was something he had expected from most muggle-borns and some half-bloods, but she seemed so throughly annoyed by having to be present.
Back to top Go down
Vivienne Darkbloom

Vivienne Darkbloom

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:17 am

Vivienne smirked a bit at Grace's words, shaking her head at her friend, "Can't you hold your true thoughts in, Gracie? You don't see me being overly rude. I'm the one that should be raising hell.. after all, I am the Pureblood of us both," she quipped, leaning back into her chair, looking up at the ceiling, "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you to be a snake."

Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:52 am

Grace laughed lightly at Vivienne's response.

"True, but pureblood or not, its a stupid class, think about what the muggle born have to endure during these classes. It would be like a witch going to a class about floo powder." Grace paused, "and no I don't think i can hold my thoughts in, well, unless they are actually important. Everything I say is what every sarcastic mind wishes they had the guts to say."
Back to top Go down
Perseus Malfoy

Perseus Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:35 am

The twins entered the classroom quietly, pausing at the door and glancing around at the contraptions with weary eyes. They stepped into the classroom, then looked towards the machine that was emitting music. Perseus resisted the urge to roll his eyes, then nodded politely towards the professor, whom he didn't recognize from last year.

...What was up with all of the new teachers, this year? Perseus cleared his throat once. "Sorry if we're late," he said, leading Proteus to two empty seats and sitting down. Proteus sat next to his twin, glancing again at the muggle inventions, both twins ignoring the strong smell of coffee.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:46 am

"Don't worry about it," Dean said nodding at the twins, "Everyone seems to be running a bit late today."

He took another sip of his coffee, he would probably have to start drinking it before he got to his classroom, considering all but one seemed to wrinkle their noses at the scent.
Back to top Go down
Leroy Eliton

Leroy Eliton

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:58 am

Leroy entered the classroom quietly, glancing around the classmates seeing there eyes water. he took a step the strong smell of the coffee started watering his eyes 'oh god.' he walked up taking a seat near the twins as he looked at the teacher he did say he was sorry or nothing. To Roy he could skip this class.
Back to top Go down
Vivienne Darkbloom

Vivienne Darkbloom

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:54 am

"Oh, Grace.. I'm gonna have to teach you some manners," said Vivienne, turning towards the door as the twins and Leroy came in. She recognized the three of them, Leroy being the most recent. She raised an eye in interest as the three of them sat within proximity of one another, running a hand through her silky dark brown hair as her emerald eyes scanned the room.

"Well, wonder what'd happen if we were the only people in this class today.." she said aloud, shaking her head, "I would've woken up from my nap early for a smaller class size.. hmph," she commented, looking over at Grace again, "You sound so negative.. tsk tsk tsk. Did you fall outta bed this morning?"
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:21 pm

“I suppose we may as well start with introductions for those of us who are here,” Dean sighed, “I’d like it if you could all give me your names and one interesting fact.”

Great, his first day teaching and he was already resorting to his grade school teacher’s “getting to know you” games.

“If It helps, I’ll start, My name is Dean McCoppin and I am a mechanic.”

It wasn’t an interesting fact and it was probably obvious, but that was all he was going to tell a group of students.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptyThu May 24, 2012 5:45 am

Aileen had entered the classroom as late as possible, dreading the class more than anything. The teacher was already inside when she came in and took a seat in the far back. Mother and father are most displeased about my being here. She thought as she looked to the front of the classroom, though she was not paying attention. Her parents are expressed a lot of disapproval when they learned she had to take the class. But what could be done? She didn't have a choice in the matter. Not that I have a choice in most matters. a treacherous thought echoed in the back of her mind. but she payed such rebellious thoughts no mind. She did have a choice. To do what she was told and live in the life of luxury and status, or rebel and be nothing but dirt on the ground. The choice was easy...

When the professor suggested introductions, she held back from rolling her eyes. What was the point in that? Ridiculous. she thought though her face was blank. No emotion to be seen. This was the best mask to where when in a place she disliked. She made it apparent she got no joy, while at the same time not showing just how much she didn't like it. She couldn't let anyone get any leverage over her after all.

Such vulnerability was distasteful and weak.

What is a mechanic anyways? she thought with a quiet sigh. Must have been a muggle thing. The very idea sent her stomach filled with disgust. And what is that smell? she wondered as her nose took in a whiff of something strong. Whatever it was, she did not like it.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:03 am

“Well,” Dean looked around the classroom with a slight frown, when no one came forwards, “that’s fine, just sign your names on this piece of parchment.”

He placed the sheet on a desk at the front and then walked over to the cupboard he had set up with all the sports memorabilia he could get his hands on. He pulled out the black and white checked ball and tossed in the air once, it landed back in his hands with a satisfying thud.

“Since it is the first day of class, we should have a bit of fun. So, we’re going out to the quidditch pitch and we’re gonna play a nice friendly game of football.”

He glanced around at the minimal amount of students, “And we’ll leave a note on the door so any latecomers can feel free to join us.”

He quickly scribbled the note a pinned it to the door and ushered the students out the door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Aileen was a bit surprised when no one came up to speak. Well, it was expected of her fellow Slytherin to not part take in such childish nonsense of the halfblood professor. But it was surprising none of he Gryffindors stood up to speak. Aren't they supposed to be the braves one going head first without thinking? she thought with a quiet snort. So much for their supposed bravery they were so proud of. Gryffindorks.

When the parchment was set down on the table, Aileen looked about. When she saw no one move about, she sighed before grabbing her quill and standing. Class would drag on if this kept up. And that was the last thing she wanted. Quickly, but with grace built into her from childhood, she made her way to the parchment. Once there, she signed her name quickly, but with neat handwriting.

With that down, she was quick to return to her seat. Merlin, let this class get through soon. she thought as she sat back down. Hopefully it would be something she could easily ignore.

"So, we’re going out to the quidditch pitch and we’re gonna play a nice friendly game of football."

That was the exact opposite of what she wanted. What in Merlin's beard is football? Some bloody muggle game? There was no way she was playing a muggle game! The mortification just thinking about it! But the Professor was ushering them all about, and she had no choice but to stand and head for the door. But she was determined to be among the last to leave and arrive at the Quiditch pitch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)   Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins) Empty

Back to top Go down

Muggle Studies Class One (Gryffindors and Slytherins)
Page 1 of 1