Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  Empty
PostSubject: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:05 am

Dean took a deep breath as he reached the pitch, with his class in tow. He had set up the goals earlier and the caffeine was now working its way through his system so he was in a much better mood than he had been when he rolled out of bed.

“Okay, I’m going to split you up into two teams, “ he said dropping the ball on the ground and rolling it under the ball of his foot. He glanced down at the parchment with the students’ names scrawled on it.

“Team One: Miss Louise, Miss Darkbloom, Mr. Malfoy. Miss Quinn, Team Two: Miss Wang, other Mr. Malfoy, Mr Eliton. Since the teams are uneven we will shuffle you around periodically. Go ahead, Split up and decide who will start in goal.”
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AislingFairy89
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:12 am

Grace followed her professor with a very irritated face expression, her dark hair billowing behind her.
They arrived at the quittich pitch and were divided into two groups. "are you fucking serious?" she mumbled.
She'd seen muggles play football before. It was, in her opinion, the stupidest waste of time imaginable, especially amidst the slytherins who would all become pissed when they realize they can't use magic for the game. She planned on cheating in a billion ways, and beating the crap out of anyone who stereotyped her for her house and gender.

Last edited by Grace Wang on Sat May 26, 2012 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:22 am

Waycca bit back an irritated sigh when he read out the teams. She definitely wasn't one for physical activities, but she could at least handle football. What she didn't particularly love was the fact that she'd been paired with only Slytherins. Grace seemed to be in the same boat. Why did her housemates have to be absent today of all days?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Aileen walked near the back of the group during the whole walk to the pitch. All the while her face was blank as she walked in stride. Though her thoughts were nothing but negative. Why do I have to take this class? Why am I stuck to play some muggle game? It's all beneath me! she thought to herself as they made it to the pitch.

When Professor McCoppin listed of the teams, she felt herself nearly sigh out knowing she was with mostly Slytherin. There was at least some comfort in that. She wasted no time in locating her 'teammates' and standing near them. Her mind already in motion of how to not be the first to enter the game. I don't even know how to play the foolish thing! I doubt I'm the only one. she thought with a small frown.

What kind of Professor didn't explain things? He better explains soon. Not that it mattered. She planned on not playing at all. Giving a smile to her Slytherin teammates, she took on the role of the relaxed student.
Back to top Go down
Vivienne Darkbloom

Vivienne Darkbloom

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:44 am

Vivienne giggled quietly as she followed the professor outside, watching Grace and Waycca's expressions as the teams were read out. This is going to be delicious, she thought, crossing her arms in satisfaction as she read Grace's lips, shaking her head at her friend. Those Gryffindors.. always the ones to be hotheaded.

She looked over to Aileen and one of the twins. She was never sure which one she was looking at, but it didn't matter to her. They were both hot. The fact that there were two of them just made it even better. "It's a nice day outside.. perfect for a nap.. which I should be taking right now,' she murmured, stepping forward towards the professor.

"Well, Professor," the girl started coolly, a smirk on her face, "..Are you going to explain to us Purebreds how to play this.. lovely game? I'm sure our.. other counterparts already know how to play, considering their interesting upbringing.."

Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:05 am

Dean's eyes narrowed at the girl's subtle barb, "Keep your opinions of your classmates' upbringing to yourself Miss Darkbloom."

"We won't be going too deep into the game, this is for fun after all. Your aim is to get the ball into the other team's goal. The goalie is the only player permitted to use their hands, the rest will manoeuvre the ball using their feet."

"The easiest way is to use the sides of your feet," he demonstrated moving the ball between his feet, "You can use your head or your knees if the ball is too high."

"This is a low contact sport, so no tackling, kicking other players or anything else that would injure them."
Back to top Go down
Vivienne Darkbloom

Vivienne Darkbloom

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:45 am

"Who said it was an opinion, Professor? Are you accusing me of blood prejudice?" asked Vivienne, narrowing her own green eyes, "Considering I'm friends with Miss Wang, it's obvious that I'm not prejudiced. Now, if you wish for me to be, I can be. But.. thank you for the explanation," Vivi finished hotly, now very irritated and cross.

"The nerve," she muttered, turning her back to the professor, "The absolute nerve.."
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:11 am

Dean sighed, he supposed he had misinterpreted her comment. It was difficult to let go of his own prejudices after hearing similar comments during his school years. He had nothing to prove to these students but he would not be the teacher who refused to admit that they were wrong.

"I apologize for my assumption Miss Darkbloom, though I advise you to work on how you phrase things."

With that said, Dean admittedly felt like a fool, but that was nothing new but he was of the belief that it was better to apologize than to let conflict simmer.

"Now, decide who will be in goal and we'll play. Also," He added as an afterthought, "Since a majority of your classmates have decided to skip today, I am giving everyone present bonus marks, which can be added to any test or assignment of your choosing."

That had been his fifth grade teacher's technique, it allowed the students to bring up their marks if they didn't do particularly well on an assignment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:20 am

Aileen looked at Vivienne with a cool gaze as she watched the Slytherin communicate with the Professor. Well, at least someone demanded an explanation. Though the foolish girl should have chosen her words more carefully. AT least that was what she thought when she saw the expression on their professor's face. I swear if she makes us loose house point, there will be dire consequences. Aileen thought to herself.

The raven-haired girl vaguely paid attention when the game was explained, only focusing on key factors before tuning it all out. She had no plans to play. When she saw how miffed the brunette was, Aileen felt a smirk forming her lips. "Now now Darkbloom," she said, her tone light and calm, though her smirk suggested snarkiness. "his reaction is partly your fault. For a Slytherin, you seem to have trouble choosing your words carefully." Aileen had no qualms saying this to Vivienne. Th girl needed to work on such skills to not bring a mockery to Slytherin. That and, to get her more miffed would have been fun.

Serves her right for associating with those of lower breeding she thought, as her smirk remained in place. "Thank you indeed Professor. Your explanation certainly gave me an understanding of this game." she added looking at the professor and giving a pleasant smile. One needed to be nice when speaking to professors. No need for house points to be taken away or detentions given out.

When the professor spoke about bonus points, a more truer, more honest, smile graced her lips. Excellent. It seemed good things could come out of this class. She certainly would need those points.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Waycca narrowed her eyes at her 'teammates'. Oh, joy. Two minutes into class and they were already starting problems. She sighed through her nose and turned to the Slytherins who she'd have to be playing with. "Okay, let's get organized. You guys heard McCoppin's rules. We need a goalie. Anybody feel exceptionably ready to take that?" she asked, figuring it was best to dive right in. She wasn't so sure about this. It was the two things she had absolutely no experience in: Muggle ways and sports.
Back to top Go down
Vivienne Darkbloom

Vivienne Darkbloom

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Vivienne narrowed her eyes at Aileen, her lips pursed into a scowl. "Oh, put a sock in it, Quinn," she growled, her physical appearance darkening as she got angrier. Vivienne was never one to let her emotions take her over, but today, she just felt different. Gone was her usual calm and collected aura. Instead, the air was thick and heavy around her, and she radiated pure violence.

She sighed a couple of times to get herself to calm down just a bit, and looked up at Waycca, blinking her eyes to stop seeing red. "Um.. I can handle that, I guess. Maybe."
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:50 am

As Vivienne and Aileen quarelled Grace watched Vivienne carefully. Grace noted the unnatural way her friend's eyes flashed with impatience as she snapped at Aileen. Grace got why or course, because Aileen was one of the most prejudiced students at Hogwarts and never even spares a glance for the mudbloods of the school. Grace always referred to muggle born in her head as mudbloods simply because it was quicker, but would never say the word allowed as she hated it when it was used as an insult. It was wrong, to her, to judge someone by their parentage, for all they know Grace could become a mass murderer any moment and be half blood.

Grace stood with one hip out ignoring the teacher's advice about kicking the ball and scoring.... blah blah blah....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:34 am

(Where's Kai!? I don't wanna post until we get the malfoy twins up and running T.T)
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 9:45 am

“Is everyone ready?” Dean called from the center of the field. He waited for the students to join before setting the ball on the ground.

“This is just for fun, but I will be watching so remember, NO contact.”

With that he stepped away from the checkered ball and let the students start.

((OOC: If everyone is cool with it, I’m just going to end the class with a quick description of the game. I just want to make sure that nobody had their hearts set on playing it out.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 9:49 am

(So long as Aileen was the one who managed to sit I'm cool with it XD)
Back to top Go down
Vivienne Darkbloom

Vivienne Darkbloom

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:17 am

(OOC: I'm totally fine with it (: )
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:49 am

(OOC: Im all good with it as long as Grace manages to seriously injure someone.)
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:55 am

It was obvious, as soon as they started that the rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin was pretty much the same as it had been when he was a student. Or more like, they just didn’t care about what they were doing.

The Malfoy twins were clearly annoyed with having been slit up and were stubbornly standing in one spot, not even watching the ball or the rest of their team. Miss Quin had decided to sit out for the first bit, but it was obvious she had no intention of playing, as she examined her manicured nails.

Dean sighed, it seemed like the only one really trying was Miss Wang, the Asian girl was dominating the ball, effectively keeping it away from her fellow Gryffindor, Miss Louise.

After a while Dean checked his watch, it was nearly time for class to be done and the students still needed to get back up to the castle. He began walking into the field, which admittedly was a foolish mistake because as he reached the center and opened his mouth to speak Miss Wang came barreling towards him, dropping her body into a slide tackle.

Dean felt her foot come in contact with his right leg then there was nothing as he fell to the ground. The pain came shooting up his leg as he sat up, he glanced at the girl, making sure that she was uninjured, grimacing through the pain.

“Very nice tackle Miss Wang,” He commented through gritted teeth, “But this was a no contact game.”

“You can all head back to the castle, class is dismissed,” he called gingerly touching his injured leg. Somehow, the girl had managed to dislocate his ankle, he would have to go to the Hospital Wing and get someone to align it.

He pulled himself up and began to hobble towards the castle, the students mere pinpricks ahead of him.

((Grace, I know you wanted to injure someone but I didn’t want to injure someone else’s character…So you got to injure the teacher instead.))
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:55 am

(coolios)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}  Empty

Back to top Go down

Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Gryffindors and Slytherins}
Page 1 of 1