Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sherlock the Cat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

Sherlock the Cat Empty
PostSubject: Sherlock the Cat   Sherlock the Cat EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:58 pm

"I think it'd be a good idea if you got a pet," Michael told Penelope, much out of the blue. Penelope looked up from her book, staring at her twin brother. Had she heard him correctly? Did he just say that he thought it would be a good idea for her to get a pet? Perhaps she was going deaf or was just hearing things. Penelope and a pet didn't really seem like the best of ideas; she was afraid of most animals, though usually on the larger side.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" She questioned him, the obvious disbelief in her voice. Michael looked down at her and sighed, probably feeling that this would be quite difficult to convince her of.

"I think you should get a pet," he repeated. Penelope paused, closing her book - which was bookmarked, there was no need to lose her place - and put it on her lap. She blinked up at him, pursing her lips.

"A pet?"

"Yes, a pet."

"Michael," Penelope sighed, "I don't really... I don't really like animals. You know as much... you probably know more." Michael reciprocated the sigh and moved to sit next to her.

"Yes, I know, but just think about it. I'm not going back to Hogwarts this year, and I know for a fact that's freaking you out. I know you don't want to go, at least not alone, and so I figured if you got a pet... then you wouldn't be alone." Michael explained. Penelope studied him for a moment.

"I don't know, Mikey, it's just... a pet?" Penelope questioned. Michael nodded. She wasn't even sure if she'd go through with it, but maybe she could humor him.

"Okay, we can go to the Magical Menagerie, but I cannot promise you that I will find a pet I want," Penelope told him. Michael smiled and nodded. This alone had made him happy, that she had agreed, and that, in return, made her a little happy.

The next morning, Penelope and Michael Baudelaire had arrived in Diagon Alley. They slowly made their way to the Magical Menagerie and Penelope reluctantly went inside. There were so many animals; loud, mean owls, squeaky, freaky rats, slimy, huge toads, and of course the clawed maniacs of cats. She'd probably browse and then leave without anything; she hadn't promised she'd get one, just that she'd show up.

"Hello dearies," the shoplady greeted. "Looking for anything in particular?"

"Not really, just a pet for my sister her," Michael chimed in before Penelope could say anything.

"Oh, well, just have a look around. More often than naught, the animal will pick you," she smiled before pushing her glasses up and returning to what looked like a crossword puzzle.

"Michael, I'm not really seeing anythin-" a shiver ran up her spine as something brushed up against her leg. She looked down, noticing a lean black cat with golden eyes weaving between her legs.

"Looks like one saw you," Michael mused. Penelope gave him an ugly face before looking down at the cat. He sat down staring up at her and she almost saw a similar intellecutal look in his eyes. Mustering up the courage, she leaned down to pet him. His jet black fur was incredibly soft to the touch. "Well look at that, I think we found one!"

The shoplady looked up and glanced down, a look of surprise on her face. "Well, I'll be, that cat often doesn't like people. He hisses and scratches like a demon. We've had him for about a year now, can't get rid of him," She told the twins. Penelope looked up, in disbelief. This cat, who purred only so slightly, was a demon cat? "But, he seems really taken to you, deary. Maybe he's your familiar." She smiled.

"Look at that, PenPen, you have a familiar! I told you you needed a pet. C'mon, he's on me," Michael grinned from ear to ear as he walked over to pay for him.

"Just don't try to put him in a cage; he hates those," the shoplady warned.

After leaving the pet shop, the Bombay cat held securely in Penelope's arms, Michael turned to her. "So, PenPen, what'cha gonna name him?" He questioned.

"Uhm, well, he seems very curious... and intelligent... I don't know. I think Sherlock," Penelope shrugged. She did quite enjoy those old muggle detective stories... and the cat had similar traits as Sherlock Holmes.

The cat, Sherlock, mewed in agreement to his name, making Michael laugh. Penelope cracked a smile. Well, maybe she'd be able to get along with this cat. Maybe... he seemed friendly enough, to her at least.

(you don't even KNOW how badly I wanted to make him be able to talk or make him like Binx, a human cursed to live in an animal's body who can still talk. Like... that would've been so cool, but then I remember that the cats just don't do that in Harry Potter, not even animagus. SO, my dreams were dashed, but I still love Sherlock either way. Isn't he such a cutie~)

Back to top Go down

Sherlock the Cat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Alternate Universe :: Out of Character :: Fan Fiction-
Jump to: