Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Magical Menagerie // Aloysius the Kneazle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

Magical Menagerie // Aloysius the Kneazle Empty
PostSubject: Magical Menagerie // Aloysius the Kneazle   Magical Menagerie // Aloysius the Kneazle EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 3:58 am

Just so you know, guys, I'm usually a FAR better writer than this Razz But I just sorta banged this one out in a day and it ended up a little crappy... hope you enjoy anyway Very Happy

Jessica stared a little blankly at the case of giant snails that for some reason took the prime place within the Pet Shop. Kind of weird… who wants a snail anyway? She continued walking up and down the aisles, dazed at the sheer strangeness of a lot of the pets. A whole aisle was devoted to Pygmy Puffs, of course gathering the attention of children and many girls her own age. Jessica didn’t see the point in them, really. They were just enchanted cotton wool balls. Though that sounds pretty darn cute…

Past the owls and the cats, Jessica finally paused at an aisle with more exotic animals. Perhaps not extremely so, but they were nevertheless… interesting. A large cage was filled with a variation of small, hairless creatures that seemed to be chattering to each other in their own little language. A few tanks were scattered with Grindylows, cards taped to each tank saying ‘Teaching License Required’. Even a few Puffskeins were up for sale.

Eew.

Jessica continued walking up the aisle, staring at the various animals until one caught her eye.

Apparently, she had caught one of the pets’ eyes instead.

She stopped abruptly, noticing one of the cat-like creatures was staring at her. It took a lot of guessing to say it looked like a cat. Jessica looked at the sign above it. Kneazle- Not Thoroughbred. She looked back down at the animal who continued staring at her with a tilted head. It was the weirdest looking kneazle she’d ever seen in her life- it looked like its tail had been shortened somehow, and its fur was a lot darker than she had seen in others. But its spotted fur was still there, and the overly large ears.

“Hello there,” Jessica said to the animal, a little bemused at the way it stared. The animal tilted its head the other way. “I’m Jessica.”

The animal blinked slowly, its stub of a tail wagging excitedly.

Oh Merlin… it’s so cute!

Kneeling slightly by the open topped cage, Jessica offered her hand to the animal, palm flat. The kneazle leant its head forward slightly, sniffing her hand before lapping at it.

Yep. This one’s mine. No doubt about it.

In the common room...

The common room was, for the most part, empty when Jessica returned. The only occupied seat was taken by Fionn who seemed to be miraculously studying. When he looked up and saw her, he smiled, putting down the book.

“Hey, how’re you doing?” he asked.

“Umm… good,” she replied, smiling brightly. “I kinda got a pet today.”

“So what kind did you get?”

Jessica paused, putting down the box that little Aloysius was napping in.

“Promise not to laugh?”

“Why would I do that?”

“Well, he‘s… different.”

A rustling from the box told Jessica that Aloysius had woken up during their conversation, and she looked down in time to see him crawl from the box, sitting and staring at Fionn with the same curious look he had given to Jessica in the shop. For a moment, the two of them stared at each other while Jessica watched.

“He’s a… kneazle.”

They continued staring at each other, as if locked in some sort of serious battle. If it had lasted much longer, Jessica was sure she was going to burst out into tear-worthy laughter.

“I like him,” Fionn said after a while, nodding in approval.

Jessica’s smile broadened as she leant down, hoisting Aloysius into her arms. She poked her tongue out teasingly at Fionn quickly before she scampered back to her room, ready to make her new little pet feel home.

Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie // Aloysius the Kneazle   Magical Menagerie // Aloysius the Kneazle EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 4:52 am

LOL XD this is SO what he'd do, too XD you got him in character, awesome! ^^ I love it, it's so cute~!
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie // Aloysius the Kneazle   Magical Menagerie // Aloysius the Kneazle EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:29 am

YUS IN CHARACTER!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie // Aloysius the Kneazle   Magical Menagerie // Aloysius the Kneazle Empty

Back to top Go down

Magical Menagerie // Aloysius the Kneazle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Alternate Universe :: Out of Character :: Fan Fiction-
Jump to: