Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- Empty
PostSubject: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:00 am

Penelope had bundled up in a warm blue sweater, her Ravenclaw scarf wrapped around her to save her from the chill of the wind. She couldn't wait until spring came around. Though, the light snow that had fallen recently was quite beautiful. Her steps made light crunches as she made her way through Hogsmeade. She was on a mission... a mission to find sugar! She really needed something to fix her small addiction. She had quite the sweet tooth and she had finally run out of all of her Sugar Quills... she needed to stock up again.

The bell made a small noise as Penelope entered Honeydukes. She relished in the warmth that the store provided and unwound her scarf so that it dangled loosely over her shoulders. She reached up and ruffled the small amounts of snow that had fallen into her hair and hoped that she had gotten it all out before walking down the aisles, trying to find some good treats. She had to remember to grab three for Todd, she had promised to get him a few after all.

Finally Penelope found the Sugar Quills and a small smile spread across her face as she leaned forward to inspect them. She'd have to pick out the perfect ones, of course.

Last edited by Penelope Baudelaire on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:17 am

Todd pushed into the shop, wearing a beanie to shield his hair from the snow. He paused by the door to breathe in the sweet, warm air. Oh, if there was one place in Hogsmeade he'd be pleased to be trapped in overnight, this was it. He wandered around for a few minutes before drifting towards the Sugar Quills. And who would be there but the lovely Miss Baudelaire?

He strode ho to the shelves, admiring how cute she looked all bundled up in her House colors. He tapped her on the shoulder with one hand while reaching for a bag of Quills with the other.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:27 am

Penelope felt someone tap her on the shoulder and she jumped slightly, turning to see who it was. When she saw that it was Todd, a small smile appeared on her face. "T-Todd, hello," she greeted. Apparently she hadn't been the only one who had been wanting something sweet. Penny looked down and noticed he was grabbing a bag of quills. "You know... Book Girl still owes Sir Schmucksalot some Sugar Quills... if I, uh, if I remember correctly." She smiled, grabbing her own bag. She found herself glad to see him, as she normally was; he was her friend, after all, but she still tried not to flush at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:43 am

"Hi," he replied warmly. "I also seem to recall that I demanded Book Girl have some too. Besides, Sir Schmucksalot never said Book Girl had to buy the Quills she owed him." He grinned, pulling another two bags from the shelf. It was a relief to come across her again after his rather strange day of sleeping, walking, and eating. "It'd be a pleasure to buy my sweets alongside yours, though, Penelope."
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:52 am

Penny raised an eyebrow. "So, I owe you some Sugar Quills... but I don't have to buy them?" She questioned, a small laugh leaving her mouth. "You make no sense." She teased him lightly before grabbing a few more. She wondered what other sweets she should get. She might as well grab a few other things just to stock up. Sometimes when you're up late studying, you need sugar to get you through it all... Penelope did, anyway.

Penny blushed a bit, her lips still curved upwards. "O-oh... n-no. The... the pleasure is all mine," She gave a small curtsy, holding onto the edges of her pretend dress before laughing slightly. She was in a much better mood today than she had been. Perhaps because her head was feeling quite alright and she wasn't drunk. Both good things to have gotten rid of.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Todd grinned, shaking his head in amusement. "Of course it makes sense! You get to hand them to me as if you bought them, so that if any of my enemies are watching they'll think you buy flashy presents for me. Just makes me feel nice if the other villains believe those lies."

He laughed lightly at her curtsy. "How very polite and gracious you are, Book Girl." He was relieved that she seemed to be in a better shape today, as he'd been worried about her headaches and dizziness. He bent to grab some mints from a lower shelf, performing a low bow at the same time. "Taking a break from your crimefighting to get some sweets?" he asked as he straightened again.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:21 pm

"Oh, I see then. You want them to be jealous that I buy you sweets and no one else, huh?" She giggled lightly. "Though, what would my fellow superheroes say? They'll think I'm turning to the dark side." Penny let out a small sigh before smiling slightly. "Or that I'm luring you to the good side with sweet treats. Hmn, I see the sense in it now. Yes." She giggled once more.

Penny nodded. "Well, I can't be fighting crime all the time, can I? I need something to keep me going. Sugar is the best thing, I think," She shrugged. "And you? You're not out robbing some poor innocent woman of her purse?" She teased lightly. She took in a deep breath, smelling in all the sweet smells. She really did love this place... though there was something oddly familiar about being here... but perhaps that was just because she had often frequented the store.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:36 pm

"Exactly! We both benefit from it," he exclaimed, bobbing his head slightly in a nod. "My fellow tyrants will think I've got something over you, and your fellow heroes will think you're converting me to the cushy good life."

"I agree. Candy is a precious renewable resource when it comes to the Super business," he said, leaning against one of the walls. "Stealing from old ladies got way boring, and then I tried stealing candy from babies, but then I realized that all of the babies' candy would be bitten off of already. Being a huge germophobe, I knew I had to go get myself some clean candy, even if it meant not stealing for once."
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:43 pm

"Look at that, both conning our respected sides. Although... I suppose that should come natural to the villains... not so much for the heroes. You're a bad influence on me Todd Cross," Penelope said, trying to be as stern as possible, and wagging her finger at him. She placed her hands on her hips. "Really now, I don't know what to think."

Penelope then let out a laugh. "Yes, stealing from babies doesn't sound very appealing. They do drool an awful lot." She shivered at the thought of it. "Well, I'm glad to see you being a normal citizen for once... actually buying for candy." She grinned. She reached up and adjusted her scarf and sweater as it was a little warmer in here than outside. She took her scarf off and placed it in her never-ending purse that hung off of her belt, now revealing her newest necklace that she had received.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:54 pm

"Exactly my goal," he said with a wink. "You'd make a good villain, me thinks." He raised his eyebrows at her. "If you're ever in the market, I'd be glad to give you a henchgirl job. You'd move through the ranks of evil pretty quick. Be Empress of Evil in no time."

Todd smirked, lifting a shoulder in a shrug. "Don't count on this being a regular thing. I'm just lulling you into a false sense of security." He was about to say something else when the necklace caught his eye. He let out a whistle and cocked his head. "Oi, where'd you get that flashy bling?" he asked, though he had a creeping suspicion that he might not want to know.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Penelope blushed lightly, but smiled anyway. "Oh no, Mister Cross, I quite disagree. I have sworn my allegiance with all that is good and proper in the world," she told him before smiling. She leaned in, whispering. "Plus, if I were to ever turn to the villain side... wouldn't it be easier to take over from within?" She asked, blinking quiet innocently.

"Oh, okay, I'll keep that in mind," Penny giggled. When he saw the necklace, her face fell a bit and she blushed. "O-oh uhm... A-Aladdin... gave it to me... I... tried to give it back, but... he wouldn't let me..." She shrugged, turning to look at some of the other candies. She picked out a few chocolate frogs.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Todd let out a surprised laugh, having not expected that in the least. Though, honestly, he knew firsthand how clever Penny could be. "You are so maniacal, B.G. I must now question your motives."

And so he was proven right. He suddenly wished he hadn't complimented the jewelry in the first place, which was stupid. It was beautiful, and looked splendid on her, no matter who it'd come from. He also wished he could give her things like that, though his family wasn't exactly royalty. Why did that matter, anyway? It was just a necklace, a little piece of plastic or...crystal or whatever it was made of. He shook away those thoughts of vanity and forced himself to smile politely. "How...nice of him."
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Penny chuckled, shrugging slightly. "Always question the motives of your opponent, really Sir Schmucksalot, did you learn nothing when becoming a villain?" She questioned with a teasing tone.

"Y-yes... very nice," Penelope muttered. She had thought it was too much; she hadn't deserved anything like it. It was wasted on her, really. She then put on a smile and turned to look at Todd. "S-so, what, uh, what other candy does Sir Schmucksalot like? Besides Sugar Quills and mints?" She questioned while subtly putting the necklace under her sweater.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Todd let out a scoff. "If you are going to resort to sassiness, I am going to start crying. Right in the middle of this shop. People will form a crowd and wonder how very abusive you could possibly be to reduce such a manly man to tears," he conceded, corners of his lips turning up in a smirk.

His eyes lit up again when she mentioned the candy; always a subject to lift his mood, though it took an effort to expel thought of the necklace even after it was out of sight. "Well, the Beans are always a surprise - more of an adventure than a tasty experience, but whatever. Chocolate frogs are always a treat. And you?"
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Penny bit back her laughter. "Oh, well then, I am very sorry," she walked over to him, tilting her head to the side and batting her eyelashes. "Can you ever forgive me?" She questioned innocently, a small smile forming on her face. She could so easily forget herself... or rather, find herself in these conversations. It felt so natural.

Penelope scrunched up her nose. "I'm always afraid of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans..." She shivered. She was afraid of getting vomit flavored or rotten egg. "Chocolate frogs are definitely a must. I quite like Cauldron Cakes. Fizzing Whizzbees aren't too bad either," She smiled. While she didn't like heights, Fizzing Whizzbees only took you off the ground a few inches. It wasn't anything too bad and was actually quite fun.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Todd stuck out his bottom lip in a pout and sighed. "I suppose I can't force myself to forgive you over more Quills, so I'll just have to use my morals this time." He tossed back his head and groaned softly. "Ughh, forgiveness is so hard to pull off. Help me, Book Girl! Save me from my grudges!"

"Ah, Fizzing Whizzbees. I'd forgotten about those. Which I'd read the label the first time I tried 'em, though," he muttered, shuddering at the memory. That had been mostly his brothers' fault, as they thought it'd be hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Penny giggled. "To think, a villain asking for a hero's help. How very odd, but I suppose I can help," She smiled. Though, how, she was unsure. She tapped her chin lightly. "Now, how to help someone get over their grudges. It seems to be very hard, I don't know." Penny pouted. "Is it really so hard to forgive me though?" She questioned innocently.

Penelope let out another laugh. "The first time I had one, Michael didn't tell me what they were. That was probably my first mistake. I had freaked out... but after a while, I found it really fun," Penny smiled, giving a light shrug. She had, of course, smacked Michael over the head with one of her books about three times for tricking her like that.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Todd perked up and rocked back on his heels. "You nearly made me cry in front of all these people, B.G!" he said with a grin. "And despite those 'innocent' blue eyes, I know just how devious you can be, so there will be no more trying to fool this guy. Of course, your wonderful qualities outweigh your tear-inducing ones, but I can't see that through my grudging state."

He smiled, laughing and shaking his head at the image. "Yes, I suppose that's a sibling's job when introducing you to the basic candies."
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Penelope pursed her lips, trying not to laugh. "Darn, I suppose once you've seen through me there's no going back," She let out a sigh, slumping her shoulders a bit. She looked up at him, biting her lip. Before she could even stop herself, she moved forward, stood on her tiptoes, and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Please forgive me," she said, trying not to blush madly as she turned on her heels and quickly made her way to one of the shelves.

"O-oh, look," she stated, trying to hide her red face as much as possible. "Fizzing Whizzbees. Perhaps we should have some?" She questioned, grabbing a bag off of the shelf. Anything she could do to change the subject, really.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Todd watched her with curiosity as she rushed forward. When he felt her lips on his cheek it took all his might not to grin like an idiot. "Consider it forgiven," he murmured under his breath, chuckling to himself at her apparent embarrassment.

"Yeah, look at that! They pop up in a conversation and then present themselves to us! It's destiny, I tell you," he declared, cheeks a tad warmer now. It took a lot to get Todd to come close to blushing, and she'd definitely caught him off guard with that.

((And, with that heart-stoppingly sweet moment, I must go to bed!))
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:13 pm

A small smile played its way onto her face and she hid it behind her long, wavy brown hair. Good she thought, though said nothing out loud. No need to make her blush anymore as her heart pounded a little to loud for her liking. Honestly, why she put herself in those situations she wasn't sure. It just... she acted without thinking... it wasn't as if she regretted it much anyway.

"Mm, yes, it must be destiny," she smiled. Destiny or a convenient distraction, she'd accept either. She turned, hoping that her blush had since disappeared. "I suppose this means that they must be bought and consumed. If it is destiny, after all."

[Mkay Darling, sweet dreams. <3 I'll be at work all tomorrow, but I should be on in the evening. :3 ]
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 1:23 am

Todd beamed at her, lightly flicking the bag. "Destiny demands we devour these things like no tomorrow!" he agreed. "Thanks, Destiny!" He called out toward the ceiling, as if talking to God or something of the like. "Destiny says I have to pay for at least half the price." He tugged the beanie off his head and tucked it into his pocket; it was much too warm in here to be wearing it now.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:34 am

Penelope giggled and glanced upwards as Todd did. She pursed her lips then, looking back down. "Oh, no, you don't have to. It's my treat," Penny insisted. "Plus, I almost made you cry; I feel obligated to." She smiled at him. Penny than watched as he took his beanie off. She bit her lip, tying to hold back her laughter. "T-Todd," she motioned above her head trying to convey that his hair was sticking up every which way. She giggled once more before reaching up to smooth it down. "Your hair... it was sticking up all over the place." She told him, a light pink blush forming over her face.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:14 am

Todd sighed, shaking his head at her. "So stubborn," he muttered with a playful smirk. His eyebrows lifted when she stared laughing and he glanced around, wondering what could be so funny. He felt her smooth down his hair and flashed her a grin, nodding in understanding. "Oh, sure it was," he teased. "It totally wasn't just that you wanted to feel my incredibly soft locks. Also, thank you for sparing me that embarrassment."
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:23 am

Penny shrugged. "Yes, I suppose I can be," she chuckled. "Perhaps it's one of my..." she pursed her lips, trying to think of the right phrase. Something echoed in her head and she couldn't help repeat it; it seemed like the right phrase, "redeeming qualities; would you not think so?" She questioned, her smile apparent on her lips and in her eyes.

Penelope blushed. "I-I... n-no," she stuttered at first. "I just... I can't be seen with someone... with mussed up hair... I... have to keep my appearances up as a... a superhero." She nodded sharply. Yes... yes... she'd go with that, though it sounded very lame. She bit her lip, another smile tugging at the ends. "You're welcome."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-   Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END- Empty

Back to top Go down

Quills of the Sugar Variety {Todd} -END-
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next