Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aladdin's Quidditch practice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aladdin Amirmoez

Aladdin Amirmoez

Aladdin's Quidditch practice  Empty
PostSubject: Aladdin's Quidditch practice    Aladdin's Quidditch practice  EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:38 am

Aladdin pulled on his quidditch robes. He was fairly sure he would have to try out for the team again but in the meantime he was going to get some practice in. Aladdin had been on the team since his third year. He had learned to fly on carpets mostly at home but he did know how the fly a broom when he came to school. He had loved the game quidditch when he first started learning to play. He was small and speedy so for a while he was the back-up seeker. But he had learned how to play both keeper and Chaser. He didn’t have the upper body strength to be a beater.
Finally he got to the pitch and hopped on his broom, and started doing warm-ups by lapping around the pitch a bit.
Ambrose showed up a short time later. He had told Aladdin that he would come and help him practice for any tryouts that might be happening. It was a secret who the Captain was. It had become a tradition so that the Captains could see how people practiced and talked and train. The Slytherin Captain also loved making people squirm usually.
“Hey Al.” Ambrose called out as he rose up to meet Aladdin.
“Hey Ambrose.” Aladdin smiled at the upper classman. Ambrose had become something of an older brother to him which was funny because he was the oldest of lots of kids at home. “Can we get to work I really want to get the Wronskie feint before practices starts up. I want you to watch me and tell me what I’m doing wrong. That cool?”
Ambrose chuckled. “No problem Al show me what you’ve got.” Ambrose watched as Aladdin climbed high into the air. Aladdin took a breath as he climbed higher still and turned ready to start his decent.
He turned and began speeding toward the ground hard and fast. The wind whipped his hair back as the earth rushed toward him. He was feet away from the ground when he began pulling up to scrape along the ground. Unfortunately he went into a spiral and spilled off into the ground.
“Damnit!!!!” Aladdin yelled from the ground. He kicked his heel into the ground. Ambrose laughed and flew over to him grabbing Aladdin’s broom bringing it over to the downed 15 year old.
“You have one of the best brooms so it’s not that. I think you twisted your wrist when you started to pull up. That’s why you spun out and went down. Try it again and keep your wrists straight and pull up directly in front of you.” The older boy instructed.
Aladdin nodded and got up. He dusted himself off and mounted his broom. “Right.” He shot up into the air determined to get it. He made a small circle when he reached the altitude he wanted.
He then started to rocket to the ground. When he was a few feet from the ground he tightened his wrists and pulled up straight up. His feet skimmed a foot over the ground. He would need to practice to get it perfect but he finally got it right.
“YES!!” He took his hands off his broom and raised his fists in the air. He did an energetic loop. He sped over to Ambrose.
“You were so right! I just needed to keep my wrists straight!!” He said excitedly.
“Just some miner tweaks and you’ll have it perfect.” Ambrose laughed at Aladdin’s excitement.

-The character's name - Aladdin Amirmoez
-The character's gender - Male
-The character's house - Slytherin
-The character's year – 5th
-Three positions, in order of preference, your character would be interested in playing
Seeker, Chaser, keeper
-Why your character wants to be on the team – Aladdin loves to show off, and has learned to love the game
-How skilled your character is at Quidditch on a range from 1 (Terrible) to 10 (Exceptional) - 8
Back to top Go down

Aladdin's Quidditch practice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Alternate Universe :: Out of Character :: Fan Fiction-
Jump to: