Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quidditch: it's what's for life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

Quidditch: it's what's for life Empty
PostSubject: Quidditch: it's what's for life   Quidditch: it's what's for life EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 5:23 pm

"alright, just because you had a place last year on the team DOES NOT mean you'll automatically get a place this year, is this understood?"

nobody said anything and the players stood awkwardly staring at the captain as he awkwardly stared back, until a bored and surly voice ground through the air. "if we nod our heads like good little sheep will you let us get on the fucking brooms and play already?" the captain took in an annoyed breath. four minutes into the session and already he was ready to kill something. "Causer I have told you again and again, language! one more slip-up and you're not getting on the team"

Fionn rolled his eyes from where he was in the back, getting on his broom. "yes, sir. now let's get these hopefuls into the air, I'm ready for some action!" the captain groaned, but he was smiling. you had to give the big man points for enthusiasm. "Causer, try not to send anyone to the hospital wing this time! I'd like to have a few players left for actual practices and the upcoming match against Slytherin!" Fionn gave him a thumbs up as he rose into the air, laughing at the frightened faces of the first timers.

Fionn wiped sweat away with the back of his hand and kept an eye out for the two bludgers. maybe a Seeker had to find a tiny little ball that flew almost at the speed of light, but Fionn had two extremely fast, extremely painful little blighters to look out for. bludgers had the weight and power to crush a broom, not to mention what they could do to someone's arm or stomach. he had to keep them away from team-mates. speaking of which...Fionn sped to the side of a clueless second year trying out for the keeper position. he wound up and let loose on the ball, sending it hurtling across the field. Fionn glared at the surprised and slightly shocked girl and jerked his head at the returning ball. "pay attention" he growled, and took off to get the other one before it hit Molly in the back.

they'd been going at it for three hours and Fionn was starting to send hateful glares at the Captain. he pondered lightly how much trouble he'd get for aiming a bludger at the man's head, and figured he could possibly get away with it if he claimed it changed direction in mid-flight. the rotten things were infamous for that sort of thing, after all. just when he was about to go searching for one to do just that, the captain called an end to the practice. "well it's about bloody time, man!" the other man shot him a warning glance and Fionn raised his hands, an innocent look on his face. "I said 'loving', man. don't look so offended, you should really do something about that temper, you know" the amount of evil pleasure he got from the angry glare shouldn't be legal.

Fionn, already on the ground by this time, snickered and headed to the changing rooms, not being able to help himself from the whispers. a few were about him, that was interesting.

"did you see that? I thought his bat was going to break in two!"
"it can't, stupid. the bats are enchanted to not break. but I heard a rumor that Causer's the reason, cuz he had to get a new bat after every time he hit the bludger"

huh. Fionn hadn't heard that particular story before, it was rather funny. he went into the men's changing room and listened to another conversation, about Molly.

"Man, Starkey's such a babe! she looks good off field, on field..."
"yea, I know! wonder what she'd look like in a bikini?"
"oh, man, don't even! my poor brain! and besides, Causer might kill you if he heard that"

Fionn stifled a sigh. he knew where this was going, and finished changing, but kept the bat in hand and began creeping up on the two unsuspecting idiots.

"wait...I don't get it, why'd he blow a gasket for me talking about Starkey?"
"it's the way you're going on about her, moron! didn't you see how they had each other's backs on field?"
"wait...you don't mean..?!"
"no, he doesn't"

the two boys whirled around to find Fionn leaning against a locker, gently smacking his bat into his palm, a rather severe look on his face. "a beater" he started conversationally, "protects all members of the team and does not give more attention to one member of the team over another. while one member might take more risks than another and thus need more help, it does not mean that the beater and that team-mate are in a relationship. after all, a team means teamwork and equality and a relationship with a team-mate would screw that up, do I make myself clear?" he slammed his bat into the locker for emphasis and gave them a rather sunny smile as they quailed and ran.

Fionn laughed and started whistling. that was almost more satisfying than actually beating the tar out of them! he put his bat away and walked happily out of the changing rooms and onto the grounds, still whistling. what a great practice!

Back to top Go down

Quidditch: it's what's for life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Alternate Universe :: Out of Character :: Fan Fiction-
Jump to: