Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. Empty
PostSubject: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:45 am

Molly let out a groan, sitting up as she pressed her hand to her head. What had... Molly's blue eyes snapped open, taking in her surroundings. She remembered being at the ball... talking with that depressed Irishman. How did she end up here? Where was here? Moll glanced around and noticed two unconscious bodies, one younger female and another older male. When Moll tried to remove her mask, she found that it clung desperately to her face. Still, she tried and tried until she let out a small, frustrated noise.

Molly stood up, walking towards the bars. This was not looking good. Her heart was racing and her mouth was becoming dry. Why had she left her wand in her room? "HEY!" she called out, gripping the bars tightly in her small hands. "LET US OUT!" She knew it probably wouldn't do any good, but she'd try anyway.
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Ed opened his eyes and his brow instantly furrowed when he saw that he was somewhere unfamiliar. He assumed he was still in Hogwarts, but by the absence of hardly any lighting and the damp smell, it looked like he was in the dungeon. How the hell did I get here? he thought. Last he remembered, he was at the ball, happy that everyone was having a good time. The sound of yelling instantly assaulted him, making his head ring. He winced as he turned to his left. A girl was yelling out the door, which seemed to be locked. He reached for his wand, but it was no longer in his pocket. Oh man. This is bad. This is really bad. He noticed that there was another girl in here too, but she was still unconscious. He turned to the first one he had spotted and cleared his throat. "Um...hi, there," he said, feeling a bit nervous at not knowing who she was. Damn these masks. But he tried to appear calm, for the girl's sake. "Listen, I know we're...in a jam here, but I think the least we can do right now is dispel the enchantment on these masks by telling each other who we are. That's how these things work, right? I've never worn these before." He flicked at his own mask with his thumb.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Molly turned around when she heard someone clear their throat. It was the older male, dressed in some odd costume she couldn't exactly place, not that she particularly cared at the moment. She had other pressing issues on her mind. When he spoke, she couldn't help but just stare at him, blinking slowly. Molly let out a somewhat bitter laugh. "In a jam? Yeah, I'd definitely say we're in a bit of a jam." She didn't necessarily mean to be rude, but she was incredibly worried and fearful at the moment. Were there others? Where were her friends? Her uncle John? Peter?

Molly let out a sigh, pressing her thumb to her forehead as she closed her eyes for a moment. When she opened them, she looked back at the man, whom she was assuming was a professor. She nodded her head slightly. Yes, perhaps they should dispel the enchantment. Moll walked forward a bit, wincing. She leaned down to remove her sparkling red heels - no point in wearing them in here. "Molly Guinevere Starkey," she finally spoke as she threw her shoes in the corner.
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:04 pm

The girl's voice was a bit harsh, but Ed understood why. He was surprised he wasn't screaming and running around in circles at this point, to be perfectly honest. Being brave was never a strong point with him, as was shown when Aileen had attacked him. But, he had to take charge here. He was a professor, after all. It was his job to look after his students, and the last thing he wanted as to let them down. "Starkey?" he repeated, the name sounding familiar. It only took him a second to remember why. "Oh, of course! I'm Edward Once-ler. I'm a friend of your uncle's, John Smith. We were friends back in our school days." What were the odds that he would end up with John's niece? Despite the situation, it actually comforted him a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Molly watched him for a moment. Edward Once-ler, the astronomy teacher; the musically inclined one. Molly eased herself down on the ground once more, flattening out the short skirt of her dress. So, he was friends with her uncle... that only made her worry grow, her uncle. Oh, she really hoped John was okay. He was one of the last remaining family she had left. Her grandmother - who was losing her mind and about to be admitted into an old folks home, her uncle, and her cousin, Peter. That was all and if anything happened, she wasn't sure she'd be able to cope. "Was he just as insane as he is today?" Molly asked, attempting to make as light of the situation as she could - though her voice was not as full of amusement as it normally was.
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Ed laughed. "Kind of, but I was kinda nuts along with him, so I didn't mind," he replied. "I was always strumming away on my guitar or trying to avoid bullies. Being a beanpole kind of made me an easy target. But John was always there for me, so it wasn't too bad." At least Molly was still calm, only showing a little bit of the anxiety that Ed was sure she was feeling. "Listen, I know things are a bit...bleak, right now, but I'm sure whoever's got us down here can't keep us here forever," he tried to assure her. "Dumbledore will probably have anyone who's left search this place up and down. They have to get here eventually." At least, that was Ed's hopeful thinking. But anyone finding them could take hours. And he wasn't sure how long they could last down here.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Molly let out a small snort and bobbed her head. "Well, he's always there for people who need it." He was always there for her, that was for sure. Even though she hadn't witnessed her parents' death, she had nightmares about them and John would stay up with her, if he was nearby, and comfort her. He was one of the few people who could get her to calm down.

Moll glance up at Edward, her stare becoming a small glare. "Exactly," she hissed slightly. "They can't keep us down here forever; who's to say they won't kill us? Eventually might not be soon enough..." She trailed off, glancing back at the door. She had come close to death twice this year; she really did not want to make it a third time. Moll's hands balled up into fists. Death seemed to be her best friend, following her wherever she went. She just hoped he decided to stay home today.
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Ed nodded. "That he has." Whether it was bullies or family problems that Ed was having trouble with, John was always there to comfort him. He and Greta seemed to be the only people who could do that. A selfish part of him almost wished that one of them were here right now, to help assure himself that everything was going to be alright. It was hard doing it himself. "I'm not going to let them," he said simply, finding himself sure of that before he even said it. "As a teacher, I'm supposed to make sure that my students are safe...even at my own expense." He glanced at the door, wondering if someone would show up to kill them at all. But if someone did, he was going to be sure to protect Molly and the other girl as best he could. If someone wanted to get to them, they would have to climb over his dead body.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Molly tugged her hair out of her pigtails, letting it loose as it felt better that way - less tension. She ran her fingers through it, just kind of giving her something to do; something to keep her hands idle. Moll looked at the floor, nodding slightly. That was very noble of him, but she would never allow herself to let that happen. No one would die for her; she would not have that. "So what do we do now, Professor?" She questioned, looking up at him. She didn't exactly expect him to have an answer, she just didn't know what else to say or do. Who knew how long they'd be down here... how long before they were either found or killed.
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Ed bit his lip as he tried to come up with some kind of answer that wasn't "Well, let's just twiddle our thumbs until someone finds us." Just sitting around didn't seem like a very good thing to suggest at the moment. But he had no ideas on how they could get out. If the door was locked with magic, then they had no chance of getting out. But looking for a way out sounded better than doing nothing. "Well, we can try examining this door and see if maybe there's some way we can get it open," he said. He glanced at the door handle, idly turning it. "I don't know if a hairpin can pick a magical lock, but if you have one, it might be worth a try."
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Yeah, Molly thought, or someone comes to kill us. Sure, she was being a little cynical, even in thought, but she couldn't help it. She had been in such a mood for a little while now. So much had happened to her that it was becoming very hard to have a positive outlook on anything, which she had once been so notable for. She almost wished she could go back and be that person again, but who knew after this situation.

Moll glanced over at the door. She bit her lip and shook her head. "No, I don't have any pins... just hair-ties." She studied it, if only she had had her wand. Molly stood up and followed over to the door, leaning against the wall next to it. "We can try and hack it apart with my heels," she motioned towards the heels she had thrown into the corner, "but I doubt they'd do anything. We're trapped."
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Ed shrugged. "Any chance is better than none," he said, trying to be optimistic. He took one of Molly's shoes and jiggled the heel against the lock, trying to see if he could pry it open. "Come on, you stupid thing," he muttered, pushing down harder with his hand. But no matter how much he pushed and pulled, the lock still stayed in place. He sighed as he pulled the shoe out, who's heel was a bit dented from all his prying. "Oops, sorry," he said. "Hope I didn't ruin it."
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Molly simply watched Professor Once-ler try and pry the door open with her shoe. It was kind of amusing, even in the dimness of the situation. She let out a small laugh at the dented shoe. "Don't worry about Ed," because Molly wasn't about to care about formalities right now. "It's just a shoe, but, if it makes you feel better, you owe me a new one when we get out." It was one of those things people said, with the small hope that they might make it out, but with all the intentions that they wouldn't.

Molly sighed and moved away from the door, finding it pointless to try anymore. She sat down on one of the mattresses and placed her chin in the palm of her hand. "Looks like we're going to be here for a while." Nothing had been announced; whoever had them trapped wasn't doing anything yet. They were stuck here for the time being. The three of them, though the other girl was still passed out.
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Ed laughed a little. "I'll be sure to do that," he said. He was willing to accept any motivators at this point. Wanting to live so he could get Molly a new pair of shoes was as good as any reason. "Yeah, seems like it," he said as he glanced at the door again, almost as if someone would appear just because he was looking at it. Of course, nothing happened. Sighing, he went to sit on one of the other mattresses. His hands clasped together, wishing he had his guitar with him. He was sure he could make time pass by a little faster if he could play a tune or two.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:09 am

Molly let out the smallest of sighs. Maybe all they could do is twiddle their thumbs. It was the waiting that really killed Molly and the unknown amount of how long the wait would be. If they were going to kill them, they should just get it over with. "So..." Molly drawled out, really not liking the silence. "You like astronomy and music, right?" Obviously, he was the astronomy professor; the music part, she had learned through the grapevine, so who knew if it was true or not.
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 am

"Yeah, that...pretty much sums up my interests right there," Ed said, giving a little chuckle. "I was hoping to try and start a music club after the ball, but...after all this, I don't know if anyone will really be in the mood for music." No doubt the students would be freaking out and the teachers would be trying to figure out who was behind all this. Ed didn't know if this was the work of Death Eaters or not, but hey, anything seemed possible at this point.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:50 pm

Molly smiled a bit before shrugging. "I don't know; I think after this, a music club might be good for people. Give them some sort of normalcy, somewhere safe to come together. Plus, music tends to calm people down so-" Molly shrugged once more. She enjoyed music herself, used to play the piano and sing a bit when she was younger. She stopped when her parents died, unless she was alone. "I've actually been wanting to start a drama club, just need a teacher to help sponsor... maybe I can force Uncle John to do it; he's theatrical enough." Molly let out a small snort. That was... if he was okay, which she hoped desperately that he was.
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Ed pursed his lips in thought. He hadn't considered that. Molly did have a good point. "Hmm, we'll see, I guess," he said. "I guess it depends on how many people feel up to it after this." Or, he thought, if he felt up to this. Who knew what would happen to him and Molly while they were in here. He still remembered getting hit with the Cruciatus Curse. It never failed to give him goosebumps whenever he thought about it. He brightened up a bit though when Molly mentioned a drama club. "A drama club? That sounds awesome!" Despite the situation they were in, he still felt enough like himself to get excited. "Who knows, if I get my music club started, our groups can always collaborate during musicals and stuff." Music and theater did tend to go hand in hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.   I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. Empty

Back to top Go down

I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Alternate Universe :: Hogwarts Castle :: Lower Floors :: Dungeons :: Collapsed Dungeons :: Cell Ten-
Jump to: