Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff

Go down 
+3
Molly Starkey
Grace Wang
Emily Castle
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff Empty
PostSubject: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:38 am

Eli leaned on his desk or more sat on it than anything. His eyes were shut as thought fluttered into his mind. A new year, a new class. He was so happy to get Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors. Slytherins were a disgrace to humanity (for the most part) with their bigoted ideas of blood type. Almost as bad as the country he came from. Ravenclaws were no better, they'd sooner leave you in the dust for someone smarter than bothering to help you. He was here to teach, not to stop arguments between houses.

The man opened his red eyes, they were more rust colored at the moment. She placed a soft, sad smile on his lips as he waited for his first class. Today would be orientation. No work. He needed ground rules before anything started.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:07 am

Maggie walked in class. She noticed she was the first one to arrive. She took a seat in the back of the class, starting to wait on other students to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:32 am

Emily entered the classroom shyly, as like she did every first class on the year... She saw the professor on his table, and looked around the class to see if she knew somebody around... Maggie was in the back of the class, and she wanted to sit next to her... But she just waved to her friend, and took a seat on one of the first tables... She really wanted to cause a good impression on the teacher, then she took away the potions book from her bag, and started reading...
She sighed seeing that it looked like chemistry, and she was bad on that matter... Then she glanced over the teacher, hoping he would be patient with her...

She tilted her head, a frowned a bit, looking curiosly to him...'Were those red eyes?' She thought intrigued.
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:48 am

oops accidental comment plz ignore...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:50 am

Eli pushed himself off the desk, looking at the black haired girl that was reading a book. The red head seemed to space off, with a sigh he moved to try to speak with the blue eyed child who was seriously trying to understand the book.

Proactive? He thought to himself, he gave her a nod of approval.

"Since it's just us, Miss Castle, mind putting the book away and talking to me. It seems your fellow classmates aren't in a rush to get to class." There was mirth laced in his voice as he grabbed a stool and sat in front of Emily.

"So, it's your first year here. How are you taking it all in?" It was early in the school year, but he wanted to get to know the newer students. Perhaps be there if they needed help. Emily had clearly not understood the books in front of her and he was here to help in whatever way she needed.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:03 am

Molly sauntered into class. Potions wasn't her favorite class, but there were others she hated more. She was good at potions, it just wasn't one of her specialties. She was more of the cast a spell and make something happen kind of girl, but she managed to get through potions rather well.

Looking around, Molly noticed she was the only Gryffindor in here so far. There was a red headed girl that Molly was unsure of whether or not she had met her and then there was Emily. A small smile appeared on her face. She liked the girl; she was sweet and not too much unlike herself.

Molly made her way over to Emily and sat down. She didn't greet her, though, for the professor was talking to her - no need to interrupt that. In the meantime, she got what she needed for the class out. Moll glanced up at the teacher, really looking at him for the first. - surprised by how young he looked, and how good looking he actually was. Hmn she thought, let's see how many fan girls he'll get today.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:09 am

Her curiosity could be a problem in many situations, and she realized that staring the professor that way was very rude from her. So she turned back to the book, and really tried to understand the intricated potions described on that pages...

She was very concentrate on reading the Fungiface Potion, that she jumped into her seat as she heard the teacher talking to her. 'Geez, he's talking to me...'
Emily closed her book, and put it to her side, smiling sweetly to the teacher. ''That's no problem.... Prof Ezra.'' She glanced briefly to her schedule, just to said the teacher's name correctly.

''I-It's great, Prof Ezra. I've made many good friends, and my best friend from my home town is in here too, and we share the same room.'' She said smiling brightly to the teacher. He was very handsome, but those red eyes were very intriguing, and she bit her tongue to not make any rude question about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:15 am

"That's great." Eli chuckled, relaxing in his chair. He gave a nod to Molly as she walked in.

"Good Morning, Miss Starkey. I'm glad you could make it today." Eli said with an edge of happiness. Today was one of his better days, he felt happy. Glad to be alive. These days weren't common, but he wished they were.

"Oh, having friends that come from home is fun. I remember my childhood. Friends were great to have, teaming up for pranks on the older kids had been enjoyable. Though, they never truly appreciated the art." He chuckled taking his hand and drummed it on his leg.

I really need to get a new book. I wonder if I can find Alice in Wonderland here. He mused in his thoughts. Today was not going to be a lesson day. He had an idea. He stood up from the stood and moved to the board to write.

'No Lesson Today. Today is Orientation.'

Eli gave a smirk, pleased with himself. It had been difficult to learn three different languages without mixing them today. The Fire Bender turned and walked back to his seat looking at the two of them.

"So, mind telling me about yourselves? I haven't taught either one of you before."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:26 am

Waycca walked in, wincing when she saw that the class seemed to have begun already. This being her favorite class, she didn't want to miss anything particularly interesting. She chose a seat at random, hoping the young-looking professor didn't notice her tardiness. She tried to make as little noise as possible as she stored her things under her seat and rested her elbows on the tabletop.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:27 am

Emily smiled to Molly when she came inside and sat next to her... Then she turned back to the hadsome teacher, and her eyes got brighter when he spoke about teaming up and pranking on older kids... ''I do the same... I mean, teaming and doing pranks on other... but the ones we know that deserved it.''

She felt her cheeks getting red, and she got glad when the teacher stood up, and went to the board

'No Lesson Today. Today is Orientation.'

Now, Emily liked the teacher even more, and she kept her book into her bag happily... She turned to Molly, smiling excited... ''He's such a nice teacher, isn't he??''

''Mmmh.. what exactly do you want to know??'' She turned to the teacher, smilling sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:35 am

"G'morning, Professor Ezra," Molly nodded slightly, a small smile forming on her face. She discretely looked him up and down, assessing him a little more now. She wondered how young he really was. She let out a small, silent sigh. She'd admire from afar, obviously, he was a teacher. "Yes, well, no point in skipping the first day now, is there?" She mused.

Molly smirked down at Emily. "Yes, definitely very nice," She chuckled a bit.

Molly then pursed her lips once more. He wanted to know more about them. Well Merlin, what could Molly tell him? "Mm, well, I'm on the Quidditch team - so if you wouldn't mind not giving me a detention during days I have practice, that'd be great," Molly smirked. Yes, she was going to like having this class. "I also can't promise I won't blow anything up - be it on purpose or not." Molly wasn't going to lie, she probably would blow something up on purpose.

Molly leaned forward a bit, resting her arms on the desk. She wasn't sure what else to say about herself, nothing that truly mattered to a teacher anyway. "I guess that's really all that I can think of." She shrugged.

[okay screw the awkwardness of the name, Molly's crushing on him because I love Mako too much. >3>]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:41 am

(( I'm converting you to my Religion <3 xD ALL HAIL MAKO. ))

Eli gave a wave to the new person as they walked in. He stood up from his stood to sit on his desk.

"Well, don't worry about blowing things up. I'm here to teach and to help. If you blow something up, it's part of the learning process. Though, you will have to clean it up..." Eli paused for a moment, thinking of something in his mind.

"Well, I guess I don't really give detentions unless there is teasing or foul play with projects. I'm pretty lenient with rules. I want you to learn and have fun, trust me, learning Potions was one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life. I'm not patient enough for some of them." He chuckled out, a small fire flickered from his finger. He controlled it to dance through his fingers before sighing out.

"Seriously, it's the first day of class and there is only five people here? I'm so ashamed!"
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:43 am

Grace swept into the room and looked around, "dammit class already started!" she thought to herself and sat down in a chair closest to the front. Then she saw that the board read "No lesson today. Today is orientation." and she groaned to herself, professors never seemed to like it when she only attended a class for like, five minutes, even if she had someone to go, like outside, or... her bed. She tried to inconspicuously stand up.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:56 am

Emily kept quietly listening to Molly and and the teacher, she was glad he was pacient and lenient, and her smile grew a bit more...

''Mhh.. It's my first year in Hogwarts, I'm muggle born, and I'm really enjoying this whole new world I found myself in...'' She stopped a little, trying to bring more things about her... ''I don't know what matter I'm better or worse, but I have a slight impression that I'll do much mess on the potions like Molly, but if you will patient I think I'll get very well on your classes.'' She finished smiling softly

Her eyes got slightly widened when she saw the fire on his fingers.... ''So your eyes are red because you control fire!!'' She exclamed, before thinking, and put her both hands on her mouth, blushing furiously as she realized what she had just said.

Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:07 am

[/bows]

"That's very good to know," Molly smirked, letting out a small chuckle. Now she knew which class she'd have the most fun in; the one she'd be least likely to get a detention. Though, she couldn't say she'd mind having a detention with Professor Ezra. Her eyes widened a little bit as fire appeared from one of his fingers. Her mouth opened slightly.

"Whoa! Wait a minute, my friend Zuko can do that," Molly smiled a bit, pointing at the flame. It was quite a cool bit of magic. Molly was actually a bit jealous of it, as long as she didn't get burned, fire was so much fun to play with. Molly leaned back, sitting up straight, and cocked her head to the side - her bangs falling in her face. "That's quite impressive, Professor Ezra," she smirked once more.

She giggled slightly at Emily; she was just so cute! "Well, hopefully mine are intentional," Molly shrugged about the comment about messes. She grinned and let out another soft chuckle.

She then shrugged. "I'm sure people will start filling in," she hoped Nani and Evie would be coming in soon; they were her best friends after all. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed another Gryffindor girl who had stood up discretely. Leaving already? Even I wouldn't do that, Molly thought to herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:22 am

"Zuko? As in Mr. Ryuu correct?" Eli blinked, giving a sad smile.

"He and I come from similar areas, though he was far more better off than I." This wasn't a spill your life story day, so he wouldn't continue on the track of his mental thought.

"Miss Wang, where do you think you're sneaking off to? Where's your honor? Sit and enjoy the class, heck it's day one. I'll let you sleep for today only. At least until people start coming in." He remembered being a student, the schedules where rough so he'd give them a break. The first day was always the longest and the most tiring.

"And yes, my eyes turn different shades of red because my blood allows me to perform wandless magic. My people are called benders... My brother had green eyes, I assume he... he could bend rock and my teammate had sea blue eyes and bent water... so yes, a nice little catch their Ms. Castle. 10 points for Hufflepuff." Eli shut his eyes, he could really like this class.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:37 am

Emily still felt embaressed at her last comment. She could spill many inopportune comments, and she had the slight impression she had did one about his eyes...
But Molly's giggles made her feel a little better, and she got more comfortable as Prof Ezra started talking about what she bring up...

She couldn't believe her ears when the professor claimed 10 points for her house, just because at her remark. If she was alone, she could do a weird dance in celebration. Instead she smiled brightly to the teacher and said... ''Thanks Prof Ezra!'' Then she turned to Molly and said ''Moses will be so proud when I tell him about the points!'' She said cheerfully to the redhead. Emily had the impression that Potions will become one of her favorite matter at school.
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:40 am

Grace grimaced at the professor's words and sat back down. She leaned back in her seat and started to put her hair up in a bun, she picked up bits of the conversation and realized that they were talking about benders.

Grace looked up and said, "I know a pair of water benders in my hometown. They don't need wands either, they said its because their blood was sacred and only a few people were gifted to be a bender."
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:51 am

"Yeah, that's him," Molly smiled; her smile faltered, but only subtly. She didn't know much about Zuko's home life, just that he had been really close to Peter since he was young. She decided not to question - definitely not something to bring up with a teacher, not in class anyway.

Molly was rather amused when the other girl got caught - Miss Wang, as Professor Ezra called her - though she hid it very well. Benders, as the conversation continued on, were pretty impressive - or at least, from the ones she had seen. It was quite amazing.

Molly looked down at Emily with a big smile. "I'm sure he will be," Molly told her, "are these your first points?" She asked. She suspected, if Emily was learning from Moses and had influences like him and even Molly, that she'd be loosing more points then she gained from pranks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:05 pm

"Few people are benders... which is why where I come from they're bought and sold as property." Eli muttered out, a bit of an edge to his voice.

"Nothing more than weapons, it's disgusting." Eli had out grown his need to perform in the arenas. His horizons had been broadened. There was no need to keep going on his train of thought. He didn't need to start thinking about her again.

He watched the topic of conversation change to Emily and her point gaining ability. Or lack there of, Eli just shook his head and looked out the window. By God, he hated Potions.
Back to top Go down
Akasha Wynters

Akasha Wynters

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Akasha peek into the Potions classroom, cursing silently that class had already started. She walked in silently, her hood covering her face slightly. She sat down at a desk near the middle of the room. She placed her bag on the table, and sat at the desk, her eyes looking up breifly at the board.

When she saw the teacher, she did a double take. The first thought to enter her mind was, 'Jayden would like him.'. She was glad it was just orientation , she didn't feel like dealing with potions today. Putting protective spells on her hair gets annoying after bit.

She pulled her hood down to let her hair out, and put her head on her arms, though still paying attention to the three people talking.
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:18 pm

The benders topic became duller as people talked until Professor Eli made it super awkward with all his slave trade drama so Grace zoned out for a bit.

Grace looked up to see Akasha walk in and noticed how she analyzed the professor carefully. "Either she's gonna try to get in his pants or drink his blood." she thought.

The topic changed to something stupid about little Ms. Emily getting praise from Moses and yadayadayada.... Grace noticed even the teacher was bored by this conversation so Grace said loudly, "What are you going to orientate?" she ended sarcastically, "because I see no point sitting through the class time talking about Emily's points and Moses and other crap." She suspected she would get hell for the use of the word crap, but hey, she had to get her point across somehow.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Molly pursed her lips; the conversation definitely went downhill. She hadn't been expecting that; she hadn't even known that about benders. Perhaps she should educate herself a little more on the topic. "I'm sorry to hear that," Molly said in a quiet tone, studying Professor Ezra.

Molly's attention was broken slightly by the new arrival. She knew the girl, Akasha she believed her name to be, but she hadn't actually talked with her (or officially met her for that matter). Maybe she should do that one of these days; she looked like the kind of girl that Molly would get along with for the most part. Maybe after class she'd introduce her. Plus, she had fascinating hair!

Speaking of hair, Molly pushed her bangs out of her face. She had her hair up as she normally did, up in a puff of a ponytail, tied back with her own hair. It was actually a bit of a pain to do, but that's how she liked her hair to be done. Moll let out a sigh, her mood having been dampened a bit, and leaned forward once more, resting her chin in her hands.

Molly's head snapped up as Miss Wang - what exactly was her first name? - stood up and complained. Moll crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes a bit. She couldn't help but thinking her to be incredibly rude. "There are hardly enough people here for the class to begin," Molly stated with a half shrug. "Maybe you should just calm down a little?" She suggested, raising one of her eyebrows.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:29 pm

''Yes, they are my first!'' Emily said enthusiastic to Molly. She hoped that she'll gain more points to her house, and prayed for not been caught on her noctunal adventures, or else the balance would be negative for her side... Then the topic about the benders caught her attention, and her smile faded hearing that they were sold like propertie...

''This is so medieval, I mean, people shouldn't be sold these days... It's so unfair and cruel...'' She trailed off when she saw the whitehead entering the room, she caught Emily's curiosity before, and she followed her with the corner of her eyes...

But when the other one talked about her and her dearest mentor that way, Emily turned back on her seat, narrowing her eyes slightly... ''Well, prof Ezra asked about ourselves, and how we're in the school.. If you don't like the topic, how about starting a new one??'' She said teasing a bit. It seemed that girl didn't know about her, or what Moses was involved into, and Emily considered turning the gryffindor girl her next target on pranks,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:35 pm

"Maybe you shouldn't second guess a teacher, Miss Wang. It's rude and completely unfriendly. I offered you nap time and you've declined it. You're choice, not mine. But you will sit in this classroom and pretend to enjoy it or you will spend your afternoons with Filtch, do you understand me? Plus as Miss Starkey said there isn't enough people. I cannot start without the required amount." Eli said, snapping his head back to talk to her. His eyes moved to a woman, he had no right to call her a girl, moved into his room.

"Oh, nice of you to join us, Miss Wynters. I'm sure you found the classroom easily enough?" He teased, with a hint of amusement in his voice. People being late bothered him, but some were new to the school and had issues finding their way around. He'd give them the benefit of the doubt since it was their first day, but tomorrow he wouldn't be so generous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff   Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Potions Class Day One: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next