Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"You were just... staring." {JohnVans for SHAE}

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

"You were just... staring." {JohnVans for SHAE} Empty
PostSubject: "You were just... staring." {JohnVans for SHAE}   "You were just... staring." {JohnVans for SHAE} EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:28 pm

John let out a loud, slightly over exaggerated yawn as he stretched out in his bed, small cracks emanating from his body which only made him feel older. When did a person start to realize this? He was still so young, but the wears of time were really starting to bear down on him. John let out a sigh; he wasn't particularly looking forward to getting up, but alas, he had a morning class and needed to get up to teach it.

Figuring it was best not to put off the inevitable, John pulled the sheets back and swung his legs over the side of the bed. Groggily, he stood up and pushed his sweating hair out of his face. He had a problem of sweating in bed - he'd get really, really hot during the night. He was practically his own heater and everyone else's. When Peter was still younger and it would be winter, he'd curl up in bed with his father because he was probably the warmest thing in the house next to the log fire that they kept in the fireplace nearby. Continuing to wipe the small beads of sweat from his forehead, John realized he really needed to take a shower. It was necessary. He felt disgusting. A cold shower would definitely help; it would help him wake up among other things.

John rooted through his closet for a moment, trying to find a clean set of clothing. Once he did, he placed them haphazardly onto his bed and made way for the small bathroom that was joined to his equally small bedroom. Professor's didn't really get the best accommodations, but he couldn't really complain; he loved his living space regardless of its size. It was quaint.

Once in the bathroom, John lazily made way for the shower. He turned the cold knob and waited for a moment before undressing out of his nightwear. He stepped into the shower and took in a sharp intake of breath; the water was really cold, but at least he was now awake. He waited a moment to catch his breath before going through the mundane routine of cleaning himself. He hardly paid any attention to it, as he did with most things. His mind was in the clouds as always.

About fifteen minutes later, John climbed out of the shower and wrapped his towel hastily around his waist before returning to his bedroom. His wet hair mopped slightly to the side and the small droplets of water fell down his chest. John wasn't exactly toned or anything, no defined abs, but he was still in relatively good shape. He was not unattractive, is what it really came down to.

First, John placed on his boxer shorts and then his brown pants. Before putting his shirt on, he bent over and ruffled his hair with the towel that once occupied his waist.

Vanessa, being a ghost, hardly had reason for knocking. It took too much effort, and she wasn't coming in through the door anyway. It was a pointless thing; however, perhaps she should have. She had been waiting impatiently for John to wake up, but he was taking too long, making him a bit late. Annoyed, she slipped easily through the gray stone wall, but quickly came to a halt. There was John, bent over away from her, drying his hair.

When he stood up, an opaque blush appeared on her face. He was shirtless. Had she seen him shirtless before? She couldn't remember... actually, she couldn't quite at all at the moment.

When John turned around, he couldn't help but freeze for a moment when he saw Vanessa floating before him. The towel slid off of his head and he broke his trance just in time to catch it. He cleared his throat and glanced back at Vanessa. "Ehm, Corvus, good morning," he greeted her, though he was clearly put off guard by her being in his room. It wasn't as if he didn't like it... he just wasn't used to it so much; not this early, and not when he was half naked. To be honest, he thought it was a little awkward, but it was obviously awkward for both parties. John tried not to shuffle around too much as he placed the towel down and reached for his shirt. He felt as if he needed, or at least should, cover up.

"You were taking too long," Vanessa said bluntly, trying to justify her barging in by blaming it easily on John. She would reveal nothing to him; he already knew so much and was already up to par on figuring out her emotions. She didn't need to make it any more easy for him than it already was.

John blinked for a moment, putting his damp arms into the sleeves. As hard as Vanessa was trying not to, John could see her eyes travel to his bare chest peeking through his open shirt. He tried to bite back the smirk as he buttoned up his shirt, but it was to no avail. "What're you smirking at?" Vanessa asked defensively.

"Nothing, Nessa, you were just... staring," John boldly stated, the smirk still present on his face. This statement could very well lead him into some sort of trouble, but he'd push the boundaries in any small way he could. Luckily for him, Vanessa seemed to fluster a bit.

"I-I was not!" Vanessa exclaimed. She began looking around the room in hopes of finding something hard and maybe sharp to throw at him. John let out a small chuckle and held his hands up rather defensively; his shirt buttoned up completely now.

"Okay, okay. I must have been mistaken; I'm very tired this morning," he made up the lame excuse, though they both knew that he had been right - not that Vanessa would admit it. She didn't like to admit things.

"Whatever, I'll be outside. Hurry up." She mumbled before turning around and disappearing through the wall. It only took John about ten minutes to finish getting dressed, and he exited his room into the empty classroom that it was joined with. Empty all except for Vanessa, who was having "fun" tearing the pages out of one of the Transfiguration text books, out of sheer boredom. John made an audible "tsk-ing" noise and Vanessa turned her head towards him. Lazily, she threw the book to the ground, into the pile of pages.

They stared at each other for a minute before Vanessa raised her eyebrows. "Well, clean it up," she smirked. She knew he occasionally had an aversion to simply repairing or cleaning things up via magic and so she played off of this often. John let out a sigh and waved his wand, repairing the text book and flying it back to its home on the shelf.

"Really now, Vanessa, you're older than I am. Shouldn't you start acting like it?" He teased lightly, a light smirk playing across his face. She simply stuck her tongue out at him. John couldn't help but chuckle once more and shake his head as he made his way over the desk.

Vanessa hovered over it, leaning forward slightly with a smirk on her face. John raised an eyebrow in question as she picked up another book and slowly ripped out another page and another and another as John just stood there watching. She moved closer with each rip of a page until their noses were only an inch away from each others.

"Are you having fun?" John questioned her, his voice in a slight whisper. Vanessa smirked, holding back a small blush.

"Yes, I am." She told him, using the same tone of voice in an attempt to mock him. If she were a solid, human being, John probably would have brought his hands up to her face and pulled her lips to meet his in a passionate kiss, but alas, he was unable to do so and had to leave such thoughts to the imagination. However, the tension was still there and John could feel his heart race increasing steadily.

The two were silent for a moment until the door swung open and a high pitched voice from a first year Hufflepuff broke the silence. John jumped and Vanessa quickly flew away from the professor. The young boy stopped for a moment, narrowing his eyes at the man he knew as his father. "Am I interrupting something, Dad?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow. John smiled and Vanessa looked away.

"No, of course not, Peter. You're, uh... you're here early. What can I do for you, son?" He questioned. The scene was broken; the mood was gone, but it wasn't a complete loss of the day. Tomorrow, Vanessa would try and move quicker in hopes to catch John in perhaps his underwear and then quicker yet to... well, you get the point. What use was it being a ghost if you couldn't exploit those kinds of things. And maybe, the earlier she got there, the more alone time they would have together, both dreaming of kisses that they might never encounter and touches that would never happen.

[At first, I tried to incorporate all of your suggestions Shae, but it didn't flow right. This seemed to a little better. :3 Though that last paragraph ended up being a bit sad... D: These two... so close, yet so far away from each other. I JUST NEED THEM TO KISS LIKE OMG. D< WHY?! WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE GHOSTANDHUMAN WHY CAN'T THEY JUST KISS ALREADY DAMMIT. ehm. Excuse my rant. xD Hope you like it darling. <3 I'll try to get to your post tomorrow or Sunday. Love ya~]
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: "You were just... staring." {JohnVans for SHAE}   "You were just... staring." {JohnVans for SHAE} EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:43 am

GHDIFSOAJIOHEUGEDSFDHAOjDIDFHUSFHOJDFDIFSHDIOSFJP
JGIDOFJOPSAJOEPDOANFSDNAKCTYIEORADHISOCASFDIOAHI

HELP

I'VE FALLEN AND CAN'T GET UP

I'LL COMMENT AGAIN WITH SOMETHING WORTHWHILE I SWEAR BUT FOR THE TIME BEING I'M JUST
DYING
FROM THE FEELS

IT'S PERFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECT

ALSO IS THIS THE FIRST TIME VANS/PETER MEET? /CACKLES
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: "You were just... staring." {JohnVans for SHAE}   "You were just... staring." {JohnVans for SHAE} EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 pm

I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT.
I WASN'T SURE HOW GOOD IT WAS.

Very Happy

LOL, YES! Oh, the awkwardness of this all. Can you just imagine what Peter's thinking? "My dad... is dating a ghost? Why can't I just have a normal family." xDD Nooo, he'd probably be fascinated with Vans. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "You were just... staring." {JohnVans for SHAE}   "You were just... staring." {JohnVans for SHAE} Empty

Back to top Go down

"You were just... staring." {JohnVans for SHAE}
Page 1 of 1