Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Professors Party: New Years Eve

Go down 
+6
Gwyneira Baines
John Smith
Jayden Andrada
Belle Mallery
Edward Once-ler
Minister of Magic
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Minister of Magic
Admin
Minister of Magic

The Professors Party: New Years Eve Empty
PostSubject: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:07 am

The Professors Party: New Years Eve.
Have fun with the countdown everybody and celebrating the New Year!
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsau.rpg-board.net
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:11 am

Ed almost felt like he was in his first year again, looking around everything with big eyes, seeing how much had things changed or were still the same. The hallways seemed smaller than usual. Or maybe that was just because he had gotten taller, or was a teacher now instead of a student. He didn't know. But he was excited as he made his way to the staff room, a place he had never seen as a student. "Ooo, fancy," he said as he walked inside. "I'll definitely be spending a lot of time here."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:44 am

Kris was still about sour over the ball but decided to go to the Staff party anyway. He might as well get a little socialization and meet his colleges. He walked into the room, flashing a beaming smile at the new Astronomy teacher. Edward... wasn't it?

"Hello, Edward. It seems like you're the only person to show up 'sides me. Hope you don't mind if I bother you."
Back to top Go down
Belle Mallery

Belle Mallery

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:52 am

Belle wondered how lively the staff party was going to get, if it was going to get lively at all. After all, everyone was old enough to drink alcohol. Then again, the teachers at Hogwarts were very respectable, and not as wild as the students. Maybe the afterparty would be a bit tame compared to who-knew-what the students were getting up to. But by the time she made her way to the staff room, there were only two other people there. "Oh. I guess I'm...early?" she said as she shut the door behind her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:05 am

Eli shyed away from large conglomerated celebrations. The ball... brought back memories he'd rather leave buried. He'd just decided to skip out on it all together and made his way to the Staff party. There he hoped would be a lot less people and hopefully a lot more reasonable. When he entered there were only three other people. Three people he could hands. 1000s of kids? No, there was no way in hell.

"Hello, all." He spoke smoothly, sliding into the room. He gave a warm smile to them, easing his way into the group.
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:10 am

Ah, this is more like it. Some more people were starting to arrive now. Ed always like big crowds, even though he usually stood out because of his height. But he was used to that. "Oh, hey. Kristopher, is it?" Ed had heard a few of the teachers' names when he had sought out a job here, but names weren't his specialty most times. Faces he could remember fine. Names took him a while. No doubt he would have to draw up a seating chart of sorts to learn his students' names, even if that was a bit noobish.
Back to top Go down
Belle Mallery

Belle Mallery

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:17 am

Kristopher and Ed were new to Belle. She didn't remember seeing them before. But new faces didn't bother her that much. She usually had the poise to introduce herself in a friendly way. But she was a bit grateful to see a familiar face enter the room. "Hi Jayden!" she said happily, smiling. "Where's Jayden? Is he running late?" Her excitement at the two getting together showed in her voice. What could she say? She loved romance of any kind, real or fictional.
Back to top Go down
Jayden Andrada

Jayden Andrada

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:22 am

Jayden walked into the Staff Room, slightly disappointed that he didn't see Eli at the ball. He was surprised at his lover's absence, but he assumed that it was simply because balls weren't Eli's thing. Something he couldn't blame the older man for, but that didn't make him less disappointed. He wanted to see how he would react to Jayden is drag, and maybe a comment on how pretty he looked. Oh,well. If he thought about it honestly, the reaction might not have been that great, which is why Jayden changed into a pair of dress pants, a white dress shirt and a waist coast. Formal, but not as extravagant.

Entering the room, he planted a smile on his face and greeted everyone in there. "Hey guys, happy New Year!" But when he saw Eli a real smile formed. He walked over to his lover, still smiling widely, "Eli! Happy New Year! Why weren't you at the ball, love?" He asked quickly. He hoped that the ball didn't put the other man in a bad mood, to the point that he wouldn't be able to enjoy New years properly.
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:01 pm

When John entered the staff room, there were already a handful of people there. He noticed Edward, talking to one of the Slytherin professors - who's name escaped him, Belle, one of the Gryffindor professors, and Jayden, he believed his name was. He hadn't interacted much with the professors here, which made him a bit unknowledgeable about their names... or what they taught.

John gave Ed a small wave, not wanting to interrupt whatever conversation he was having with the Slytherin man, and made his way to go find a drink. He always enjoyed having something in his hands that he could use when conversations turned south and things got awkward... which, surprisingly, happened quite often with John.
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:07 pm

Gwyneira walked into the staff room, afraid that her heels might be making too much noise. She would have changed, but she hadn't seen the fun in climbing all the way to her room in the Divination just to do so. Gwyneira sighed and slipped out of them, deciding it best to hold them instead of wearing them. She shrank a few inches, now at her normal height of five feet, five inches. She ran her hands through her bangs, in attempt to make them stay where they were supposed to be.

She glanced around, a bit awkwardly, not recognizing any of the people there. Perhaps she may have gone to school with them, but those that were here didn't seem like people she had gotten on with. A sigh of relief left her mouth, that meant no one would recognize her. That was such a weight off of her. Now, though, she'd probably have to socialize a little bit, but she wasn't sure who to approach first.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:38 pm

Miranda slipped quietly into the staff room. She hadn't stayed long at the ball. It was hard enough for her to be in such a crowded room. But, she figured she should attend the after party and socialize with her fellow teachers and staff.
She glanced around the room. She saw Belle, and Eli, and the teacher Belle had said was Jayden. And, John? She thought that was his name. They had met at a party at the beginning of the year.
Her eyes fell on another first-year teacher, a woman near her own age. She looked familiar, but there was something about her Miranda couldn't quite place. Her eyes lingered on the woman for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Gwyneira turned her head, having seen something out of the corner of her eye. Another teacher had entered the room, a woman around her age. There was something oddly familiar about her, but nothing enough to bother her... not really. Gwyneira took in a deep breath before putting on a small smile and approaching the woman.

"Hello," She greeted, "My name's... Adela Sinclair. I'm, quite obviously, new here, and you are?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. She didn't want to stand by herself, and just about everyone was already involved with talking with someone... she didn't want to interrupt. Plus, the woman looked nice enough.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Miranda smiled warmly at the dark-haired woman.
"Miranda Melgrove," she said cheerfully. "I'm the Care of Magical Creatures teacher. What's your subject?"

So many new teachers, so many new people. She remembered how hard it was to be new. Especially in a situation like this. She glanced sideways towards Belle but decided to engage with this new teacher.
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Neira smiled. "Well, it is very nice to meet you Miranda." The name had sounded slightly familiar, but if they were the same age it was bound to be. Though, there were so many in the school that it was impossible to tell if they knew each other... or even recognized each other. In any case, it was not Neira's concern at the moment.

"Oh, Care of Magical Creatures; that sounds interesting! I teach Divinations," she gave a light shrug. Most people often scoffed at her when she brought that up. They thought that Divinations was a pointless class that only crazy people took or at least believed in. For Neira, it was... her life. She was a seer, so she was tied very closely to the subject.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Miranda smiled. "It is my greatest passion. I am only lucky I get to do what I love," she said carelessly.
She saw her guard go up as she mentioned her subject and fought back a frown. But then it clicked. Most witches and wizards thought Divinations frivolous.
There was something familiar in the way the woman talked, a long lost memory.
"Is it something you love? Divination?" she asked with a warm smile.
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Neira let out a light laugh. Yes, she really was lucky. Gwyn hadn't been exactly sure what she wanted to be before all hell broke loose and she needed to run for her life. Being a Divinations Professor, though, seemed like a very logical and enjoyable thing. So, she figured she wouldn't exactly hate it here - especially if she was safe.

"Yes, I quite love Divinations; though, I also understand how most don't. I don't know, I got very high marks in the class..." Gwyneira trailed off for a moment, unsure if she should mention her special little power. It wasn't as if it would identify her immediately... there were a few witches and wizards who had the gift. Plus, it only made sense as most professor's of the subject had it. "And I'm a seer, not a very good one, but, yeah. I guess it's just natural for me to love the subject." She did feel a little bit antsy for bringing it up, but she was sure she was fine. It wasn't as if nobody would find out, her visions weren't exactly on a schedule... she could have one right this instant, for all she knew, and expose herself. Might as well say it before that happens. It'd be less frightening.
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Ed noticed quite a few more people coming in, teachers of all sorts. He was surprised that a lot of them seemed as young as him. He remembered most of his teachers when he was young being a bit...ancient. Maybe Dumbledore was getting a younger staff? He didn't know. He noticed John enter and give him a wave. He waved back and motioned for him to come over. No need to exclude him from the conversation. "Have you met John?" he asked Kristopher. "We were friends back when we were in school. Hufflepuff buddies, I guess you could say." He laughed.
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:34 pm

Having his drink in his hand, sipping it slightly to notice the strong alcoholic taste, he saw Ed wave him over. Awkwardly, as that was just the way he walked - much like a newborn giraffe, trying to walk for the very first time - he made his way over to the two professors. "Oh, hello there. Long time no see, Ed," He joked lightly before turning to the other professor. ""Ello, I'm John Smith. Unfortunately, I can't quite place your name, what was it?"
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:35 pm

"So long as we do what we love, we can't be made to feel bad about what we do. And when you have a gift for it," she shrugged. "What else are you supposed to do?"
Her poor brain was running round in circles, trying desperately to remember why this 'Adela Sinclair' looked so familiar.
"A seer?" her eyebrows rose quickly. She had only met one other seer in her lifetime. It was a rare and sometimes costly gift.
"I've only met one other seer before, a girl in school. She was a year older than me."
Something was clicking into place the harder she looked at the other professor.
Back to top Go down
Sachika Wamika

Sachika Wamika

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Chika had just walked in the room seeing everyone was chatting "Oh I guess I'm a.. bit late." she laughed nervously before taking her seat not really caring if anyone talked to her at all. Chika just wanted to be left alone, heck she didn't even wanna be here in the first place but it was better than staying at home crying about the past and not bothering to try finding the man who killed her family.
Back to top Go down
Belle Mallery

Belle Mallery

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Belle noticed somebody enter. She looked like a new teacher of sorts. Although it seemed like she really didn't want to talk to anyone. She just went to sit by herself. Maybe she was shy? Well, Belle could help with that, a bit. She smiled in a friendly way as she walked over to the woman. "Hey, we don't bite, honest," she joked, laughing. "Are you a new teacher here?"
Back to top Go down
Sachika Wamika

Sachika Wamika

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:42 pm

Sachika looked up at the brunette whom had a friendly smile to her face, it seemed like ages to see a smile on someone's face "Um Yes i am." she said kindly. "My name's Sachika. It's nice to meet you Miss.. Umm..." she placed her finger on her lip thinking she might have saw this girl before when she used to go to school here but might be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Belle Mallery

Belle Mallery

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:47 pm

"Ah, the first year teaching is always the roughest," Belle said, pulling up a chair to sit beside her. "Last year was my first. I nearly drove myself nuts. But once you learn the ropes and such, you'll be right as rain." She smiled. "Oh, I'm Belle. It's nice to meet you Sachika." Sachika seemed about her age. Maybe Belle had seen her once in her school days? Although it looked like Sachika belonged to Slytherin, so there was a good chance that Belle didn't know her.
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Neira chuckled. "Yes, I suppose you are right," she smiled. Gwyn watched as Miranda's eyebrows rose. Perhaps she had said too much, gone too far or something. When she mentioned having met another seer in her schooling years, Gwyn froze - but it was rather unnoticeable. She then raised her eyebrows as well and parted her lips curiously.

"Really, huh, how odd." Gwyn racked her brains, trying to think if she had ever met this woman. She hadn't been aware of any other seer during her years, though perhaps they hid it better than Gwyneira was able to. "I, uh, I didn't go here... so... haha, couldn't have been me," Gwyn lied, giving a light laugh. Perhaps she should say she had gone to Beauxbatons - she hadn't really thought about that part of her back story, and she didn't speak much French, though her mother had been French. Hopefully, it didn't seemed to rushed or forced. She didn't need to draw any suspicions to herself.
Back to top Go down
Sachika Wamika

Sachika Wamika

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:52 pm

"Are the students here bad as i keep hearing from other teachers speaking?" Chika questioned Belle as she heard and saw how the students was acting during the ball "I see they are still bringing alcohol in school and the students finding them." she laughed slightly remembering how she used to do that back in her younger days before she met her husband and had children. Sure she married young but she was in love. "Belle as in book worm Belle?" she asked remembering some of the kids called her that

Last edited by Sachika Wamika on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Professors Party: New Years Eve   The Professors Party: New Years Eve Empty

Back to top Go down

The Professors Party: New Years Eve
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next