Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lips red as the rose} open -END-

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 am

Miranda sighed deeply and looked up into Neira's soft gaze. Neira had been honest with her. Now it was her turn.

"Have you ever been in love Neira?...so completely and utterly in love that nothing else in the world matters? To the point where....he is the reason you get up in the morning...and the last thought before you fall asleep at night?"

Her lips curved in a small smile, as an echo of those emotions flitted through her chest. For a moment, she remembered. She closed her eyes allowing herself, for a moment, to be lost amongst those wonderful emotions. She took a deep breath, and a single tear rolled down her cheek. She grimaced slightly.

"You say five years and it sounds like so long ago, but it always feels as though it just happened." She opened her eyes. "Do you remember Tony Anderson? I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't. He was a few years older than us and a Hufflepuff. He was always so obsessed with muggle things." She chuckled softly, remembering his passion. "When I moved to the muggle world, we ran into one another, and he helped me figure out well...muggle things." the corner of her mouth turned upwards slightly. "I really was hopeless....I don't know what made me think I could make it on my own in the muggle world."

She twisted her hands even harder in her lap. It had been so long since she had told someone about this. "We fell in love and we got engaged. I couldn't wait to marry him." Her eyes watered slightly. "But...just a month before our wedding, he was murdered, by a death eater. I don't know by who, or why.----All I know is he's gone."

She hurriedly wiped at her overflowing eyes. So much time had passed, but the pain was just as fresh.
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:43 am

Gwyneira's took in a deep breath and glanced down. Yes, she had been in love and thinking about it made her heart constrict. She hadn't even left a note... she had just left. Still, Neira did not interrupt Miranda's story. This was her life and Neira had asked... plus, the less she talked about James it was possibly the better.

Gwyneira looked back up and shook her head. No, she hadn't remembered a Tony Anderson. She offered Miranda a soft smile and a very light chuckle. It sounded wonderful, the way they met up. Now it was Neira's turn to reach out and rest her hand upon Miranda's. At least with Neira, James was still alive out there, somewhere. If all of this was over, maybe she'd still be able to go out and find him. For Miranda, though, that wasn't even a possibility and that just about broke Gwyneira's heart.

"I'm sorry, Randa," Gwyneira said softly. She knew how hard it was to lose someone you love. "I'm so, very sorry. I can understand your pain." She wasn't going to say it got better with time, because that wasn't always the case. It got easier to bare with, yes, and the more time went by, the more a person would smile at the memories rather than cry.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:40 am

Miranda wiped away the tears and shrugged. Her voice still thick with emotion she said. "There's nothing to be done really...Like everyone says, I've just got to move on..."

That was all anyone ever said. Well, the few people who knew about Tony. It was certainly what Dean had said. He had been quite clear about this much pain not being normal. Sitka...knew and sympathized with her pain. but she didn't think he actually understood. She looked up into Neira's sad eyes. There was something there that showed Miranda maybe she really did understand...maybe...

"They say..." she said softly. "Time is the only thing that brings grieving hearts peace. I'm beginning to think they were lying. I see him everywhere."

Her mind suddenly registered Neira's reaction to her question about being in love. The deep breath, the glance down. And the constant touching of her ring finger. Yes. She knew exactly what she was talking about.

"But you know don't you...You know exactly what I'm talking about." Her eyes locked with Neira's, a pained intensity.
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:48 pm

"Yes, that is what they say, don't they?" Gwyneira sighed. Still, moving on was one of the most difficult things to be done. Gwyneira still hadn't moved on fully from when her father died. The only reason she could move on from her mother's death was because she had never met her mother.

"Time... eases the pain slightly, but no... it doesn't necessarily give grieving hearts peace," Neira agreed. Five years, though, that was hardly any time. Maybe when the gap was larger, she would finally be able to find some peace... but that was not now. Gwyneira was definitely caught off guard when she mentioned that she knew exactly what she was talking about.

Gwyneira held her eye contact for a few moments. "Of course, Miranda, my own father died; I know the pain of a grieving heart." But Gwyneira knew that wasn't what Miranda had meant. She let out a sigh and ran her hand through her short hair once more. "That's not what you meant... no... I know... I know exactly what you mean." She wasn't sure how she wanted to start this. How did she start talking about James?

"One of the towns that I was hiding in... I was in some trouble with some Death Eaters. I was so close to be killed, it still haunts me... but... but there was this guy... he saved me. He was a wizard too, attended Durmstang I believe. Anyway, he... he saved me and when I told him to leave me alone, he just wouldn't listen..." Gwyneira sighed, rubbing her forehead. "James. His name was James.

"We spent a month together before he proposed. After a while, I said yes. I saw no point in saying no. He was... my Prince Charming... my own Charming... really, one of the sweetest, most courageous men I think I have ever met," Gwyneira smiled. "A little while later, we had to leave... Jezebel was on my trail again and we had to move towns. A couple days after settling into our new residence I knew where this could lead. We would always be on the run. We'd never have a normal life and... he could... he could hurt or so much worse." Gwyneira sighed.

"James was always a heavy sleeper, so one morning... I got up, got my stuff... and I left," She said solemnly. "I just left. No note, no anything. I didn't want him to find me. I couldn't let him find me... and here I am." Gwyneira shrugged. That was her heartache love story. She didn't feel like it held a candle up to Miranda's, but she had still wanted to know. James wasn't dead, thank Merlin, but that didn't ease her troubled heart.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:39 am

Miranda squeezed Neira's hand tightly. There they sat, two young women who had lost loved ones. She wondered if it might even be worse...loving someone and knowing he was out there in just as much pain as you are. At least, Miranda knew Tony was safe and free from any pain.

"I'm sorry, Neira...that's a difficult choice to have to make." she said softly. She wanted to say something about him probably wanting to be with her no matter what, but it didn't seem to be the time. "James..." she said smiling. "James is a nice name. You can always tell a lot about a man by his name!" Her eyes twinkled.

She sighed and forced out a chuckle. "Look at us...sitting here grieving over our sordid love lives!" She ran a hand through her short, blonde hair.
"WE must look absolutely pathetic."

{sry for the short post! :/ crazy wkend. just wanted to get something down.}
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:14 am

Gwyneira gave a small sigh and nodded. "Yes, but it was the best choice I could have made..." there was no way she could have stayed with him. There would have been no normalcy in their relationship, no safety. It was one of the hardest decisions in her life. Maybe after everything was over, if all of this madness ended, then she'd be able to find him once again. Maybe he'd take her back with open arms and understand why she left him. Though, there were too many maybe's running around in her head and she hated to think of them too often.

Gwyneira smiled. "Yes, though I actually hardly ever called him that. Charming was what he was known to by me... he hated it, which was why I loved to use it," she chuckled, scratching her cheek as she recalled his reaction every time she used it. "I have a name you know?" "But yes... he was a really nice man. One of the best, I should think."

Gwyneira chuckled herself, leaning down in her chair as she ran her hands over her face. "We are so pathetic. Bah. We used to be fun, happy-go-lucky teenagers. Why, time, why did you have to change that," Neira sighed, throwing a small smile over to Miranda. She actually hadn't thought that she'd ever see her again after Hogwarts. It was amazing to be sitting next to her, catching up.

[it's okay hon, I understand~ <3]
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:51 pm

"We always do what we think is best for those around us," Miranda muttered. "No matter how much it hurts."

That was why she didn't tell anyone about her past. Once she did that, everyone seemed to change around her. Their lives would be darkened with knowledge of the shadow that still held sway over the wizarding world. She had done nearly the same thing Neira did, running away from everyone who might have helped her through her grief and fear. Until Dumbledore had yanked her out of her solitude. Maybe that's what Neira needed now...maybe the two of them needed to try and truly become a part of the school.

Miranda chuckled. "You really called him Charming??---That is so cute!!" She was giggling now. She covered her mouth with her fingertips, and tried desperately to stifle her laughter. "I'm sorry, Neira...It's all these emotions. I don't think my hormones know what to do with themselves! You'd think by 25, they'd have settled themselves down a bit!"

She took a deep breath, still smiling. "You bet we did! It was you and me against the world. Do you remember sneaking into the Forbidden Forest trying to catch a unicorn??" She shook her head. "That turned out well...." She said dryly, rolling her eyes. "Or, those nights we would spend hiding in the kitchens with the house elves just to avoid our peers!"

Neither of them could really stand being around their peers all the time. The condescension and ridicule grew too overwhelming. Miranda and Neira were....peculiar compared to their Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw counterparts. Neira due to her gift, and Miranda due to her obsession with creatures and the outdoors.
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Gwyneira nodded. That they did. She supposed it was only human to do things like such. She just hoped, prayed that James understood that, where ever he was. She hoped he was safe, that he was happy, and that he was living life instead of running for it, like she was.

Gwyn snorted, sinking down into her chair. She covered her face with her hands, a small blush forming on her face. "I did," she admitted, laughing a bit. "He hated it so much, at least when I first started. He then grew accustomed to it, since I used it every chance I could." Neira laughed, looking up at Miranda. "No, I'll bet they're just hitting their peak," she snorted.

"Okay, so we were more than happy-go-lucky teenagers... we were also stupid, stupid teenagers," Neira chuckled, shaking her head. That had been such a splendid idea, note the heavy sarcasm. "Oh, the kitchens! They ended up being one of my favorite places, my last two years." Neira smiled a bit. She had fond memories there, just not fond memories as to why she retreated there.

She still couldn't get over the fact how superficial people were and how easily they changed. Gwyn had been a rather popular, extremely smart, and happy girl. She got along with everyone, was on the quidditch team, and had lots of friends. Then she got her gift and people started to see her differently, as if she were some sort of freak with a contagious disease. All afraid to be near her because she was different or because they were afraid she'd prophesize their death or something. Teenagers could be so cruel.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:04 am

Miranda grinned. "Ya...we weren't the smartest of girls once we got together now were we? Though...." she cast a sidways glance at her old friend. "Before YOU came along I didn't get in half as much trouble!"

Unlike Neira, Miranda had been an outcast her whole life. Which was probably why it didn't bother her so much. Her father was eccentric and that set her apart from the others from the get-go. But she didn't mind. She knew what she loved in life. Her father and the creatures around her. She had spent many nights in the kitchens long before she brought Neira along to enjoy the peace. The house elves were always willing to listen to her tales and adventures in the forbidden forest. And they were there to comfort her when she was having a bad day. Sitka was the only other person who knew about her hiding place, and he had found out by accident...

"Oh goodness," Miranda said, suddenly realizing something. "Neira! You KNOW Sitka! Sitka Pelekai! He was in your year and a Hufflepuff. He was my closest friend through school. You remember don't you?"

[since Miranda's 25, and Neira 26. I spose they were a year apart.]
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:45 am

Neira snorted. "Yes, that would make a lot of sense. I suppose I was the trouble maker," Neira shook her head, laughing a bit. She was always the more outgoing one of the two and it wasn't hard to convince Miranda to do things - not in a bad way, just to actually have fun... and occasionally get in trouble.

Gwyn blinked at her, sitting up straight in her chair. Sitka Pelekai, she tapped her chin in thought. The last name did seem a bit familiar now that she thought about it. She tried to picture it in her head, and now that she did there was a vague memory of Miranda hanging out with a boy. "Hmn, perhaps I do... what did he look like again?" She was always much better with faces than she was with names. Perhaps if she could picture him, he'd be a little clearer.

[Yeah, that's what I was thinking
and sorry it's short. my brain is tired, haha]
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Miranda laughed. "That you were! But I loved it, it made our lives that much more interesting!!"

Miranda bit her lip in thought. "He's fairly tall, longer dark hair. A little bit of facial hair now, but I don't think he had any in school."
She paused trying to think of any other defining features. But then, she remembered. "Oh wait!" she siad eagerly. "I think I've got..." she started rummaging in her sleeves. "Aha!" She pulled out an old photograph. She never went anywhere without it. "Here," she sadid extendingthe picture. Like all magical photos, it was moving. "This is the two of us right before he left school."
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

"Recognize him?"
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:54 pm

"Good, because I quite enjoyed it myself," Gwyn chuckled softly. She really had. There had been no doubt that she was the more adventurous of the two, but that didn't mean that they didn't have fun. Miranda just had to be pushed a little bit.

"Hmn," Gwyneira looked up mindlessly, trying to picture him in her head. She was starting to put him together when Miranda pulled out a photograph. Gwyn leaned over to look at it and immediately remembered the boy - who she supposed was a man now.

"Oh yes, I do think I remember him. I didn't really interact with him, but I do remember you hanging out with him," Neira smiled before giving Miranda a sly look. "So this is him, huh? This is Sitka? This is the man you are possibly, maybe, not really sweet for?" She questioned, raising one of her eyebrows delicately.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 8:42 am

Miranda's face immediately flushed with heat. "No!" she immediately protested. "He's been my best friend since my first year," she sputtered. "And besides, like I said, he flirts with any woman who walks his way. He's not ready for a serious relationship." she paused and went quiet for a moment. "And I don't think I am yet either..."

That was mostly true. She did love Sitka, but mostly because he had been the only one who had tried so hard to reach her after Tony's death. And come on, what girl wouldn't love the guy who was there for her in the darkest of times. But...she didn't think she was IN love with Sitka. She didn't know if she was capable of being IN love anymore, or if she ever would be again.

"Sitka and I are just really good friends." she said slowly. "Besides, I don't have any time for that right now!" Her tone immediately grew lighter. "Teaching in THIS school is a 24/7 endeavaor!"
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Gwyneira offered her a small smile. Yes, perhaps neither of them were ready for a new relationship - though sometimes that's when the next one happened without even their wanting it to. Time was really all there was left, then, for each of them to realize the importance and love in the other.

Gwyn reached out and gently laid her hand down on Miranda's. "Hey, well, maybe one day then," she told her. Gwyn herself knew she wasn't ready for anything other than James - of course it had only been a week or two since she left him, making it very recent in her mind and it wasn't as if she had another love interest at the moment; she'd probably turn them down anyway. Still, though, she hoped her friend could find happiness once more in her life. Tony may have been her special love, maybe even somewhere close to her true love, but she couldn't hope that was it for Miranda. She was young and vulnerable and needed someone in her life as much as the next person.

"Okay, okay," Gwyn snorted, raising her hands up in defense. She then let out a small groan. "Oh yes, teaching. I keep forgetting that's why I'm here." She said in a joking matter. No, she was looking forward to teaching. It just depended on how her students acted. She could be the sweet teacher that everyone go along with... or she could be the teacher from hell; it was their choice.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 8:39 am

Miranda frowned thoughtfully. "I don't think Sitka will recognize you...he didn't spend nearly as much time with you as I did. And he is a little dense when it comes to that kind of thing." Her eyes twinkled.

But she was sure he had flirted with Neira on countless occasions. It had never bothered her then, it had just been who Sitka was. But now, was that a twinge of jealously? Odd. It was true Sitka had never really flirted with HER. They were just the best of friends. It would be weird, wouldn't it? It was just all so confusing. She didn't even know what she felt anymore. She cared about Sitka, and that was what mattered.

"Hey, well, maybe one day then"

Miranda snorted. "well when you have THAT vision, you let me know..."

"yes teaching!" she teased. "You're not here to just stay locked up in this tower! You'll have the cutest Hufflepuffs this year! And most of the Ravenclaws and Gryffindors are quite inquisitive."

[Not sure where else to take this one....xD any ideas? or shall we wrap it up for now?]
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:33 am

"Good," Gwyneira smiled. It wasn't that she simply didn't want him to recognize her, but, well, that was exactly what she wanted to try and avoid. She didn't need any more people recognizing who she was. Plus, she would be truly surprised if Sitka had remembered her, as Miranda had said, they had hardly interacted.

Gwyn chuckled. "Alright, well, I'll keep an eye out for that... just you wait," She teased lightly. Her visions hardly had good outcomes, but maybe one of these days she'd have a plesant one. Hopefully.

"Why not?" Gwyn let out a mock moan before a smirk twisted upon her face. "Notice how you don't mention Slytherins," Gwyn's eyes twinkled lightly. "Not that I blame you, those snakes can be a handful. I bet you don't remember Paris, my boyfriend from... I think it was fourth and fifth year. He was a slytherin... boy was that a mistake." Gwyn chuckled.

Gwyneira sighed, stretching for a moment before a yawn escaped her mouth. "Oh my, looks like I'm more exhausted then I was... the alcohol must be making me tired," she gave Miranda a soft smile.

[We can wrap it up for now and bring them back together later, maybe in a more public place?]
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Miranda rolled her eyes. "Oh I have no doubt." And even if Neira didn't have a vision, Miranda was quite sure she would NOT be letting this go..

Miranda's face was set in a hard mask. "No...I didn't." She sighed. "They're not ALL bad I suppose. A lot of them are just more difficult than most."
She shook her head. "No. but then, we weren't friends at the time." she allowed a soft smile to grace her features. "I'm sure you didn't even know who I was. And I was perfectly content with my animals. so......but I can't believe you actually dated a slytherin!!" Her smile grew to a cheeky grin. "I'm sure that ended brilliantly!!" she teased.

Miranda noticed the yawn. "Well, I suppose we both need to be well rested for the start of term tomorrow. I suppose I'll see you around the school, Miss Sinclair," she said, a twinkle in her eye. "I live on a hut on the grounds if you ever need me. And like I said, any of the creatures on campus can find me if I'm not there."

"Sweet Dreams, Neira." she said, getting up to leave.
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Gwyneira nodded. She didn't doubt that the Slytherin's were like that. They always have been, it was just in their nature. Sure, you'd get the occasional odd one out who was actually pleasant to be around, but they seemed few. Gwyneira then gave another small nod. Yes, that had been before they were friends... back when people actually interacted with Neira.

Gwyneira let out a light laugh before rubbing her chin. "I kicked him in the balls," she snorted. That would teach him to cheat on her. She didn't take crap from most people, and that definitely did not fly with her. "I think he was admitted into the Hospital Wing for a few days. Best detention I ever received."

Gwyn looked as Miranda stood up and she followed suit. "Alright, Miss Melgrove, I will keep your kindness in mind," She played along, bowing her head slightly.

"Good night Miranda," she smiled. She grabbed her wand and waved it, putting everything back into the proper places. She moved toward the door to her bedroom, giving one last look before Miranda left the room. Although she had initially been frightened about her finding out her identity, but now... now she was kind of glad.

Neira walked into her room, getting out of her ball gown and into her more comfortable nightgown. She cleaned off her make-up and took off her jewlery. She paused at her jewlery box, opening one of the smaller boxes. Inside was a light green gem ring. She picked it up, placing it onto her ring finger. She examined it, smiling softly to herself before heading into a blissful, dreamless sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lips red as the rose} open -END-   Lips red as the rose} open -END- - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lips red as the rose} open -END-
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2