Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just a Little Tired {RICHARD}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

Just a Little Tired {RICHARD} Empty
PostSubject: Just a Little Tired {RICHARD}   Just a Little Tired {RICHARD} EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:01 am

Molly lay on the Quidditch Pitch, her arm slung over her eyes to block out the bright sun. Despite the fact that the sun was shining down, it was a relatively cold day. Molly wished for spring to come... no, she willed it to come with all her brain power. Unfortunately, that didn't seem like enough. With her free hand, she tugged her leather jacket closer together and hoped that it'd continue to keep her warm. It wasn't the best thing to practice in, but she was practicing by herself at the moment and she could always take it off if she really needed to. Other than that, she wore a simple pair of jeans, sneakers, and a gold hat. Her long red hair had been pulled back in a low pony tail before she had taken her rest, but was now splayed out beneath her like a fan.

Molly let out a sigh, finding herself extremely exhausted. She felt like she wasn't getting enough sleep these nights. Too many things plagued her mind and the nightmares were becoming more frequent. Not to mention that she was practicing for Try Outs non-stop and that was really killing her already sore body. She was putting herself through too much and really needed to take a break. She was half tempted to just fall asleep right here on the Pitch with her one arm over her eyes, the other splayed out next to her, and her broomstick lying not too far away. However, sleeping out here where anyone could walk upon her didn't seem like the safest idea. Goodness knows what kind of characters she'd run into... or if they'd be Slytherin. She wasn't in the mood to deal with the Slytherin quidditch team and would probably hex them the second they opened their mouths... which would lead to her getting yet another detention... she really needed to stop getting them. Molly didn't need any more lectures from her Uncle John about it.

[now, here's hoping they're not related. ;P]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a Little Tired {RICHARD}   Just a Little Tired {RICHARD} EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:40 am

[ I'd hope not. ]

Richard left the main school grounds as soon as physically possible. His feet hitting the soft grass near the Quidditch practice area and arena as soon as he could with speeds he didn't remember having. His brush was in his hand as his face was covered in a beaming smile. This was one of his favorite places to be. He could never get enough of it. The sight, the smells, the thrill. Everything here was perfect.

Except for a Gryffindor currently sulking. Was it even possible for Gryffindors to sulk? It didn't seem logical for the usually strong, plaintively happy kids to ever sulk. It left Richard with a decision. Ask if she was okay or try ot ignore her. Richard knew ignoring anyone, it didn't help she was a red head-- his weakness, wasn't the kind of thing he knew he could do. So, the small for his age walked over to the red head with his bright, happy smile.

"Hey, is something wrong?" Blunt was good. Hopefully blunt wouldn't get him hit by her if she didn't feel like talking to him. He was quite aware of the temper red heads could have in the heat of emotions.

Suddenly he might have wished he hadn't asked and just retreated to a hole somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Just a Little Tired {RICHARD}   Just a Little Tired {RICHARD} EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:58 am

Molly could hear footsteps approaching her on the Pitch. She didn't say or do anything, almost hoping they'd go away, until she heard a male voice ask her if there was something wrong. She let out a sigh - she really didn't want to talk about it, not with some stranger anyway. "I'm fine..." she mumbled, not too reassuringly though. Her exhaustion was really putting a damper on her mood. She needed to perk up, even if it was only for appearances sake.

Molly removed her arm, blinking her blue eyes against the bright sun. She waited for them to adjust before sitting up straight and stretching her arms up and back. She adjusted her gold hat before looking up at the person who had joined her. He seemed to be about her age, a Ravenclaw, she concluded. He had dark hair and rather blue eyes. She pursed her lips at first before putting a grin onto her face. "Just tired; I'm allowed to be tired, aren't I?" She questioned with a teasing tone.

Molly pulled her knees up, resting her elbow on them and her chin in her hand. She raised an eyebrow and gave him a once over - he was pale and seemed pretty tiny; not that Molly wasn't, but still. "You a Quidditch player?" She questioned in a light manner. She assumed that he enjoyed Quidditch and played it well enough since he was here on the Pitch, but perhaps he was on the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a Little Tired {RICHARD}   Just a Little Tired {RICHARD} EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:36 am

Richard took a step back, biting his lower lip as the Gryffindor girl stretched up to a sitting position. He tried not to look away when she looked straight at him, judging him like the others did. Hopefully he'd be... acceptable in her books. There were so many people who's expectations he could never live up to. The boy just -wished- he was at least good enough to not get slammed by an insult. Self conscious thinking but true never the less. Then she spoke, completely killing his thoughts.

"U-uh, yeah. I guess so." He shifted a bit, hand tightening on his broom as he listened to her continue on in her words. She shifted as Dick's eyes moved around the area. It was kind of deserted considering the time of day. He wondered how the girl got the field to herself and wasn't using it to her advantage. Something must have been honestly bothering her.

"I uh... I want to. I wanna play Seeker, y'know?" Richard said a bit shyly, eyes looking to the side as he flustered ever so slightly. Not because she asked, or because he was embarrassed by it. It was his reasoning for it that left him a little bare to the world.

"Uh... are you? Oh! And by the way, my name's Richard... everyone calls me Dick though." The lithe teen rubbed the back of his neck as he sheepishly spoke, forgetting to have introduce himself before moving into the topic of what they liked to do and who they were.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Just a Little Tired {RICHARD}   Just a Little Tired {RICHARD} EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:24 am

Molly smiled a bit, letting out a silent laugh. He seemed to be a bit nervous, uncomfortable, or something similar to that effect. His eyes roamed all over the place, but hardly ever landed on her. She found it a bit amusing, partially because she was never like that. It was very rare for her to act as such and if she was, something major must have happened and then perhaps you should worry. Another silent laugh passed through her lips as she ran her fingers through the ends of her hair. Good, she mused, glad I'm able to be tired. Still though, she knew that wasn't the case... but if it possibly made him stop asking, then why not?

Molly's blue eyes lit up slightly. Oh, a seeker, huh? That was always interesting. She didn't mind the seeker position... she wasn't very good at it, as it required much patience and staring for the Snitch. She much prefered to be in the middle of the action. Her top three positions were Chaser, Keeper, Beater "Yeah?" She questioned, "So, you're trying out for the team then this year? Have you ever played on it before?" She was trying out for the team once more this year as well; she figured she had a spot on it, though, seeing as she had been on since her second year, but she still had to try out. It was only fair. Hey, who knew, they could have a Quidditch Prodigy on their team... not that that would kick her off the team, but one never knew.

"Yeah, I've been on the team since my second year. I'm trying out again this year, pretty sure I'll make it, but," Molly just gave a shrug. Moll stretched once more before standing up finally. She brushed the grass off of her back and the back of her legs. She hoped there wasn't any in her hair, but she didn't take the time to look.

"It's very nice to meet you Dick," Molly gave him another smile. "I'm Molly, though if you want to shorten my already short name, you can call me Moll." She held her hand out to shake in a friendly manner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a Little Tired {RICHARD}   Just a Little Tired {RICHARD} EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:26 am

"Oh? Really? That's cool. I don't remember seeing you around all that much?" The Ravenclaw ultimately felt a little bad about not really remembering Molly. He used to know all of the players from previous years that were Quidditch players. Not remembering someone was kind of.. harsh. Especially from a person like Dick, a person with practically photographic memory.

"Uh, I've never been on a team here but I used to play with some of the..." Dick faltered, what was he to say? He didn't play here at Hogwarts but he'd played with some of the snobbish rich kids back home with Bruce, "I used to play with... some kids I used to know. I really liked playing seeker." The raven haired male gave the fellow Quidditch lover a smile while shaking his head and chuckling a bit.

"Na, I'll call you Molly. Moll feels weird. Mal... Moll... yeah, doesn't work." Richard's shoulders bounced as his laughed a bit more at the fact the Moll was a legit nickname. It... was weird. It didn't even sound flattering to anyone, let alone her.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Just a Little Tired {RICHARD}   Just a Little Tired {RICHARD} EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Moll chucked slightly, reaching up and scratching under her hat. She thought she had always stood out a little more, maybe because of her bright hair or maybe because of her loud personality. Oh well, guess she couldn't be noticed by everyone. "Ah, well, I'm the loud one on the Gryffindor team... the one scoring all the points," she told him cheekily... and jokingly. She was hardly the one scoring all the points.

Molly watched him falter, raising an eyebrow slightly. She pursed her lips in thought for a moment, wondering if he didn't get along with whatever kids he used to play with. She shrugged it off. No need to pry. It wasn't any of her business. "Oh yeah? Well, it's fun no matter where you play it... on a team or not. Sometimes, without the stress of a game, it can be a little more fun." Molly shrugged. She had enjoyed playing at home with a few neighborhood kids.

Molly snorted. "Now, what are you doing? Mocking my nickname?" She teased lightly. "Rhymes with Doll, you know. Moll-Doll." She then held up her hands, laughing all the while, "but whatever you choose. Molly's just as good. Just no ginger names." She pointed at him, putting on a stern face, though the edges of her mouth tugged up slightly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a Little Tired {RICHARD}   Just a Little Tired {RICHARD} Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a Little Tired {RICHARD}
Page 1 of 1