Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Minister of Magic
Admin
Minister of Magic

Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] Empty
PostSubject: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 am

[Important for all those participating in the Halloween Special Event.]

This topic is set on the 31st of October, roleplay time, after the Masquerade Ball. Everyone has been taken to their cells and Bellatrix Lestrange has brought her daughter, Rose Lestrange, to her hideout.

The Hideout looks from the outside like just another cell, but inside it is spelled and is the size of an average bungalow with a kitchen and dining area, lounge, bathroom and two bedrooms.

It is a lot more luxurious than the other cells which the students and teachers alike are being kept locked inside. They have currently been knocked out and are spread far enough apart in the collapsed region of the dungeons to not be able to see each other. Yet, they may hear another cell if close by. (E.g: Number 6 can hear 5 and 7, Number 8 can hear 7 and 9, etc.)

The cells themselves are basic, with dungeon railings keeping them inside, dripping leaks from the ceiling and three matresses on the floor. There is a small room at the top left containing a toilet, shower, sink and broken mirror. This is standard for every cell. However each cell may receive something unique as a Halloween gift on the night.

Happy Halloween!
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsau.rpg-board.net
Bellatrix Lestrange

Bellatrix Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:17 am

[This post was written by ChessieInWonderland (Admin), all following posts will be written by MrsLovett112 (Sian)]

It was Halloween night, the dungeons were dark and gloomy, as was to be expected, and Bellatrix Lestrange’s plans were in motion. It was all going quite according to plan, she smirked to herself before waving her arm and let out a cackle as the candle’s illuminated the sleeping faces of the spelled prisoner’s. They all looked so innocent and contented, unaware what would await them once they awoke. However, it was not them who Bellatrix had to deal with at this moment; it was her daughter who was asleep in her hideout. Her heavy footsteps echoed between the stone walls as she strode in the direction of her lair.

It looked just like any other cell, ordinary and unappealing; the only significant difference from the outside being the doormat which stated “Home sweet home”. For some unknown reason, it bemused Bellatrix. Stepping upon it, she unlocked the cell to reveal a doorway, unseen from the exterior, through which she entered, securing it safely behind her. Second door to the right and she found herself in her daughter’s bedroom. It was the room she had spent longest on creating, to ensure Rose would feel most at home. She didn’t know how long they would be staying after all.

Wondering over to her daughter’s bedside, she pulled a strand of hair away from Rose’s masked face. She was eager to awake her and to reveal her plans, she was sure her daughter would be impressed and admiring, but she decided to wait. Not really Bellatrix’s forte, but wait she would nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Rose Lestrange

Rose Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Rose's slight figure was spread along the bed in a neat and straight line, rather as if she had been positioned that way than fallen into a natural sleep. Her eyes fluttered open as she awoke in a drowsy and disorientated state. Her fingers scanned her face and she felt her mask had been removed, but that was the last thing she remembered. The masquerade ball.

Propping herself up with her hands, she glanced around the room. It seemed like she were at home; the decor, even the view from the window all bore resemblance to their manor. The only difference was, she knew the mark of her mother's magic and she could tell something was misplaced. It was then, her eyes rested upon Bellatrix, looking rather temperamental as she balanced on the edge of the bed.

"Mother? I don't understand..." Rose frowned rather confused as she tried to work out where they were and why her mother had wanted her to think she was at home. She could only hope that Bellatrix would provide her with a truthful answer, after all, death eaters weren't really known for their honesty.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Lestrange

Bellatrix Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:52 am

"You put up quite a fuss," Bellatrix chided softly, smiling down cheerfully at her daughter. "And you've kept me waiting. I was sure the spell wasn't that severe, but perhaps I misjudged..."

Bellatrix stood again, looking about the room before looking back to Rose, her smile brightened a little bit. She could not help but be somewhat proud of the room she had created for her daughter, and was glad to know that finally she could see a reaction to it.

"What do you think of your new room?" she asked, grinning almost a little too much. "You'd best like it, I did work very hard on it. Of course, I can change it, I wouldn't have you being uncomfortable now, would I?"
Back to top Go down
Rose Lestrange

Rose Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:24 am

Rose tried to keep calm as her mothers words ignited a realisation of the events which has occurred. They had been at the Masquerade Ball, then all of a sudden, panic had struck as large groups of students began disappearing. She heaved a sigh as her memory fluttered backwards. She had known her mother had something planned for Halloween, involving Hogwarts, so she had removed her mask in hope her mother may recognise her and she could talk her out of harming the students, not that she usually cared for their well being. It just wasn't the way to get things done. Or perhaps she only believed that because Vivienne and the Vipers' lives were currently endangered.

In trying to gain recognition, it seemed her mother had found her and attempted to persuade her to walk down to the dungeons voluntarily. Yet, Rose had refused to comply, instead, her eyes had searched the room for any sign of Evie. It was at that moment of weakness her mother had placed her under the imperius curse, and now she was here.

"What did you... do?" Rose gasped, halfway through trying to pass it off as a noise of excitement rather than disapproval and slight fear. She needed to learn everything she could about the situation if she were to have any hope of freeing the select few who mattered to her. It was necessary to sound enthusiastic to gain information from her mother, she knew she wouldn't be able to resist explaining the whole plan if she portrayed interest. Forcing a smile onto her face, she leaned forward with a faked eager expression. It was scary, the mirrored look of excitement between mother and daughter - they had never looked more alike.

"And I do like my room," Rose nodded, as she rose slowly to her feet, observing the extent to which her mother had worked on it. With closer inspection, she could tell she had put a significant amount of magic into making it seem realistic, and it touched some small part of her. "Thankyou," She turned back to her mother with a more genuine smile.

(Sorry for the dreadful quality of this post. It is late and little is making sense to my brain! xD)
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Lestrange

Bellatrix Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:09 am

Bellatrix's smiley widened slightly when Rose approved the room and clapped her hands together delightedly.

"Good, good, I had hoped you'd like it. It's better that you did- we're going to be spending quite some time in here I think." She paused, catching her breath as a moment of excitement fleeted through her. "We're going to be doing the Dark Lord's work here, love. We have cells- quite a few cells- with all sorts of students and teachers. It's really all quite exciting, you know? I was sent here to keep them... entertained," she said, finishing with a high pitched laugh.

She turned her head slightly towards the lounge, biting her lip as the excitement grew.

"I have something to show you, if you want to know how it works?"

[[your post was great, no bad quality at all Very Happy I must apologise for my comparably short reply XD]]
Back to top Go down
Rose Lestrange

Rose Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:28 am

Rose's head moved in a snake-like fashion as she turned, intrigued, to glance at her mother. They would be spending a lot of time here... She couldn't help but wonder where "here" was. Running her fingers across the covers, she could almost feel her mother's magic entwined into the quilt, it made her spine shiver. She was torn between genuine admiration and a suspenseful fear for what it all meant, and where Evie was.

The answer hit her hard. Cells (lots of cells)... with students trapped inside - dark lords orders.

Vivienne must be inside one of them.

Catching her breath quickly, she ignored the emotional pain searing through her and attempted to control her composure. Biting the inside of her lip seemed to help until she began to taste blood inside her mouth. Forcing a small nod of understanding, she resolved to keep her cool and try discover even more about the cells. Maybe she could find a way to persuade her mother to let Evie escape, even if it cost the lives of all the others - what did they matter? Ultimately, they were near to nothing to her.

"Entertained?" Rose peaked her voice with a note of interest, swinging her legs down from the bed so she were sat closer to her mother. She knew her mum's thoughts on entertaining prisoners would not be entertaining for the other individuals involved, only Bellatrix would draw pleasure from her own torment - and guiltily, Rose would enjoy it slightly too. Shaking the thought from her mind, she focussed on the rest of what her mother was trying to communicate to her, clinging onto every word in case it were to prove useful.

"Yes, please show me." Rose nodded, intrigued as to what the mysterious object could be. Perhaps, a torture device of some sort?

[Try make them a little longer next time if you can babycupcakes! ~ <3]
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Lestrange

Bellatrix Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 1:45 am

There was something more than confusion in the way that Rose had enquired about the entertainment. Perhaps a little fear. No, that couldn't be right; what did Rose have to be afraid of? She was safe here.

"We're going to be teaching dear Dumbledore a lesson," Bellatrix said, wildly grinning as she walked from the room, still facing Rose. She wanted to see the happiness when she realised what was happening here. "Students, teachers, we have a selection of both, and we're going to be playing little games with them. We'll be seeing what they can go through, what they'll be willing to do-" She cut off, clapping her hands together once and laughing in sheer delight. "It's going to be wonderful! And we can watch it all from here."

Bellatrix stopped in the lounge, gesturing towards a large doll house type structure. It was another memoriam of her pride, the effort that had gone into it made her smile somewhat more vivacious. Looking from Rose to the doll house, Bellatrix could feel her excitement growing.

"This is how we'll watch them. And control them, of course. You can cast little spells, make things happen in the room. Something different in each one if you like." Finally her gaze became fully distracted, turning only to the little chambers that stored her prey. "Funny, isn't it? We could pretend they're this small, really. It makes it so much more fun when they have to... go."
Back to top Go down
Rose Lestrange

Rose Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:13 pm

Rose raised an eyebrow at the mention of Dumbledore, she had to admit, she didn't even think her mother had enough power to take on the grand head master. Perhaps, she was wrong. In which case, all of Hogwarts and the Wizarding World should be fearful. After a few moments further thought, she realised if her mother could break into Hogwarts undetected, convert a section of collapsed dungeon into a hide-out and imprison a large proportion of the student body and staff, she could take on Albus Dumbledore. The thought made her shiver.

"What do you mean by see what they will be willing to do? What sort of games do you mean?" Rose asked curiously, peering closely into the dollhouse which resembled the one she had played with as a child. Except, the dolls in her dollhouse had all been female. It was then she noticed there were three girls in two cells; cell five and cell twelve.

"Mother, could you show me what you mean?" Rose wondered aloud, it was best to gather as much information as possible about the situation. At least, that's what she kept telling herself - that she wasn't finding this the slightest bit exhilarating. "Could you show me with... cell five or cell twelve?" After she spoke the question, she bit her lip. She should've chosen a cell with all boys, or mostly boys, not all girls. There was a significantly higher likelihood Vivienne maybe in one of those two cells. She couldn't backtrack now, she would simply prey that Evie would be safe, and try to enjoy the games.

(Very nice reply! <3 We need to discuss what to do with five or twelve when you are next on chat. :3)
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Lestrange

Bellatrix Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:03 am

"What sort of games do you think, love?" Bellatrix asked, rolling her eyes at her daughter. It was as if she hadn't quite caught on with how things worked with them. "Our usual little games, of course! Why hurt someone when you could make someone do it for you? If it saves us the trouble... don't you think it would be fun to see? You could pick out any your liked, you know? My delight is your revenge, remember?"

She peered into the two cells that Rose had specified and smiled a little, revelling in the sight of those trapped little creatures.

"Ah, those two cells," she said, clapping her hands together. "I hadn't quite thought about it, though now that you've picked two, I'd quite liked the idea of little creatures. Spiders! We shall charm a few spiders into Cell Five, shall we? I've always had a fascination, I've heard of such wonderful spiders in the Forbidden Forest. And Cell Twelve... snakes! Honour the Dark Lord, eh? Yes, we'll summon a wonderfully large snake for them, shall we? Oh how lovely!"

Bellatrix laughed again, clapping her hands repeatedly before looking at her daughter, her smile almost immediately dropping. She did not seem as appeased as she could have hoped.

"No need to be glum. Come now, isn't this exciting? Smile at least!"
Back to top Go down
Rose Lestrange

Rose Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 5:00 am

"Oh, those sorts of games," Rose inwardly scorned herself for even asking the question, it seemed so dumb now. Yet, at least her mother now assumed she was interested at least. She looked in awe as the snake and spiders appeared in the respective cells and gasped. Well, that was interesting and a fulfilling demonstration of dark magic. As her mother explained she could do whatever she wished with any in the dollhouse, she had to fight the power going to her head. It would be fun, to an extent, to play with those caught inside. Yet, if one were Evie, she wouldn't forgive herself.

"That is fun!" Rose exclaimed in glee, attempting to re-instated her false excitement. Edging towards the cells, she watched closely for the masked prisoner's reactions. She smiled at her mother, as she was ordered. She was so used to doing exactly as her mother said, it was almost unnatural how quickly she responded to her instruction.

Part of her wanted to do something to another cell too.. perhaps one with a male inside.

"Maybe... I could have a try?" Rose asked cautiously as she watched her mother direct the spell at the cell in the dollhouse. She hoped her mother wouldn't react badly to the question, she would either be excited at the suggestion of her involvement, or angry that she had suggested intruding on her game.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Lestrange

Bellatrix Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:42 am

Bellatrix nodded excitedly, looking into the cells once more and grinning. She had for a moment doubted Rose's investment in this little game, but could not be happier upon hearing her wish to become involved.

"It's very simple," she said, voice quivering slightly as the adrenalin rushed through her blood. "Just point your wand into the cell you like, and summon whatever you like. You could even curse the individuals, if you like."

She paused for a moment, suddenly quite curious. Rose had always been quite an anomaly when it came to Dark Magic, sometimes seeming just as connected with it as Bellatrix herself was, at other times distancing herself to the point where she questioned Rose's involvement. But she had said that she wanted to try out this little game.

"What did you want to do?" Bellatrix asked, moving behind Rose and looking over her shoulder down at the doll house. "Of course, if there's much you want to do, you must spread the joy through more than one cell, you know? It would be greedy to give all your gifts to one group of people!"
Back to top Go down
Alliss Rivera
Admin
Alliss Rivera

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:15 am

Rose tried to control her breath and the excitement which was coursing through her veins. She had not attempted to use dark magic in a long while, and now the time was upon her, it was as if greeting an old friend. To a certain extent she had missed it, and an evil desire threatened to overwhelm her. Perhaps it would be safer to start with the simplest of small curses. Listening to Bellatrix's instructions, she marked her targets.

"Conjuctivitis!" Rose aimed her wand at cell two, directing it toward the male who had awoken with firey red hair. The spell should damage his eyesight for a while, everything would be blurred. Well, that could make things interesting to watch. She allowed her gaze to revert to the other cells her mother had cursed, they were reacting as expected, she smirked before shaking herself. She had to keep control.

"Reducio!" Next, Rose aimed at Cell Eight, marking both of the awoken individuals. They instantly shrunk into Thumbelina-like size. However, she made sure they weren't small enough to escape through the bars. She was quite amazed by the dark creativity inside her, and couldn't help herself moving onto the next. This was Rose's problem, she was like an addict to dark magic. Once she started, she couldn't stop herself.

"Tarantallegra!" It was Cell Eleven this time, she was just choosing at random. Both of those awake, were now forced to dance and wouldn't stop for at least a couple of hours - it was amusing to watch, but exhausting for the individuals. She giggled, trying to keep the darkness light-hearted so she didn't drown in it's depths.

"Pervius!" (I had to improvise for this spell, I removed the "Im" to make it the opposite of "Impervius".) Rose watched as rain fell from the roof of Cell Nine, well that should wake up the individual who was still asleep. It would also soak them all to the bone.

"Winguardium Leviosa!" Suddenly, gravity was removed from Cell Nine and all the individuals began to float into the air. Even the one still asleep was thrust up toward the ceiling. The male hit his head hard, and she laughed rather manically.

"Crucio!" Rose couldn't help it, the darkness was overthrowing her morality, and the temptation had grown to large. She directed her wand at Cell Thirteen, well it was unlucky after all. She smiled as she continued the curse for a good few minutes, before she stopped - rather exhausted with her work.

"Was that enough?" Rose turned toward her mother, hoping for some sign she may be proud or approve of the spells she had chosen and the amount she had cast. Part of her was nervous, her mother could be temperamental and she was sure she may turn on her at any moment. Yet, she did love it when Rose became encapsulated in dark magic and resembled her in ways Sinbad never did. Perhaps she was more like her mother than she originally thought.
Back to top Go down
Rose Lestrange

Rose Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:16 am

Rose tried to control her breath and the excitement which was coursing through her veins. She had not attempted to use dark magic in a long while, and now the time was upon her, it was as if greeting an old friend. To a certain extent she had missed it, and an evil desire threatened to overwhelm her. Perhaps it would be safer to start with the simplest of small curses. Listening to Bellatrix's instructions, she marked her targets.

"Conjuctivitis!" Rose aimed her wand at cell two, directing it toward the male who had awoken with firey red hair. The spell should damage his eyesight for a while, everything would be blurred. Well, that could make things interesting to watch. She allowed her gaze to revert to the other cells her mother had cursed, they were reacting as expected, she smirked before shaking herself. She had to keep control.

"Reducio!" Next, Rose aimed at Cell Eight, marking both of the awoken individuals. They instantly shrunk into Thumbelina-like size. However, she made sure they weren't small enough to escape through the bars. She was quite amazed by the dark creativity inside her, and couldn't help herself moving onto the next. This was Rose's problem, she was like an addict to dark magic. Once she started, she couldn't stop herself.

"Tarantallegra!" It was Cell Eleven this time, she was just choosing at random. Both of those awake, were now forced to dance and wouldn't stop for at least a couple of hours - it was amusing to watch, but exhausting for the individuals. She giggled, trying to keep the darkness light-hearted so she didn't drown in it's depths.

"Pervius!" (I had to improvise for this spell, I removed the "Im" to make it the opposite of "Impervius".) Rose watched as rain fell from the roof of Cell Nine, well that should wake up the individual who was still asleep. It would also soak them all to the bone.

"Winguardium Leviosa!" Suddenly, gravity was removed from Cell Nine and all the individuals began to float into the air. Even the one still asleep was thrust up toward the ceiling. The male hit his head hard, and she laughed rather manically.

"Crucio!" Rose couldn't help it, the darkness was overthrowing her morality, and the temptation had grown to large. She directed her wand at Cell Thirteen, well it was unlucky after all. She smiled as she continued the curse for a good few minutes, before she stopped - rather exhausted with her work.

"Was that enough?" Rose turned toward her mother, hoping for some sign she may be proud or approve of the spells she had chosen and the amount she had cast. Part of her was nervous, her mother could be temperamental and she was sure she may turn on her at any moment. Yet, she did love it when Rose became encapsulated in dark magic and resembled her in ways Sinbad never did. Perhaps she was more like her mother than she originally thought.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Lestrange

Bellatrix Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:49 am

Bellatrix waited until the end of Rose's series of spells before whooping with joy, wrapping her arms around Rose quickly and jumping a little.

"That was wonderful, love!" she laughed, spinning the two of them round quickly before letting go and diving down beside the doll house, kneeling beside it and peering in like a child would has they been playing with actual dolls. "Oh that really was inventive, my dear! I dare say I couldn't have done better myself!"

She looked at each of the cells that had been effected, smiling brightly at each of the changes. It was entertaining to see when she had put the spells on them, but it was amazing to see the effect that her daughter had left. Any previous doubt had been wiped away, only filled with a sort of pride at the handiwork that had been displayed.

"See? I said this would be fun! My dear, you looked as thought you needed that. Did you know them, then?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]   Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview] Empty

Back to top Go down

Like mother, like daughter? [Halloween Special Preview]
Page 1 of 1