Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jane Pevensie

Jane Pevensie

Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Hogsmeade was busy and bustling, a lot of teachers and students mingled around the village and little Jane had managed to lose sight of Jayden who had accompanied her there. Shrugging, she began to hum to herself as she stumbled and stepped down the cobbled streets. He had probably found some 'eye candy', she giggled and looked up when she found the shop she was looking for.

Gladrags, well, she should certainly find something in here to wear for the Masquerade Ball. After all, she wanted to look her best... Jane blushed. She didn't really want to voice it aloud, but, she was hoping to see Knox at some point, maybe, well, he might, maybe think she looked nice. Shaking her head, she tried to clear it from fuzzy feelings, she was becoming more like Gramps Jayden by the day! Obsessing over boys. She laughed once more before the bell rang above her head as she entered the store.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:30 am

((mind if eva pops in ??))
Back to top Go down
Alistair Darling

Alistair Darling

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Alistair was not one for fashion, it was quite pointless in his view. What need was there to follow particular trends based on somebody else's idea of style? That being said, Alistair still thought that looking presentable was important. And especially when there was a particular girl from Slytherin who he was determined to beat. If he looked anything other than respectable then he would not be able to live with himself.

He had to impress her. He had to best her. Which was why he was currently in Gladrags Wizardwear, looking for some new robes. His old ones just weren't up to par and he had the money to indulge in some new ones. This was completely justified. And, it was not solely for this girl, he genuinely did care about how presentable he appeared. That was quite important, in his eyes, although not as important as his intellect.
Back to top Go down
Jane Pevensie

Jane Pevensie

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:22 pm

(Yes of course Eva.~)

Jane had previously been alone in the shop, and had found the company of the shopkeeper quite satisfying. He seemed rather scared actually. Some people were slightly put off by friendliness she had come to find. Sighing, she had settled to keeping her own company for the past five minutes, just long enough for her to become restless.

Luckily, as boredom began to infiltrate Jane's mind, a new source of conversation entered the store. From behind a clothes rail, the little girl peeked and tried to predict his personality from his appearance. He looked smart, withdrawn and slightly out of place were the first things that came into her mind, but it was his eyes that made her tilt her head to one side curiously. He seemed so mysterious. Jane did love mysteries... She grinned.

"Hello there sir!" Jane bounded out quite suddenly from the centre of the clothes rail into the young man's path. "I'm Jane," She smiled. "What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Alistair Darling

Alistair Darling

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:29 pm

Alistair jumped slightly, at the sudden intrusion of his personal space, and glanced down at the source of the invasion. A little girl. How bothersome. "Where is your mother?" He asked, haughtily, and raised his eyebrow at the girl as he considered her. Her smile was too big for her face, and her eyes were too small. It made her look quite demonic. Which, he considered, was a fairly accurate description of her. For she was a little demon, he thought, bothering him like this. He didn't even know the girl.

He decided to grace her with an answer, however, for his parents would not be impressed by his ignoring her. They taught him better than that. She was a little girl, after all. Quite likely the spawn of Lucifer himself but a little girl nonetheless. Little girls were highly vulnerable creatures and required attention, or else they tended to get themselves into trouble. And Alistair did not want to take responsibility for allowing that to happen. If he kept her busy with conversation, then she'd not wind up getting into trouble... like getting stuck on a clothes rack and unable to get down, or something to that effect.

"My name is Alistair. And yours?"
Back to top Go down
Jane Pevensie

Jane Pevensie

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Jane was startled by the boy's abrupt question and it took her a few moments to gather her thoughts. This young man must certainly be reclusive if he was under the impression that was how someone started a conversation, or replied to an introduction. Jane decided she must be extra determined with him to make sure that he didn't get too lonely, if he couldn't start a conversation right... no-one may speak to him, and that would be sad indeed.

"My mother lives at the burrow, but she may be at work around this time," Jane pondered the thought, strange he should ask such a question. She wondered what he wanted with her mother's whereabouts, maybe he was a spy... oh that would be most thrilling! Oh please let him be a spy. The adventures they could share, her eyes twinkled wildly as she gazed up at him.

"Alistair," Jane nodded, making sure to remember it. "And I just told you sir, I'm Jane." She smiled, so to make sure he didn't feel too embarrassed for forgetting.
Back to top Go down
Alistair Darling

Alistair Darling

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:45 pm

He raised an eyebrow. Her mother was not around, she was at the 'burrow' wherever that was. She must be old enough to accompany herself. She must have been old enough to be a student. But she hardly seemed tall enough and she acted like a six year old. He hadn't expected the response he got, and simply nodded at the other, wondering how long it would be before she left him alone. She looked so excited at her making a new friend, and he rolled his eyes. "Okay, then." He said, simply. He honestly didn't care if she was at work around this time.

"Did you? I wasn't listening, I was too busy trying to buy robes, which is what most people do when they enter this shop. They don't intend to converse with strangers." He snapped, and glanced back at the robes momentarily. Why was she even bothering him? The frustrating little demon spawn. "Hello, Jane. What do you want? Do you need me to reach something for you - is that it?" He said, assuming she couldn't reach something.
Back to top Go down
Jane Pevensie

Jane Pevensie

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:54 pm

"Do you want some help? I've found most men don't have an amazing sense in fashion, or maybe that's just Gramps Jay, but not sure," Jane chuckled to herself before linking arms with Alistair. "And actually, it's me that is the younger one so isn't it supposed to be me who shouldn't converse with you? For all I know, you could want to sell me sweets, and mother always said you should never take candy from strangers because those sorts of strangers are bad strangers. Are you a bad stranger? Do you have any sweets?" Pausing for breath, she held a finger to her lip.

"I'm talking too much aren't I?" She sighed softly. "I have a habit of doing that you know, I am sorry, but I just get excited when I meet someone new, especially an international super spy-type."

"I would like your company sir, if you don't mind...?" Jane paused at his question, looking rather disheartened as she stared up at him with large, hurt eyes.
Back to top Go down
Alistair Darling

Alistair Darling

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 1:06 pm

He stared at her skinny arm linked with his. Did she not understand the concepts of boundaries and personal space? Had her mother not warned her about dangerous strangers? Well, apparently she had, for the girl informed him eagerly of bad strangers and bad sweets. He rolled his eyes. "I can't say I am a bad stranger, but I have no sweets of any kind, and I have no intention of slipping you any kind of drug or spell." He said. Was she even aware of the reason why those sweets were bad? Well, she was now. "And I don't particularly need help but I can see you're not going to go away anytime soon so you might as well make yourself useful - although surely you came in here with the intent of making a purchase?" He looked back at the robes, and felt ones material, absentmindedly.

"Yes, you are." He said bluntly. He didn't look at her, even as she mentioned his being an international super spy. Oh. He slowly turned to stare at her, with judging eyes, as he regarded her small figure. "Hm? An international super spy?" He smirked, before placing a finger to his lips in a shushing manner. "Alright, I admit it, I am a spy, but you mustn't tell anyone." He said, sharply, trying to make his voice as intimidating as it could be. Revealing a spy's identity was serious business. As was meddling with a small child.

"Don't you have any friends who could keep you company?" Oh, she was hurt. How does one deal with a hurt child? "Are you all by yourself? Is that why you're sticking to me?"
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:16 pm

((sorry it took so long XDD I was busy all day))

Evaine had trouble getting her thoughts about her father, sister, sometimes her love life out of her mind. Not that her love life was bad but her talk with Belle got her thinking about kids and marriage, something she wanted to talk to Jim about. Having piper in her little bag as he popped his head out looking at all the shops "Piper no back in I don't want the shop to kick me out for bringing in a kitty." she said rubbing his little head as he purred. Smiling to herself she rubbed under his chin "Now if you be good I'll bye you a new toy even throw Jim might say I'm spoiling you to much.", seeing the small little tabby had tones of toys.

Walking inside the shop to bye herself a dress for the ball, something she hated to do cause Eva never had a mother who helped picked out gowns for her child. NO, she just beat her daughter up, drugged her, and made her feel weak. Evaine never had girlfriends to drag with her to help out picking a dress for her, Brie was pregnant and didn't want to bother her. So she dragged her 'love child' out to see if he had good tease in dresses, no way was she going to beg Jim to hag around in Gladrags Wizardwear just to see what dress was perfect for her.

Looking threw the dresses in a small corner as Piper keep smacking his paw at the fabric she slightly breathed out a laugh "Stop it." she mumbled looking at the kitten. Out of the corner of her eye she notice a small child and.. a teacher maybe? Eva bit her lip praying they wont see Piper.
Back to top Go down
Jane Pevensie

Jane Pevensie

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Jane watched Alistair suspiciously as he responded to her never-ending questions and ranting, he at least was able to keep up with her - more than she could say for most. As they broached the topic of 'bad strangers', it was discovered Alistair indeed was a 'good stranger' so Jane could relax some. Her face contorted with confusion as he mentioned drugs and spells, but so not to seem silly and naive, she just nodded with a smile.

"Yes, yes I did! I've come looking for a dress for the Masquerade Ball," Jane replied excitedly as she pulled his arm in the direction of the children's section. A few children were playing tag between the aisles and she couldn't help but think it looked quite entertaining and wanted to join in. She would have asked if they could both play, but she was sure Alistair wouldn't approve so she dismissed the idea.

Browsing the aisles, she attempted to find a suitable dress. "I'm not sure which colour to go for, hm." Jane pondered as she skimmed her spare hand over the ball gowns. "Any ideas Ali?" She looked up at him hopefully. "I'm not sure which would go best with my hair and skin tone. Though, mother always said I suited pale blue." She made a humming noise as she debated on the style to choose.

"Y-you are?" Jane's eyes gleamed. "Oh, oh! Can you please take me on your next mission?" She got over-excited and said the last comment slightly too loud before correcting herself. "Sorry, I shall keep it quiet, I shall! I'm good at keeping secrets." She rested her head against his arm as they linked to make the meaning of the promise more poignant.

"Gramps Jay took me out but I think he must have been distracted," Jane smirked, it was the only explanation that seemed plausible. Jayden had been distracted by some attractive male eye candy, this was why you should never eat candy - or you may end up like Gramps, she surmised. "I am by myself, but I'm talking to you because I like you." Jane nodded smartly, with a toothy grin as she looked up at him once more. It was true, she did, he came across as rude and blunt, but he was quite adorable actually.

It was at that moment that Jane spotted a girl nearby who appeared to be talking to herself, it was only with closer inspection she realised what it was she was conversing with. A kitten! Instantly, she headed with Alistair in it's direction, freeing up her linked arm so she would be able to pet the creature if permitted.

"Oh! He's so cute," Jane grinned, quite thrilled that she had bumped into such an adorable furry creature. Perhaps it would soften Alistair up. She knelt down, making sure the young man was still behind her, she trusted him now and hoped he wouldn't abandon her.

"What's his name?" She asked to the young female before she cautiously outstretched her hand to pat the kitten's head and give him a small, satisfactory scratch behind the ear. "And what's yours?" She added politely with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Alistair Darling

Alistair Darling

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:07 am

Alistair didn't even try to suppress his groan as the girl tugged him along with her towards the children section. He stumbled along after her with a thoroughly displeased expression on his face, considering the group of children who were playing a game of some sort amongst the aisles. He wondered how long it would be before Jane decided she wanted the two of them to join in - he suspected she'd be quite eager to play. He stared at the back of her head with a disapproving look, as if to telepathically tell her that no, he did not want to play.

But she seemed to be more interesting in dresses, rather than the children. Which was hardly a relief, since this meant he'd have to give her fashion advice. "Don't call me Ali," he snapped, grumpily. He wanted very much to cross his arms over his chest but since she had latched onto one of his arms, he was unable to do so. He frowned at her, instead. "Have you even reached puberty, yet? Why should you care about dresses? You should be playing with dolls, or something. Ideally, you'd be doing something more worthwhile than dress shopping - like studying." What did hair and skin tones have to do with anything, anyway? A dress was a dress.

He smirked, at her excitement at his being a spy. "Indeed. If you tell anyone I'll have to lock you away in Azkaban - or worse." He jumped slightly at her resting her head against his arm. Their arms were linked, and Alistair probably could tug his arm free but it would likely result in her getting upset, and crying. And he couldn't tolerate the sound of girls crying. It was an incredibly unappealing noise. He rolled his eyes as she confessed to liking him. He wasn't entirely sure why - he'd not been all that kind to her so far. He was relieved when the girl released him as she was distracted by a girl from Ravenclaw. Moonblood, her name was, if he remembered correctly.

Or, rather, she was distracted by the kitten in the girls bag. "I'm fairly certain cats aren't allowed in the shop." He said, coldly.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:57 am

Piper continued to poke his paw out to smack at the fabric, Eva rubbed his head before jumping when a little girl sneaked up on her spotting Piper Oh great, she thought at first not wanting to get in trouble for sneaking a kitten in the store. "Hello." Eva said quietly as the little girl reached out to pet Piper, the small little kitten purred rubbing his head against the girl's arm. When she asked about the kitten's name along with her's all the Ravenclaw did was smile a little "His name is Piper, and Mine is Evaine but you could call me Eva."

Shivering seeing the male teacher was he again? Behind the girl sounding cold when he said pets wasn't allowed in the store 'I-I know but please don't tell. I couldn't leave him alone back at the castle." she begged, knowing Piper he would eat up Jim's shoelace and knock things over
Back to top Go down
Alistair Darling

Alistair Darling

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:26 am

He raised an eyebrow at the small creature. He'd never had a pet, they required a lot of work, and considering how much time he spent studying and working, he'd be incapable of providing that level of work for them. He stared at it with vague curiousity. It was a small thing, clearly still very young. He was not surprised that Jane was so enraptured by it. But it was still not allowed. He glanced up at the girls face, noticing her anxious face. Really, she shouldn't have brought the animal in with her, and if she was liable to getting so attached then she should have known better than to get the pet, and spare herself from the extra stress.

When she started begging, he felt a twinge of annoyance. He disliked it when people begged, it made them look so petty and spineless. He did not value bravery or stubborness above cowardice, or common sense, and sometimes being weak was an advantage, but when it was not necessary to, it irked him that people chose the weaker path. She was simply degrading herself. "Why would I be willing to help you? I don't even know you. What could you offer me?"
Back to top Go down
Jane Pevensie

Jane Pevensie

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:22 am

Jane watched the interaction between Alistair and Evaine curiously, the male was certainly being rude to the female and she surmised he didn't know much of manners in social situations. Perhaps she could teach him how to interact properly with others! Well, that was a splendid idea, and then he could make friends and wouldn't have to go around with such lonely eyes.

"Oh Eva, don't worry, Alistair doesn't mean it," Jane waggled her finger at him as if telling him off before turning back to the friendly Ravenclaw girl. "We won't tell on you." She smiled and nodded, before continuing to pet the small, furry bundle. "Besides, he is too adorable to surrender to a room on his own." She shook her head as if the thought were disgusting to her, before rising slowly.

"Alistair, I've decided I am going to train you in the art of polite conversation," Jane flashed him a toothy grin. "Because I don't think it's nice for you to have no friends." She stated matter of factly. "And in exchange, I shall call you by your full name, if that pleases you." She smiled, thinking the deal was quite fair - if anything, it was more unfair on Jane, as she didn't receive anything for herself from the deal. Alistair won both ways. For one, Jane would no longer annoy him with the abbreviation of Ali, and for two, he would be taught how to converse so he could make friends easier in the future. He would be her new project. She grinned mischievously up at him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]   Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Something to wear for the Masquerade Ball [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1