Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the letter

Go down 
AuthorMessage

the letter Empty
PostSubject: the letter   the letter EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Pippa woke up slowly, rubbing her eyes as an insistent tapping interrupted her sleep. She padded across her small room and opened the window, allowing the little sooty owl to jump onto her arm. Her dad had requested (quite gruffly, him being him) that all owls come at night so as to not draw any suspicion to their little cottage. Pippa giggled as the little owl walked up her arm and nuzzled it’s head into her shoulder, extending it’s foot. Owls, unless the special Ministry kind, didn’t care who took the letter as long as it came off. The redhead sleepily undid the string and took the Hogwarts letter that had been securely wrapped to the leg. She reached into a nearby drawer and fed the owl some pellets before putting her arm out of the window again and letting the little thing fly away. Tossing the thing onto the desk and closing the window, the girl shuffled back to bed.

“wake up! Pippa, wake up!” she treaded the waters of her dreams, floating slowly to the distant sound of her parent’s voices. “Pippa for the love of mercy open your eyes” she yawned and cracked an eye open, looking half reproachfully at her mother and father. “what? I was sleeping” Argus grabbed her shoulder and yanked her out of bed, shoving the letter from last night into her face. “Do you know what this is? Do you have any idea?” she took the letter and looked at it. It was addressed to her. A Hogwarts letter addressed to her. Pippa looked up at her mother and father, the beginnings of a joyous smile on her face. “you mean-” Argus laughed and lifted his little girl high into the air, spinning her around. “that’s right my dear, you’ve been accepted into Hogwarts!” Pippa squealed in delight, hugging both her parents when she was set down. “Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! This is so amazing! I didn’t think they’d let me in!” she laughed and spun around the room in a little dance.

Irma looked at her daughter with pride, her bony hands clasped together to the point of white knuckles. “We are so proud of you, Pip. Now, time to prepare the letters. Your aunts and uncles will be so proud of you!” the thin woman came forward and hugged her daughter tightly. “we were so hoping you could come. Oh Pippa, you have made us so proud” with that and an uncharacteristic wet gleam in her eyes the librarian stood up quickly and bustled out of the room. Pippa looked at her dad, grinning. “so I finally get to join you and mom huh? I can’t wait!” she clapped her hands happily. “I’m so glad they decided to take me, even though” Argus patted her shoulder. “Pippalene, you are a talented girl with an extraordinary gift. They would have been losing a great opportunity not taking you!” with that he, too left Pippa’s room and hurried out to join his wife.

Pippa flopped onto her bed, opening and reading the letter. And then rereading it, and reading it again. She couldn’t believe it, this had to be one of the greatest moments of her life! Although…Emily would miss her. That made Pippa frown. Emily was her neighbor and best friend. But she was also a muggle. They wouldn’t be going to the same school….she sighed. Oh, well. She could tell Em all about it during holidays when the school year started. Oh, she couldn’t wait! She began singing a little song to herself, changing the words a little to suit her. “hey-ho I’m Pippa, Pippa eye oh ay! Hey ho I’m Pippa, Pippa hip hooray! And oh I’m as happy as can bee~”

The new school year couldn’t get here fast enough.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

the letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: the letter   the letter EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:20 am

I'm so glad you put Emily on that!!! *-*
Back to top Go down

the letter
Page 1 of 1