Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS)

Go down 
+3
Penelope Baudelaire
Waycca Louise
Akasha Wynters
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Akasha Wynters

Akasha Wynters

MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS) Empty
PostSubject: MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS)   MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:30 pm

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS.

I AM SHOCKED AND APPALLED.
BUT SHE MAKES A DAMN GOOD POINT.
WHAT HAVE I BEEN WATCHIIIINNNNG?
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS)   MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS) EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:11 am

SHIT I KNOW KHAY

I SAW THAT ON BRYARLY'S CHANNEL AND

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS)   MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS) EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:20 am

Well shit, man.
I definitely hate the similarities (because Twilight is a pile of dung)
though, the differences do definitely set it apart to the point where I'm more acceptable of DW.
BUT SERIOUSLY WTF MAN. MOFFAT. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS)   MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS) EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:24 am

Oh dear God. *headdesk* Although now that she points this out, I feel kinda dumb for not seeing it before. I used to be quite the Twilight fan before I was like "What the hell am I reading? This is bullshit." XD
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS)   MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS) EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:13 am

It all makes sense D=

Seriously hating this new series so much, Amy has become SUCH a Bella.. Bella being my new term for Mary Sue XD It's irritating. DAMN YOU MOFFAT!!!!!

My friend tried to tell me how silly it was that all these Dr Who fans hate Moffat for his raping of the series considering he didn't write them all. I almost punched her Razz
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS)   MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS) EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:29 am

Unfortunately I am more than aware of this. And if you were to check my tumblr, and the tags 'amy pond' and 'steven moffat' you'd notice lots of very ugly, very angry rants.

Believe me, I am not one of those obnoxious fans who think Steven Moffat is sexist, or homophobic, but he does have a tendancy of fucking up those roles when he encounters them. He's not necessarily against either parties, he just isn't very good at dealing with them and their respective issues and when people confronted that fact, he just shoved his fingers in his ears and sang 'la la la la la~'

I do think, however, that Moffat is a god-awful writer and incredibly arrogant about his work. The combination of the two makes me sick, (especially when he makes dumb comments about women, asexuals etc. despite not necessarily offensive - they are just incredibly ignorant and reflect his lack of concern/respect and his inability to learn.)

His ideas are tacky and unoriginal and he over-dramatises everything. Come on now, really?

As for Amy, well, she's always been a Sue - let's be honest. She got away with it in Series 5 because she actually had some value and wasn't just there to be the damsel in distress/eyecandy. The only times she is ever impressive is when somebody OTHER than Moffat writes her (e.g. In Dinosaurs she showed more reliability and intelligence and personality than she had all of Series 6. It was off-putting, though, since it was such a sudden, random change and it was so unbelievable since Moffat had broken her down into just a pair of legs, and no brain and certainly no spirit.)

Yes, in Series 5 she had personality, but then Moffat must have run out of inspiration, or had been so driven by his huge SILENCE WILL FALL plotline that he just disregarded her. I don't know. Maybe it was always planned that once Amy got a ring on her finger she'd lose everything that made her her. Little Amelia Pond had potential, then Moffat threw it away by making Amy Pond the Girl Who Waited; waited for her knight in shining armour, rather than the Girl Who Dreamed; a girl who could have dreamed of adventuring and being the hero, because surely she'd rather BE the Doctor than be WITH him?

I could go on and on about this but it'll just piss me off, hopefully my comments were at least a little bit interesting?

Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS)   MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS) EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:27 am

lol, I noticed this as soon as River's backstory was introduced and so stopped watching this particular incarnation of the doctor XD I still watch th older stuff though. and it's sad, because I loved when they introduced Rivers and her angst with the doctor not knowing her and sacrificing herself for him, and all that, and thought that her back story would be better and less confusing XD ah, well. maybe if they get rid of Moffat with the next incarnation and start with some awesomness again I won't mind so much (but I'll still pretend 11 never happened)
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS)   MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS) EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:21 pm

I'd like to not pretend 11 never happened, to be honest. Matt Smith is genuinely wonderful and a really great actor and I actually enjoy the Eleventh incarnation for the most part. (Save when Moffat gives him deliberately sexist sounding lines which I am certain is just to be spiteful to his haterz.)

Such a shame. Matt/Eleven had potential...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS)   MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS) Empty

Back to top Go down

MIND = BLOWN. (TAG: ANY AND ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS)
Page 1 of 1