Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

(tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

(tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind Empty
PostSubject: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:26 pm

Fionn poured on the speed as he practiced for the upcoming match. he needed to be on the top of his game and the thoughts in his head he wanted beaten out by the rain. the young man gritted his teeth as he pushed soaking hair out of his face for the thousandth time. he was getting frozen and his fingers were numb but no way was he stopping just yet
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Molly sighed, standing right inside of the changing rooms. The rain was pouring down much heavier than it had been when she had come down here. She had only just recently gotten released from the Hospital Wing; the attacks still fresh in the school's mind. Things still seemed to be wound tight between people, especially those attacked and those who were doing the attacking. Molly knew it wasn't Waycca's fault, she had been under a spell, and she had made sure to tell her that as many times as she could.

Molly let out a sigh, gripping her Nimbus 1700 in her hands. Her skin had finally cleared up from the boils, all scarring gone completely - thank goodness. Magical medicine was definitely the best. Molly groaned as she stretched; she was still a bit sore and some exercise would definitely do her some good, but this rain looked horrid.

Molly straddled her broom, her Gryffindor sweatshirt getting wet already as well as her dark blue jeans, though they attempted to keep her as warm as they could. Molly took off into the air, zooming up high. The rain drenched her, her long red hair getting soaked. When she got up there, she noticed someone zoom past her unknowingly. Molly blinked, squinting her blue eyes. She knew that person; she knew that person very well. "FIONN!" She yelled as he zoomed by. She leaned forward, flying after him. She was out here to clear her mind; what in the world was he doing out here?
Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:35 pm

"FIONN!"

Fionn halted abruptly in midair and looked over his shoulder, squinting at the other person, trying not to curse. of all the people he had to interact with here, it had to be her. "Redbird" he greeted, looking her up and down. he'd heard what had happened, at least she was alright. "you look better. least there's no scars, I'm sure the mirrors would have started breaking if there were!" alright, a little mean, but he wasn't letting her know that he'd been genuinely worried about her.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:53 pm

"Oi, shut your trap Blondie," Molly frowned, pushing his broom lightly with her foot. The rain did not halt as they hovered high above the quidditch field and Moll had to push her hair out of her face in an attempt to see better. "At least breaking mirrors isn't a normal thing for me like it is for you," she quipped. She didn't really mean it, but that was just how they interacted. It was part of their "sometimes I can get along with you and sometimes I wanna beat you to a pulp" relationship. Had been since year one and she wouldn't change it for the world.

Molly leaned forward slightly, holding on tight to her broom. The rain made it a bit difficult, but years of playing quidditch made Molly skilled enough not to fall off. "Leave it to two Gryffindors to be flying about in this rain. What in the hell are you doing up here anyway?" Molly questioned him, raising one of her eyebrows.
Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:51 pm

"at least I do it with style. you'd just make a mess with all the glass" he returned, happy for a little normalcy. he rolled his eyes. "beating thoughts out of my head in the torrent. what are you doing, redbird? birdies don't fly well in storms" although she looked more like a wet cat than a bird at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:44 am

"Oh yes, I would, wouldn't I? The glass would fly everywhere," Molly flourished, "but at least my beautiful face does not do that." Molly smirked for a moment before sticking her tongue out at him.

Molly snorted. "I seem to be doing pretty fine Blondie, better than you anyway," Molly said in a sing-song voice, flying a circle around him before hovering in her original position. "But interestingly enough, it was my own thoughts that brought me out here. Decided to clear them; flying is always the best for that, even in the rain."
Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 am

he shrugged. "I needed the shower anyway. besides, it's always raining where I'm from, I always do well in the water, even when I don't" he stuck his tongue out at her and then flew tight loops around her and her broom. "so we both came out here because of our thoughts? well...damn. we think alike. stop copying my ideas!"

((jeez they play out like an old married couple or brother and sister XD I love them!))
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:56 am

"Yeah, I can smell your stench from here," Molly quipped. Molly held tightly onto her broom, ducking slightly as Fionn looped around her tightly. "Oh, yes, sure you do Blondie, sure you do. I'd hate to deflate your ego or anything like that." Moll waved her hand about mindlessly. She was always one to talk with her hands; she wasn't exactly sure why, but she did.

"Me? Copying your ideas? Oh, honey, I don't think so. I'd say great minds think alike... but, we all know that a certain male lacks that greatness," Molly teased. "I guess it's just the insane nature of a Gryffindor. Ravenclaws would be too smart to come out in the rain, Slytherin's too worried they'd get their hair wet, maybe a Huffer would, but I don't see any out here. So, how about we just conclude that us Gryffindor's all have a screw loose... some more than others, eh Fionn?" Molly chuckled.

[omg, I know. xDD Their friendship is one of the bests, really! Hahaha. <3]
Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:50 am

"you're the one looking like a drowned rat, redbird" he pointed out. "I'm still looking fine, even though I've been out here a few hours longer than you!" he rolled his eyes. "great minds, or extremely batty ones" he retorted, not at all bothered by being called crazy. "I saw one, but they were heading for a swim in the lake" because Hufflepuffs were insane. "and of coarse we do! there's a reason Nearly Headless Nick is only nearly headless, you know" he smiled and flipped upside down on his broom, looking up at her through the rain. "careful of that ego, sweetie. or it won't be a broom keeping you high in the air!"

((always cheers me up when they interact XD))
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:46 pm

"Excuse me?" Molly raised an eyebrow. She flipped her drenched red hair over her shoulder dramatically. "I think I look fabulous, as always." She then paused, had he said he'd been out here for a few hours? That was crazy; she wasn't even sure she was that crazy. Enough for maybe a half hour or an hour and a half tops. Other than that she'd probably get a nasty cold and wind up back in the Hospital Wing with an angry Madame Pomfrey on her hands.

Molly snorted and nodded. Yes, she'd probably label the Gryffindor's as batty as well, but batty in the best possible way. "The lake? Really? How stupid can they be?" Molly scoffed, turning to look in the direction of the lake. She wouldn't even swim in the lake during a bright sunny day, let alone a rainy one. It wasn't exactly the cleanest or safest place to swim.

Molly let out another snort as Fionn flipped upside down. She rolled her eyes and copied, but only to show him that she could to anything he could. "Aw, don't worry about my ego Blondie. I tend to take in small amounts of criticism just to keep it in check. Like, did you know, that I can't cook to save my life? Honestly. I must be the worst cook in the world." Molly let out a small laugh. She really couldn't. Which was probably a problem if she were to ever live alone... which she probably would be sooner or later... more likely sooner than later... like by the end of this year or the beginning of the next.

[bahaha, same here! They're like an instant pick me up! xD]
Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:10 pm

"you can't wash clothes properly either" he stated dryly. he'd once made a bet with her that she couldn't do ordinary chores without magic and she'd taken it. and like he expected, she couldn't even do simple things well. like washing. personally he thought it was wholly ironic, but who was he to judge? she'd grown up differently than him. "you can't organize things right, I have to help you with potions, so good thing I'm you're partner there-though I'm still pissed about the cauldron of corrosive liquid that ate my books. why did you not follow the directions, anyway?" he sighed dramatically and spit out the water that had dripped into his mouth. "how's yer family, red bird?"
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:29 pm

"Whoa, whoa, whoa Blondie, slow down. We don't want to deflate my ego that much," Molly pouted. Though, he was right. Laundry was difficult for her without magic - actually, everything was difficult for her without magic. She was raised using it all the time, so she never truly had to worry. And when she wasn't using it, her grandmother or grandfather or even on occasion the maid would do it. She supposed she'd have to learn eventually, though, and by eventually she meant soon.

"What d'you mean why didn't I follow directions? I followed them exactly! The book was written wrong," Molly huffed. Okay, so perhaps she had accidentally skipped a step... and then perhaps some of the corrosive liquid ate Fionn's books... and perhaps she might have laughed about it, for say an hour or so while trying to apologize at the same time. She did end up replacing them for him, though, she wasn't cruel about it. She just thought it was amusing. "Oh Fionn, where would I be without you to help me with the small things in life?" Molly asked, putting a hand dramatically to her forehead and pretending to swoon - which was difficult while being upside down.

When Fionn asked how her family was, Molly straightened out so she sat right side up again. She gave him a light shrug. "Good, I suppose." For the current, here-and-now, she wasn't lying... not for the most part anyway. Her grandmother was slipping more and more away with each passing week and there was nothing that could be done about it. It hurt her, a lot, to see her grandmother like that, but she was still alive and therefore couldn't complain. She wasn't completely forgotten yet either, just recognized more as her mother now than ever before. And her Uncle and cousin were doing wonderfully. They were some of the best people in her life.

"How's yours?" Molly asked back. She thought for a moment, trying to remembered the names she had been told once or twice before. "How's, oh, uhm... Ardan, was it? He doing any better?" She questioned. Fionn had told her toward the beginning of the year that he had been getting bullied. It was a shame, really. "Oh, and how're the twins?" She couldn't remember their names exactly, knowing they both started with M's and that they had wanted her to come over for winter break or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:42 pm

“Arven” he corrected her as he too flipped right side up. “He’s doing alright, I think. Wouldn’t really talk to anyone, introspective little twat…but I did hear interesting stories from mothers of his bullies, so he’s holding his own” Fionn smirked. “Which pair? I’m the brother of three pairs of twins and one pair of quadruplets. If you mean the oldest pair, then they’re doing fine. The one wanting you over finally got himself a girl, thanks be to god, and the other is adopting. The magic twins are…alright….they’re in St. Mungo’s at the moment… an accident with an old well…” although he didn’t believe his gram’s account of them simply falling.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:50 pm

"Arven, Arden, I was close," Molly gave a shrug. She always did her best to try and remember, but sometimes names got a bit fuzzy in her head - which is why she always gave people nicknames. She enjoyed using nicknames more often than their real names - like Blondie, for instance. Molly let out a snort. "Well, that's good I suppose."

Molly let out a groan, running her hands over her face. "Fionn," she drug out, "You have too many siblings for me to keep track of. Seriously." She let out a small laugh. She figured it must be nice to have so many siblings... she didn't have any. An only child, though she had her younger cousin, which was nice. Still, though, a sibling would have been really nice... "Oh, well that's good news, for the both of them. Tell them congrats for me... and I hope he wasn't too upset that I wasn't able to make it."

Molly's face fell. "Oh no," she let out a small gasp. An accident with an old well? That sounded like something out of a fairy tale gone wrong. "But, they're okay, right?" She questioned. He had said they were alright, but still... she shivered, the thought was scary.
Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:52 am

he raised an eyebrow. “right. So ‘battle worthy’ and ‘truly eager’ are similar,” he stated, giving the meanings of both names. “yea, it’s good. He’s proving he doesn’t need me anymore to fight his battles for him” though it made Fionn a little sad, his baby brother was growing up. “eh, you can have a few, seriously. It would be…safer “ he winced and shrugged. With gram, life was not safe for any magically-inclined people at their house. He knew that one for a fact. “well… Regan was in a light coma, but he’s come out, though the fractured wrist is giving them some problems…they think he’s willing it not to heal so he and his twin can get out of the hospital at the same time. and Rowena broke her arm and leg, which are healing nicely” he smiled slightly and shrugged again. “they’re strong kids, Molly. It takes more than a few falls down a well to off any of the Causer clan”
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 6:50 am

"Oh, whatever," Molly waved her hand out in front of her. "I don't know the meaning of all names, thank you very much." Actually, she didn't know the meaning of most names. Molly gave him a soft smile. "Hey, well, I'm sure he learned it all from you. Not sure how reassuring that is for other people though..." Molly pursed her lips. Fionn could be quite the brute, and whenever he was Molly gave him hell for it.

Molly was about to let out a small laugh about the sibling comment, but she held it back when she saw him wince. She offered a small smile, but curiously wondered if it was really that bad at Fionn's home. She didn't know many of the details, it wasn't as if Fionn openly talked to her about them. She couldn't even imagine what that would be like, though, and she wished there was some way she could help.

Moll chuckled, scratching her nose. "Yeah, well, I'm glad they're okay," she leaned forward a bit, gripping her broom.
Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:17 pm

he chuckled. "hey, me, and all his older brothers, and his sister going into semi-pros for women''s wrestling, thank you. I don't think any one of the younger ones are what you'd consider really 'weak' just 'meek'" he shrugged. "hey, what's the face for? I think it's quite a good idea to be willing to scrap, less people willing to take him on" although whether that was really true or not Fionn would have to get back to her on that.

he smiled slightly. "yea, I am too. honestly, I want to keep my siblings. dunno what I'd do without those two knuckle-headed twins
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Molly rolled her eyes. "Oh, do you now? Well, I think for protection and defense, fighting is fine. Other than that," Molly shrugged. She had always been like that. She hardly ever fought physically, only ever in a joking manner or if she were defending herself or someone else and even then she tried to avoid it.

"Yes, I can imagine. It must be nice, to have siblings," Molly smiled, giving a light shrug. She looked up a bit, the rain still coming down. She didn't want to get to mushy about the whole idea. She took in a breath. She let out a noise and pushed Fionn's broom slightly. "So, were you able to clear your thoughts?" She questioned.
Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 pm

“yes really” the whole fighting had really started as self-defense, but the more he fought to protect himself, the more people thought he was simply lashing out, and he slowly settled into the role people thought he had. And now it was too comfortable to leave.

He snorted. “say that when you’re looking for missing socks, and fighting to get to the kitchen before someone nabs your toast, and there’s three or four kids hanging off your arms back and legs. And sometimes neck. But mostly back” his eyes softened slightly. “I’d really miss it if someone took them away. They’re a bloody pain, but they’re mine, you know?” he raised an eyebrow. “a few minutes talking to you and all my thoughts died due to starvation of intelligence”
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Molly smiled, that actually didn't sound all that bad to her. Currently it was just her, her grandmother, and Ted - the nurse - in their big old house. It felt so empty and when her grandmother and Ted leave, it will just be her. Having someone or a few people to share it with would be incredibly nice, even if that meant the occasional fighting and kids hanging off of different limbs. Molly gave him a small shrug. "Yeah, I guess. I have my cousin, but he's definitely more tame than that," Molly snickered.

Molly let out a gasp, dramatically placing her hand to her chest - noting silently to herself how soaked her sweater was. "Excuse me, Blondie, but I'm pretty sure my grades are even, if not better than yours. Your starvation of intelligence is not coming from me, darling," told him, sticking her nose up in the air, and looking away. Hogwarts really needed a drama club or something; she'd definitely excel in that.
Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:26 pm

“like I said, take a few. Seriously. Even if it’s just for a short time-or, if you want, the offer for you to stay with my family still stands” he sighed dramatically. “because you’re so much more advanced in our classes. I hold the same grades love. You should be in drama. With all your dramatics and antics” he snickered. “I’d pay to see you play the scarecrow in Wizard of Oz, come to think of it. With all his bobbing and falling about, and moaning about needing a brain!” he cackled.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Molly stared at him for a minute, as if debating the pros and cons of ever staying over at Fionn's house. She gave a light shrug. "Alright, Blondie, maybe I'll take you up on that offer one of these days," She smiled before letting out a chuckle. "Of course, I think I'd do brilliantly, of course." Moll let out another gasp - the Wizard of Oz had been one of the few muggle stories that she actually knew, and quite loved. Her uncle had gotten her the book when she was still quite little. "The Scarecrow? I'm totally Dorthy worthy. There's no place like home; there's no place like home." she acted out before breaking out in a few small giggles. "Fionn, let's start a drama club! I can be the star... and you... can be my understudy," she teased lightly.
Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:46 am

he blinked at her reply. she'd never accepted his offers before. "great! The quadruplets will love you. And possibly the magic twins. I’ve told them stories about Hogwarts for years and I know the quadruplets’ favorite person is you. They love stories about you, so finally meeting you would be a dream come true for them” he chuckled, then coughed and stared at her. A drama club? With that and quittitch, how was he going to fit in violin practice? Muggle studies. He could always practice when he was supposed to work on that. He’d make it work. “understudy? With this face? Baby, I’m a star” he laughed. “right, you’d have to pass it by a teacher, and start recruiting…I could always toss a few kids into the practice room, but doubt they’d stay long”
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:27 am

Molly raised one of her eyebrows. She was someone's favorite person from his stories? Wow, she hadn't actually expected that and tried to tune down her large grin to just a simple smile. "Oh, well then, I guess it would be my honor to meet them. It's kind of like having a little fan club, huh, this sounds more and more wonderful by the minute. Geez, Blondie, if you had mentioned this sooner I may have visited much earlier," she teased.

Moll snorted. "Yes, darling, you keep thinking that; I'd hate to burst your bubble or anything." Molly then let out a groan. "Oh man, that sounds like sooooo much work." She wouldn't even know what teacher would want to start a drama club. She had caught wind of a music club, started by one of her Uncle John's friends, but Molly wasn't really musically inclined... well, she had a decent voice and used to play the piano... but that was before... She just didn't do any of that anymore. "Fionn, I'm lazy, why don't you do that for me," she batted her eyelashes at him.
Back to top Go down
Fionn Causer

Fionn Causer

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:35 am

"because I never would have heard the end of it" he said gloomily. "oh, because you're so much better looking than I am. and hell no! do it yourself! I've got enough on my plate without having to do that! ask your uncle for help, honestly"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind   (tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind Empty

Back to top Go down

(tag anyone) a flight to clear the mind
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next