Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 4:29 am

( OOC: Awesome ^^ )

Lyn lifted her head and looked at the black-haired woman who had talked to her. "No, I'm a third year already.", she answered raising an eyebrow. "I'm Jiquelyn. Nice to see you.", Lyn gave her a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 4:47 am

Evaine blinked again 'Third year huh why haven't i seen her before.' she thought to herself, smiling back at the girl "Nice to meet you Jiquelyn, I'm Evaine."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:14 am

"Nice to meet you Evaine.", Lyn nodded. She closed her book and layed it on her stomach, looking at Evaine and waiting for something.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:06 am

Brie looked over at the blonde newcomer, twirling a strand of her hair around her finger. She looked younger than what she had indicated herself to be, and it kind of blew some fuses in Brie's brain. If she was a third year, why hadn't she seen her before? Although, she hadn't noticed Jim or Evaine, much less Todd before either.

"Hi there," Bri said, offering a warm smile, "I'm Brieanne, Brie for short. Sorry to make you repeat yourself, didn't quite hear you before.. what was your name again?"
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:48 am

Todd tried a reassuring smile, shaking his head. "Alright, then, I'll 'protect' - but I'm honestly not sure how I'd react if something capable of flight and covered with scales came at me, either," he conceded. "Might wanna invest in a better bodyguard."

He glanced up as a blonde entered the common room. He nodded in greeting, cocking his head when he heard that she was a third year. He felt kind of bad for that, though; it wasn't like she could help her young appearance or the fact that Todd had never seen her before. He hadn't noticed much of anyone before this year. Except for a very select few last year. "And I'm Todd. Hi."

Last edited by Todd Cross on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:08 am

"Oh, her name's Molly," Jim replied, answering Evaine's question. "She's in Gryffindor, a chaser. We met on the train, actually. You should have seen her and Fionn go at it. It was pretty great. Todd can tell you about it too." He gestured towards him. "He was there." It had been pretty cool to watch. Plus, Molly had stuck for him.

Jim glanced over when he saw Evaine talking to someone else. A third year, from what the younger girl said. It seemed like everyone else was eager to introduce themselves, so Jim did the same. "I'm Jim," he said simply, giving a little wave. Despite Jiquelyn being young, Jim's usual walls came up again now that he was talking with someone he didn't know much about.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:22 am

Evaine turned her attention back towards Jim, resting her chin her arm "I heard about her, maybe after one of our classes we can go try finding her?" she asked then blinked seeing Jim all quiet, laughing Evaine stood back up walking towards him "She's not going to bite Jim.". She put her hand out towards him "Why don't you come sit with us, please Jimmy-kins." she asked but wasn't going to push him into doing things he didn't want to do.

Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:23 am

[OOC: I'm bored, so. xDD Yeah. n_n The song Brie's singing is by one of my favorite artists <333 here's the link: [Only admins are allowed to see this link] it does reflect her feelings about her lost childhood and the effect that being a witch has put on her.. much like Muggle life! 8D ]

"Hey guys, wanna hear a song I've been writing?" Brie asked, not even waiting for a response 'til she was at the piano, ready to play. "I wanted someone to hear it. Means a lot to me, y'know? Anyway, it's not finished, but here goes."

Her fingers started to lightly hit the keys, the girl closing her eyes and becoming one with the piano.

Once in a while I act like a child to feel like a kid again
It gets like a prison in the body I'm living in
Cause everyone's watching and quick to start talking, I'm losing my innocence
Wish I were a little girl without the weight of the world

It would be nice to start over again
Before we were men
I'd give, I'd bend, let's play pretend

She stopped, stretching out her fingers, "Well? Whatdaya think?"
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:40 am

Jim nodded. "Yeah, we can do that." He chuckled at Evaine's statement. "Alright, alright." He went over and sat beside her. He hoped that Jiquelyn didn't think he was weird or anything, even though acting defensive was just a habit of his. Luckily, Brieanne started playing the piano and singing. He smiled as he listened. She was good, that much was clear. She seemed immersed in the song, like it was a part of her instead of just some random little tune. "You're good," he said. "I like it so far. Let us know when you finish writing it." He grinned at her.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:51 am

Todd smiled widely, impressed by his friend's skills. "Singing and good with instruments, hmm? You're becoming a bit of a virtuoso, Bri," he said. He glanced toward the window, realizing how close it was to class. He also came to the realization that he hadn't spent this much in the common room at daytime before; it was always night, the fireplace being the only beacon of light. "Um, sorry to be rude or whatever guys, but I've got to grab breakfast and work on a bit of potions." He stood, ducking his head as he exited the common room.
((so yeah sorry but i've got to be in another topic. blarg.))
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:04 am

She listened to Brie's smoothing voice, she smiled looking over at her. Her voice was so smoothing, calm, and the way she played the piano Evaine thought she should take music class like Jim said before. Giggling at Todd's comment, smiling at Jim's comment she nodded "Yes please Let us know, I want to hear the rest." she said, the only singing Eva's ever done was lullabies to children when she babysat over the summer. To her it was better than going home to a mother who yells and reminds Eva of her father's death.

Last edited by Evaine Moonblood on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:32 am

"No problem," Jim said to Todd. "See ya later." He gave a little wave as Todd left the room. It took Jim a moment to realize that he was the only guy left in the commonroom now, and he was actually surprised to see that it didn't bother him too much. Maybe it was because two of the girls were Brieanne and Evaine, and Jim was cool with them. He looked at Evaine for a moment, who was still smiling at hearing Brieanne's song. "Do you do any musical-like stuff?" he asked. "I tried playing the guitar once, ended up completely failing at it and accidentally turning it into a laundry basket. My dad didn't let me near it again." He gave a little laugh.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:50 am

"See ya later Todd.' She waved before leaning her head back to rest her eyes. Hearing Jim asking her if she do any musical-like stuff, Eva looked towards him thinking about it for a moment "Hmm.." Evaine giggled, playfully hitting Jim with her elbow at him using a guitar as a laundry basket "I can play piano, I tried playing the violin once.. Ended up being thrown at my sisters boyfriend for breaking her heart. Far as singing.. I sing lullabies to children." she said, rubbing her arm, "So what are your parent's like Jim."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:59 am

Jim laughed at the violin part of Evaine's story, but the piano and singing part caught his interest. "Hmm, maybe you and Bri should do a duet together or something," he said. "I think it'd be pretty cool." He blinked for a moment, surprised at her question. "My parents? Um...I guess they're like any other kind. They fight sometimes, don't know what to do with me, but I know they're doing the best they can. At least they're there if I need them." He glanced at Evaine. "Why do you ask? Just for curiosity's sake?"
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Brieanne nodded at all their comments, the sunlight illuminating her brown skin, "I sure will let you know. Thanks for listenin'.. and yes, we should do a duet sometime! It'd be a change from just me and my lonesome," she said gratefully, turning around to gaze at the courtyard. (OOC: Or whatever's below Ravenclaw's Common Room xDD)

The girl rubbed her arms, thinking of all the things she'd experience this year. It was already proving to be way better than the previous ones, and she was glad for that. She looked over at Evaine and Jim, half-smiling, "What was the giggle for, Moonie?" she asked, wondering why she giggled right after Todd said something.

She then waved at Todd as he left, leaving Brie to her thoughts, which was kind of a bad thing since they had a tendency to upset her.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:09 pm

"Hmm, Maybe what you think Brie?" she asked "But I'll have to work on not getting nervous in front of people if I want to sing." she said twirling her hair threw her fingers. She blinked for a moment "yell i told you about my dad and a little about my mother. I just thought you wouldn't mind if i asked about your parents, but if I offended you in any way, Im sorry." there she went saying 'Im sorry' again.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:13 pm

"No, no, I didn't mind. I just...wondered, that's all," Jim said, hoping he hadn't come off too brash when he had asked that question. He wondered if Evaine was a little envious that his parents were pretty normal while hers...weren't, for lack of a better term. Heck, one of hers wasn't even living anymore. Jim didn't get along with his dad sometimes, but he knew he would be crushed if he lost him.

Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:22 pm

"Well I can't wait to meet them, if they let me come with you for Christmas." she said, smiling a bit before looking up towards Brie seeing she was lost in her thoughts "Hey come sit with us brie you look lonely." she picked up the pillow next to her playfully throwing it at Brie to break her from her thoughts. "Now your turn." she grinned, she blinked for a moment "I do have one song I've been working on if you want to hear it." she spoke looking at Brie then Jim
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:43 pm

The pillow hit Brie in the back of the head, not hurting her, but was enough to make her gasp as well as jump out of her skin, "..Huh?" she said, being jolted from her thoughts, "I look lonely..?"

She blinked, feeling a bit out of place, "I'm just gonna stay over here. I'm a bit cold and the sunlight's warming me up," she said, looking down at the carpeting. The song she was writing made her think about her life, and she always felt a bit melancholy after she ran through what she had written. To be put plainly, it was her only connection to her parents and her childhood before magic, and she wanted to hold on to it before it disappeared within her pool of memories.

"You two can go ahead and uh.. talk more," she said, directing it towards Evaine and Jim, "I'm just reflecting."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Jim's brow furrowed in worry. "Are you sure?" he asked, looking at Brieanne with concern. Was she being troubled by her thoughts again? It was something Jim was familiar with. When he was alone and didn't have much to do, thoughts he didn't like had a way of creeping into his head, mainly of what he was and how it had tainted his life forever. But it seemed like she wanted to be alone for a while and Jim didn't want to press her on anything she didn't want to talk about. He shrugged as he turned back towards Evaine. "What song have you been working on? Do we get to hear it?" He smiled.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Eva raised her eyebrow not wanting to give up but didn't want to press her on anything she didn't want to talk about. Evaine turned her body around facing Jim crossing her legs, she thought about her song for a moment before speaking "Something I've been working on for over five years, I might let you guys hear it but promise me not to laugh." she said, laughing a little before playfully hitting Jim with a pillow "Do that and I'll hit you all with a pillow." she stuck her tongue out
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:33 am

Jim gave a little cry of laughter as Evaine hit him with a pillow. "Eva, don't smother me before our first class," he joked. "We wouldn't want that to happen." And speaking of classes, Jim glanced at the clock and saw that it was time to go. "Hey, I think it's time for Defense Against the Dark Arts," he said as he stood up and grabbed his stuff. "I say we get going before we're late."
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:42 am

"Yeah i wouldn't want that, your to cute to be smother Jim." She smiled at him, blushing a bit. Eva blinked for a moment "Wow I didn't even realized how late it was." Eva stood up and grabbed her bag "Lead the way." she said, following Jim then turned her head towards Brie "You coming?"
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:03 am

"Yeah, yeah yeah, I'm coming.." she said quietly, getting up and smoothing out her dress. She hated how she felt, lost and alone again.. her mood swings were really taking a toll on her, and her quiet disposition was a clear example of the fact.

She ran a hand through her curled hair, grabbing up her books and went out the door, her eyes never leaving the ground. "Well, come on then. Don't want to be late, do we?"
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:38 am

Jim grinned. "Right behind ya, Bri." He hurried off after her, nearly tripping over a crack in the stone floor on the way out. But he managed to right himself before following Bri down the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))   First day ((waiting for the others to wake up)) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First day ((waiting for the others to wake up))
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next