Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] Empty
PostSubject: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:02 pm

[inspiration for the topic name:
]

A steady tapping intruded on the dead silence in the library. Brieanne sat in the corner of the establishment, initiating the noise from her quill. A blank piece of parchment laid unused in front of her, and she let out a small sigh as she looked down at her stomach. She didn't like it when people told her, but she really looked as if she was going to pop any minute. The pressure was overwhelming.. and the ever-present issue of her father burned her heart everyday.

She hadn't seen or heard from him since she had left, and that was a problem. Was he planning something horrendous? She didn't know, but she was utterly scared. Maybe it was just one of his mind tricks; 'I'll not talk to her for a while', he might've said, 'That'll sure scare her out of her wits.' Yes, that had to be the reason behind it. Reverse psychology.

Still tapping her quill against the wooden table, she put away the parchment and the book, ceasing her tapping and looking around the room. It was still, quiescent.. lonely. As much as she didn't like being alone, there was a part of her that actually enjoyed it, being to herself.. and she knew she wouldn't have much time to just focus on herself once the baby was born.

Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:24 pm

((Because these two haven't spoken in a long-ass time.))

Todd had been combing the school for any books on Ancient Runes. It was by far his worst class, and he desperately needed to read up on it(he seemed to live in fear that there would be a surprise quiz and didn't want to be unprepared).

He glanced around upon entering the library, brow furrowed at the deafening silence - no, not silence. The eerie quiet was occasionally punctured by a sharp, steady tapping. He tried to ignore it at first, not immediately spotting its source, and headed toward a shelf at random. It was only when the boy had gone a few steps when he saw her.

The anxiety that instantly set in on him didn't make sense, but the relief that accompanied it certainly did. He couldn't help the smile that sprang nervously to his face. "Uh...hey, Brie," he managed. It had been a while since he'd her, and this was only the second time he'd come across pregnant Brieanne. "What're you up to?"
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:41 pm

"Uh...hey, Brie."

Brieanne's eyes stayed glued on whatever they were looking at for a couple heartbeats after Todd had spoken to her. It was almost as if her mind had completely shut him out for those few moments, but she eventually turned her head and smiled, her rarely-seen dimples showing.

"Hi," said she, looking down at the still-empty parchment. She half-expected for it to be filled with mindless jibber-jabber, but it wasn't. "..What am I up to? I don't really know exactly.. just went for a walk and I ended up here. What about you? Studying or something?"
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:53 pm

Todd blinked, wondering for those few short moments whether she might not have heard him. But then she was smiling and he mirrored her, glad to see it. A smile was a good sign, right?

He wandered closer to the table she sat at, glancing at her piece of parchment only to find it empty of any words. "Yeah, actually - Runes is gonna kill me if I don't actually try this year," he sighed, resting his hands on the back of the chair opposite where she sat. "This seat taken?"
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:06 pm

Brieanne raised an eyebrow at him. "Runes? Well, you might wanna get on the studying train a bit early.. guess that's the reason why you're in here right now, but whatever." She put the tip of her quill in her mouth, starting to draw on the parchment paper. "By a ghost, maybe," said she cheekily, a slight laugh bubbling up from her throat. "Just kidding. Have a seat, Toddy."

It had been so long since her nickname for him had been said anywhere but in her mind. It sounded almost foreign, really.. but she didn't dwell on the thought much longer. "I talked to Jim a few days ago.. wasn't really a.. particularly happy conversation, but it was one nonetheless.. have you talked to the others any?"
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:18 pm

Todd stuck his tongue out at her snarky reply and slipped into the seat. "Well, I very much hope the hypothetical ghost doesn't mind me sitting on its lap," he mused, watching her as she doodled.

He remembered Jim mention having spoken to Brie, and it hadn't seemed to go so happily at all. "I actually happen upon Jimbo the other day by the lake, though it's been quite a while since I've seen Moonie around." It struck him now how much that nickname would also fit Jim, being a werewolf and all. "The Adorables seem to be the only ones spending too much time together these days. And here I thought we were well on our way to being a Ravenclaw clique." Of course there were various reasons behind the group's seperation, but he found he missed them nonetheless. He'd never had so many people to call his friend at once.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Brieanne shrugged her shoulders, smiling yet again. "Unless you feel short of breath or a pang of despair, I wouldn't worry about it," she joked, going back to the drawing on her paper. It was coming together nicely -- various feathers being formed on the edges of the paper. She decided to just let her mind go to work on drawing, knowing whatever came out of it would be good enough to occupy her time with.

"Well, you know where Moonie is.. probably sucking face with ol' Jimmyboy right now, I suspect," she quipped, putting her quill down for a moment. "I thought so to.. guess the times changed too quickly. I hope we don't stop talking to each other completely.. cause I do NOT wanna end up like those people on reunion shows on Muggle television where they haven't seen each other in so & so years."
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:50 pm

"Mm, well, those are the usual for me anyway, I don't think I'm too cocerned." Todd grinned, eyes flicking once again to her drawing as he wondered vaguely what it would turn out to be. "I'd say your rather good at that, ma'am," he commented, nodding toward the parchment.

"They're like a couple of bunnies, always cuddling and canoodling." He leaned back comfortably in his chair and crossed his arms over his chest. Oh, but would it not be great to be on TV, if only for a pitiful reunion?" Todd smirked, rather relieved they'd been able to slip into the usual back and forth; he'd feared it would be a bit more awkward than this.

((Annnd now I go to bed/read some Brontë Sisters.))
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:39 pm

Brieanne shook her head, a chuckle escaping her lips. She continued drawing out long limbs stemming out from a lanky body in the center of the parchment. "Thanks," she said, sketching out a dress on the paper as well.

She tried to contain her giggles at Todd's 'bunny' comment, but it was fairly useless. "Like bunnies, you'd say? I'd call them a couple of Cupid-infected little bears.. but I'd rather not be on TV just to be pitiful. I think people have seen enough of that side of me as it is," she finished, putting her chin in her right hand. "Don't smirk at me, Mister Cross. It makes me feel like you're up to something.. but when are you not?" she teased, grinning widely.

It had occurred to Brie a couple of times that she hadn't had any depressing thoughts for a couple of days, and it was odd.. really, really odd. She was used to it, feeling down all the time.. and now that she wasn't, it felt unbelievably weird.

(Goodnight dearie! c: )
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:39 am

"Meanwhile I'm a little attention sponge, so I probably wouldn't care as long as I get on TV," he said, eyes jumping from the parchment to her face. "As long as they get all my good angles and airbrush the hell outta my legs," he concluded with a wink.

Todd raised his eyebrows and grinned. "You should always assume I'm up to something, Brie," he replied, leaning his elbows on the table with a playful light in his eyes. "You're safer that way." He was really far too lazy to ever be up to something intricate, but it was nice to tease.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:32 am

"That you are, airbrushing your legs.. I don't think airbrushing by itself can even fix half of the problem there," said Brie, laughing at him. She ha almost forgotten how much she enjoyed herself with Todd.. and any of her friends, for that matter. It had been so long since she had been even the least bit okay.

"I already do assume you're up to something. You're breathing, aren'tcha? That's being up to something, isn't it?" she joked, tilting her head at him, "Althought, I miiight take it just a bit more seriously now that you've touched on the subject."
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:26 am

Todd chuckled, shaking his head at her. "Wowza, you can be so very cruel to me, Brieanne. That's it. No more 'Brie'. Having a nickname is a privilege that you earn by being nice to redheads, a privilege you have just lost, missy!" He wagged a disciplinary finger at her, all the while trying not to crack a smile.

"As you should. I'm a dangerous guy, no doubt about it," he said. "This kid took my lunch money one time in third grade and I just knew I had to get back at him." He leaned forward conspiratorially, as if he were about to lay out a huge secret of his. "So I stole his stickers. True story. I'm bad news."
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:39 am

"I would think a man like you could wave off such 'cruelties' like I've said," said Brieanne smartly, taking up a haughty accent. She pouted a bit as Todd wagged his finger at her. "Don't mock me so! You could hurt my feelings that way.. and that could ruin our friendship FOREVER!" she declared dramatically, supressing her laughter.

"Stickers? Oh my.. what was your punishment? Your snacktime being taken away? No naptime? No reccess? What, then?" Brieanne inquired, looking at him in interest.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:17 am

((Sorry it's taking so long between replies! Watching some ~spooky~ movies.))

"So could your insults on my flawless skin!" Todd countered, unable to hide his grin. "Now, we've got to come to a compromise! No more mean-y-ness, capische?"

He let go of a long sigh, shaking his head as if in despair over the memory. "Had to sit out of snack time for a week. It was pure torture. From then on, everyone knew I was a crook. No one sat by me during story time, and everyone was afraid I'd push 'em down on the jungle gym. Pure. Torture." He couldn't help a smirk lifting one side of his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:34 pm

((Yeah, I'm sorry too Dx Watching 13 going on 30 because I cannot watch scary movies without a group of people with me cause I'm a weenie. xD What are you watching?))

"Oh shut up, you big baby," teased Brie, sticking out her tongue at him. "Compromises are rarely done on my account, but I suppose that I could deal with making just one."

Brie pretended to blink back tears, a big doe-eyed look on her face. "Aww, poor dear.. troubled times in 3rd grade.. it's a wonder how you even managed to get such a great friend as I," said she proudly, giggling ensuing from the girl.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:05 pm

((I'm not actually watching anything particularly scary, just finished Ghostbusters and starting on Edward Scissorhands.))

"Good. I am flattered to be one of the loopholes in your hatred of compromises," he conceded, wrinkling his nose playfully at her.

"It truly is. You are a stand up citizen for taking me on a as an acquaintance," he replied solemnly. "It truly is a perplexing matter of how I have any friends at all."

((Short reply, sorry, but I'm watching Depp be adorable.))
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 2:15 pm

(OMGOSH EDWARD SCISSORHANDS IS JUST TOO CUTE! <3)

"You should be. I don't do that for just anybody," said Brieanne, drawing more details on the girl's ballerina-like feather dress.

"Everybody loves me, so anyone I befriend is automatically cool beans as well," she said proudly, shaking her head at herself. "That's a total lie.. heh, half the people around here don't even know I exist, and the half that do know me as 'that pregnant girl'."

A hand shot to her stomach in reaction to a series of kicking, Brieanne's eyes widening in excitement as she zipped to sit beside Todd, her hand grabbing his and placing it on her firm stomach, "Here, you feel her yet?" she asked excitedly, grinning.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:02 am

((IK! He's like a little scarred puppy with really sharp paws.))

Todd's eyebrows jumped up and he blinked repeatedly as his hand was pulled toward her belly. It dawned on him, suddenly, that he'd never felt a baby kick before. He'd never really thought about it either - very rarely had he ever even been around pregnant women, so there'd hardly been any need.

He found himself unsure of what to expect, wide eyes fixed on the spot his hand rested as he waited for a trace of movement. Would it be something ridiculously noticeable, or would he have to pay extra attention to distinguish Brie's breathing from her baby kicking?

"I don't think s- oh!" he suddenly exclaimed, grinning in amazement at the light momentary pressure against his palm. He'd never felt anything like it before. There it was again! He could just imagine a tiny foot paddling against the inside of Brieanne's stomach, and the thought made him smile even wider. "Th-that's amazing, Brie!"
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:48 am

Brieanne's face simply lit up with happiness. "Yeah, I know.. it is," said she gently, patting her stomach with her free hand, "Little angel's got a pair of legs on her, I can tell you that much. Sometimes if I lay on my back and just watch my stomach, I can see her foot when she kicks.. It's the oddest thing, but it's one of those moments that I'll cherish for the rest of my life."

She looked at her stomach again, smiling at it. "There are some days that I feel.. too far gone, but it's the good moments that outweigh the bad when you really look at it. I just didn't take the time to actually see that.."

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

(I just wanna hug him. <3)
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:11 am

Todd's gaze went back to Brie and he nodded, eyes bright. He was so happy to hear her talking like this - the baby would be a blessing, that much was obvious. "It must be incredible," he breathed, struggling to hide his amazement when he felt another kick. "I'm sure she'll be incredible." It was the first time he'd heard of the baby's gender, and Brieanne having a girl just seemed to fit.

"I'm really glad to hear you say that, Brie," he sighed, nodding slowly. "It's really, really good to know that. Sometimes it's easy to forget, that the good moments are what's important, but it really is true."
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:41 am

"God, I hope she'll be.." Brieanne said, biting her lip. "I just.. don't want her to have to go through what I did. I'd never wish this on my worst enemy.. like, ever. I want her to have the life I never did. A normal one, y'know?"

She softened her smile as Todd spoke again, the girl putting her hand on top of his and squeezing it momentarily. "It's REALLY easy, with all that's going on. My mind goes against me sometimes, but I'm trying my best, I really, really am. Good to know I still have you as a friend."
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 am

"No one'll ever lay a hand on her if the old Ravenclaw clique has anything to say about it," Todd replied firmly. He felt a surge of protectiveness toward the tiny person growing in his friend. "She'll be loved by so many people, and that's a guarantee."

He smiled, nodding again in affirmation. "Ditto," he agreed wholeheartedly. He really had missed her company, and was so glad that they seemed to be speaking again. His gaze traveled back to her stomach and he grinned widely as a thought sprang to mind. "Have you picked out a name for her yet?"
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 pm

"And that is why I love you.. guys" she quickly added, drawing in her lips for a moment. "I have so many hopes for her, I do.. and I have, actually."

She straightened herself up before she opened her mouth in a proud manner, "Alyvia Charity. Don't know if I want to keep the last name.. I might get it legally changed, but.. I wanted her middle name to be Charity because it literally means the voluntary giving of help, and that's something I never did want, help.. and I know I need it. It just means a lot to me, and I'm sure it will for her, too."
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:37 pm

Todd's eyes softened and he sat back in his chair. "We love you too, Brie." He smiled warmly. "Alyvia," he said, testing out the name. "It's a grand name." He was honestly so proud of her, speaking so optimistically but still realistically, and he was suddenly so sure she'd be a great mother that it didn't seem like there was anything to worry about at all - of course, there was still her father to think about, but he knew Brie's friends would do everything in their power to keep Alyvia far away from him. "You are going to be a perfect mother, I just know it," he said earnestly, quite certain of it.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:11 pm

"Good.. and thank you, really. I've just been thinking about the questions she'll have when she gets older.. like who her father is, if I loved him, and.. stuff like that. Maybe I'll just.. try to get around the subject as best I can until I can tell her," said Brie, putting her chin in the palm of her hand.

"It's so frustrating because I don't know. I've been really worried, but a few seconds later I'm happy and then sad again. I guess it's pregnancy hormones, but.. ugh, it gets tiring after a while. Especially when I'm trying to start a whole 'nother chapter of my life and I can't let go of some stuff.."

(I need to write more happy!fanfics for Brie. <3)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]   Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone] Empty

Back to top Go down

Been Waiting On This For A While [tag: anyone]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next